onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby C (A) match thread - 2nd March.

55 minutes ago, JRC said:

No they are your words. What Shanahan actually said was after speaking for the first time with Moore she didn't want anyone else. As I remember it very few people on here wanted anyone else either. I personally want Derek Adams but I think I was in a minority of one. 

Really?

And in what appears to be a worrying case of history repeating, she told fans: “We had a Zoom, and we had three hours on the phone, me and Flicker, and him and his agent, and we had three hours on Zoom, and we talked about Port Vale…And he rang back and said he wanted to come and I couldn’t believe it, I absolutely couldn’t believe it. We didn’t go after anybody else because we went for him first…and I said we are so grateful to have him.”

Vale fans may be alarmed to hear that just as when Flitcroft was hired, there were no other candidates listed, considered, or interviewed. Neither does it appear that anyone else other than Flitcroft, a man who has already hired and fired two managers, was consulted in the process.

Advert

17 minutes ago, MBE said:

I thought Moore’s interview today hinted  he’s getting pissed off at the players and he’s trying to keep a lid on it.

Sounds to me like they aren’t listening to him and his coaching team’s instructions.

Yeah and ‘as a groooooooooooooooooop we’ve got to be better’

4 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

No such thing being a free hit especially when you are fighting relegation

Its 11 v 11 in a league one fixture 

Correct.

Leicester away was a free hit for relegation battling QPR today. Guess who won. I guess their players didn't consider it a free hit.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MBE said:

I agree with you to an extent.

I think that’s what Flitcroft should have done a while ago. He needed to front up own this mess and tell us like it us. 

I don’t think Moore is in that position yet. He needs them on side whilst we are still just about in touch.

When we are all but down I think you’ll hear a very different tone.

I hope so mate, I just want somebody to own up to this mess. Have the players downed tools? Is a budget problem? I think we can all agree flitcrofts a problem so for me his fate is sealed in regards to the fans no matter what happens. I just wish somebody would call a spade a spade at the club and show abit of fight and desire to address and fix the situation. 

Hopefully in time that becomes Moore I'd love him to come and out and call every out the real reason behind this mess. He's been dealt a <ovf censored> hand yes but any man and their dog will take a 5 year contract in their game.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

The sad part is that out of our starting 11, which teams REALISTICALLY would they go to right now, not on loan or under 23 but professional football clubs?

Ripley. Back to Morecambe? Maybe an Exeter. 
Shorrock. Alsager Town? Congleton Town? 
Lopata. Won’t get in Barnsleys side again. So again maybe a Cheltenham. Shrewsbury? 
Iacoviiti. Barnet? Boreham Wood? 
Debrah. Oldham? Gateshead?
Massey. Forest Green? Sutton? 
Plant. Tranmere? Chesterfield? 
Ojo. The bin because he’s downed tools. 
Garrity. Pompey. Bolton. Derby. Any mid championship club. 
Weir. Crewe? Wimbledon? 
Chislett. First half of the season Blackburn. Recent weeks. Southport.

As for the subs.

Dipepa.  Stone Dominoes if they still exist. 
Clarke. Swindon. 
Smith. Grimsby. 
Mighten. Not seen enough of him.

These players are not “phenomenal” as Carol would put it. 
In the main they are crap. 
They’ve shown it today. They showed it under Crosby. They’ve shown it all season.

About time reality hit home at how bad this squad is that Mr Flitcroft has assembled.

Like we have said for two years. We have done it on the cheap.

Why will anything be different next year ?

I know that league 2 will cost a lot less than league 1 to rebuild a complete squad

4 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Would you pay 70k to buy Ryan Loft and then give him circa 3k a week for over two years?

The money has been spunked.

Do you think there is any way back? I.e if DF builds a team that wins promotion straight back to league 1 using Carol’s new found wealth? Also, any names to replace DF as DOF? 

28 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Haven't been on for 3 days as it's demoralising reading and posting. 

I still feel it's a free hit for Moore and today won't define the season but 1 point from 15 and conceding 2.4 goals a game since he took over means we have to score 3 to win a game. 

Hopefully Oldham come up with Chesterfield instead of another pitiful team like Harrogate or Crawley. 

October/November this began and we did nothing.  Pathetic. 

No call to knock Harrogate,Crawley, Accrington, Burton etc. They over achieve for their resources. Port Vale under achieve.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MBE said:

Our budget is comparable to other clubs looking for mid table. I know Baggers said 18th but I don’t believe there is much difference between us and 10 other clubs.

We’ve just not spent budget wisely for our senior pros in my view.

just why we can't get key signings over the line I don't know, is it the budget, length of contract, Stoke-on-Trent, family reasons etc?  Carol has made the club a more "Attractive place" to be as may players have said who did sign on the dotted line.

However 4 poor windows in a row and no lessons seem to have been learned, it can't go on, the recruitment process needs new blood.

Edited by Paul6754
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil500 said:

No call to knock Harrogate,Crawley, Accrington, Burton etc. They over achieve for their resources. Port Vale under achieve.

I meant more for some crowd interaction and atmosphere really but you're right. 

2 minutes ago, Boslem&#x27;s Brazil said:

Do you think there is any way back? I.e if DF builds a team that wins promotion straight back to league 1 using Carol’s new found wealth? Also, any names to replace DF as DOF? 

Do we really need a Director of Football ??

we have so many back room staff - its footballers we need 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Ok it wasn’t instant but he’s got a reaction, will be Moore’s 6th game next week we won’t win a game all season now under him 

And if he wins v Shrewsbury. He would have had exactly same the start that the Fleetwood manager had plus Fleetwood have got miles better players than Vale and have strikers that score goals