onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Was it a choice between a scoreboard and a player? The scoreboard will obviously last longer than a player and bring advertising revenue in as well as performing an informative function.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

We should play the scoreboard in L2. Park the scoreboard. I need a lie down. 

Edited by Houston Valiant
  • Haha 2

Advert

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Was it a choice between a scoreboard and a player? The scoreboard will obviously last longer than a player and bring advertising revenue in as well as performing an informative function.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Northwood seemed to think investing off the pitch and ignoring the squad was the way to go. For me a balance was needed and we have seen the consequences. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Ok pal. I loved Darrel Clarke and Micky Adams. Was also a fan of Bruno (wrongly so)  Moore, I was very happy with the appointment and been bitterly disappointed. Sets the team up fine but his in game management just seems all over the place  

Do you still think we made the right choice investing in the scoreboard over the team? 

Call me controversial buts what’s the point of the scoreboard? The replays are <ovf censored> and on for a nano second. However typing this I’ve just realised it’s so you have something to look at rather than the football!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

Call me controversial buts what’s the point of the scoreboard? The replays are <ovf censored> and on for a nano second. However typing this I’ve just realised it’s so you have something to look at rather than the football!

Folk expect a scoreboard and we’ve had one forever.  The old one was knackered, plus was in the way if you’re stood at the back of the Hamil….. buts that’s a separate topic.

54 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

It’s so you know how many we have let in when you lose count 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

He is clueless .

He as lost us majority of  games since coming in 

Even when we have played well he hasn't made sure we have won games 2 nil up v Fleetwood and Exeter yet all the players need be told is no mistakes no dropping  back keep doing what you doing 

I've got say if we relegated which is very likely now I don't see how folk can want him continue in  the job he as failed .

We might not be a big club but we don't have to keep on performing like a very small one 

What does he do at 2 -0 up v Exeter yesterday in that changing room because whatever he said as got us relegated .

I cannot quite believe it and for making a happy person unhappy he can go ply is his trade elsewhere .

• Like 2

His tactics and substitutions are questionable, though recruitment is the reason for our relegation. This squad deserves to go down and he has no responsibility for that.

An interesting side note is that as things stand his the three clubs he's managed in the last 12 months are going to be relegated: Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield Town and Port Vale. Which says that whatever you think of his management skills, he is awful at picking jobs.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Did Loft take a knock? An I was thinking Moore actually did the right thing in dropping Loft and playing Uche plus Dippepa. I can’t even give him credit for that. 

They were starting anyway and Loft was on the bench but he never warmed up during the game or at half time so my guess was that he took a knock or tweaked something in the warm up before the game

9 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

He is clueless .

He as lost us majority of  games since coming in 

Even when we have played well he hasn't made sure we have won games 2 nil up v Fleetwood and Exeter yet all the players need be told is no mistakes no dropping  back keep doing what you doing 

I've got say if we relegated which is very likely now I don't see how folk can want him continue in  the job he as failed .

We might not be a big club but we don't have to keep on performing like a very small one 

What does he do at 2 -0 up v Exeter yesterday in that changing room because whatever he said as got us relegated .

I cannot quite believe it and for making a happy person unhappy he can go ply is his trade elsewhere .

As for what he said at HT, ``This game is won, take it easy we have another game Tuesday we don`t want to be tired for that.``  Pure speculation by myself inspired by Leicester`s excuse of lack of rotation options in their recent loss at Plymouth in my local paper.

36 minutes ago, Wrex said:

His tactics and substitutions are questionable, though recruitment is the reason for our relegation. This squad deserves to go down and he has no responsibility for that.

An interesting side note is that as things stand his the three clubs he's managed in the last 12 months are going to be relegated: Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield Town and Port Vale. Which says that whatever you think of his management skills, he is awful at picking jobs.

I think he’s been hamstrung by the squad. You can’t put lipstick on a pig. It’s still a poorly assembled bunch. But…. He hasn’t got a response from them, nothing, which either speaks volumes about their character and quality or his managerial ability. 

• Like 3

After what happened at home to Fleetwood and away at Peterborough surely sitting back and letting them have the ball was far to risky I also don’t get the sub of uche I’m not botheread how knackeread he was he is a footballer and will be able to keep running around for longer than moore allowed him <ovf censored> the next game we had to win that one first 

I’ll still give him next season and really hope he does well though 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

They were starting anyway and Loft was on the bench but he never warmed up during the game or at half time so my guess was that he took a knock or tweaked something in the warm up before the game

Fair enough. IMO, if he couldn’t bring on Loft to replace the knackered Funso he should have brought Walters on and pushed Garrity further up field in his preferred position. Moore’s substitutions have cost us lots of point's. He does not inspire me as a good tactician.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I think he’s been hamstrung by the squad. You can’t put lipstick on a pig. It’s still a poorly assembled bunch. But…. He hasn’t got a response from them, nothing, which either speaks volumes about their character and quality or his managerial ability. 

Yeah for me let’s see what he can do with a transfer window and some of his own players. Even this isn’t going to be easy with so many under contract. There’ve been times I’ve been encouraged with how we’ve looked organised at the start of games but the in game management when teams make changes has been dismal / non-existent and needs to improve drastically for me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Yeah for me let’s see what he can do with a transfer window and some of his own players. Even this isn’t going to be easy with so many under contract. There’ve been times I’ve been encouraged with how we’ve looked organised at the start of games but the in game management when teams make changes has been dismal / non-existent and needs to improve drastically for me.

I honestly have never felt so annoyed with this current situation.

Over 60 years of supporting the Vale, this season has been the worst without doubt.

We have played 43 league games and only twice have we won by more than 1goal, Blackpool and Bristol Rovers.

We haven’t won a Saturday Home Match since before Christmas and it’s now 2 weeks since Easter.

We haven’t won a night match in the league all season.

Since the first 7 games when we had 16 points we have won 5, drawn 9 and lost 22.

24 Points out of 108 !

Never in 60 years have we had such awful stats, so nobody say they have seen worse.

When Ben Garrity, who is a Poor Man’s Andy Porter is your Best Player then it sums up our Recruitment.

Previous Owners have made Mistakes but not like those made over the Last 15 months or so.

The Icing on the Cake being giving this Manager a 5 and 1/2 year Contract.

I will say that I feel Carol is a Honest and Well Meaning Person but she has been taken for a ride by Flitcroft and Moore.

It ‘s not going to be easy and will need Money and the Right People to rectify this Situation.

Good Luck Carol.

• Like 1