onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough (A) match thread - 10th March

robf

11 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I have said this before and I'm probably the only person but I don't really rate Ripley and 2 consecutive relegation battle's in League One says everything 

While Ripley isn’t amazing, he is the least of our worries. We won’t be relegated because of him. His performances are acceptable. 

• Like 7

Advert

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

While Ripley isn’t amazing, he is the least of our worries. We won’t be relegated because of him. His performances are acceptable. 

True but he needs to stop faffing about with it at the back & stay in between the sticks. Couldn’t quite believe he was having a go at smith for that last night when he clearly stood asking for the ball then was to slow releasing it after a poor heavy first touch. He dwindles on it far too long. Oh and we ain’t getting relegated either 😉 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

I didn't have a problem with us trying to contain them, but the fact remains when we did get the ball we were hopeless. 

Loft has reverted to type after two good games and is dire. Him up front on his own was laughable, but not as laughable as whatever Ikpeazu was up to when he came on.

But the fact is our forward options are poor, put together by Flitcroft and Crosby and now a manager who probably deep down knows none of them are good enough has to make do because he arrived after Flitcroft's last abhorrent transfer window and has no other option.

For all those criticising Plant, he's a 19 year old up against a million pound player and stuck to his task well. He was the best of a poor bunch last night.

And whatever division we're in next year, I would really like for us to get a better keeper to compete with Ripley. He has some good points but his arrogance is unbelievable, Smith was right to dig him out for p*ssing about with it in the second half, but he knows he will play every week. I don't like the fact he wants to join in with the defence, that he farts about 30 yards away from his goal, and occasionally making a good save doesn't make up for his deficiencies. He's nowhere near the standard of a Goodlad, Neal or Brown. 

He's got another year so I would love if we let Leutwiler go and bring in another, good young keeper who will push him.

• Like 4

First things first Peterborough are the best team I've seen this season and the left side of Burrow and Mason Clark will give better sides than us problems but we didn't really give ourselves a chance last night. Plant did his best but it was clear from the first five minutes that we'd have problems down that side and we did nothing to combat it. We didn't change formation to combat their wide play and it was just a matter of time before they scored. I know their goals came via a deflection, a penalty and an own goal but your glass is more than half full if you think we were unlucky in any shape or form. We treated the game like a free hit and have placed all our hopes on the home games. Hopefully it'll be a successful tactic.

• Like 3

im at that point of not wanting to watch this team anymore. the gulf between vale and pboro is embarrassing and depressing at the same time. and theyre not bigger a club than vale. just better run by people who know what theyre doing.
the season cant end fast enough and the thought of watching this lot next season regardless which division we are in is an even more horrific prospect.

Better training facilities with dome. Their manager praised their recovery system after their Sunday game.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

2 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Ah yes, "shooting from the hip" - another tired cliche used by people who don't know what to say to explain themselves, but want to sound relevant and with it.  Don't confuse "burying my head in the sand" with me taking a less reactionary and more moderate stance on the Vale than you, though it's an easy mistake to make for an idiot.  What is it that you see with your head out of the sand, you <ovf censored>? Your response to everything seems to run to the extreme immediately, which is simply attention seeking garbage.  Another meaningless cliche - "cloud cuckoo land" - I suspect you don't even know what you mean by that either, but it's just a way of trying to put you "in the real world" and diminish the opinion of "happy clappers" as you term them, ie the fans who refuse to join you in going ballistic when things go wrong, and discuss things reasonably without shouting.  

Keep crying the tears of a clown Nappy Soiler, and watch how many people can't be bothered with your negativity and crass opinions.  I'll continue to support the Vale my way, and leave you to your cliches and your multiple emojis, you one trick keyboard plonker.  I'll leave you to get back to your crayoning and cliche collection.

He won’t understand a word of that 😂

• Haha 3

We were never going to "contain" them, certainly not for 90 minutes. It's absolutely pathetic that we even attempted to do just that. Our best chance would have been just to have a go and surprise them a little. We would more than likely still lose anyway, they have better players than we do in every position. But the way we bent over the table and asked them to take us was absolutely shocking.

I have no idea idea why people are so desperate for us to stay up anyway. We have a squad that is 95% League Two level. If we stay up somehow we will only get hammered week in, week out next season, before getting relegated. Carol isn't going to put the money in that's required to have half a successful season at this level, that's for certain. All she is interested in really is how she looks within the community.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Anyone else sick of Ripley’s constant <ovf censored> about? He’s a liability when it’s on the deck, time and time again. 

Ripley is an arrogant tosser and isn't half as good as he believes he is in his own head. Another failure I look forward to seeing the back of.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gags 64 said:

Let's go through that 11 tonight

I'll discount Ripley, Smith and Garrity as they are the only players I would start with each week

Lowe - not league 1 standard
Iacovetti - likewise
Grant - career over
Walters - non league
Massey - nothing player
Plant - not a defender
Ojo - has given up
Loft - National league at best

Subs
Chissy - not league 1 standard
Dipepa - not ready yet
Uche - immobile
Shorrock - not ready yet

What a depressing line up, seriously would struggle in league 2

Although no world beaters Debrah or Lopata have got to start before Lowe in a back 3

Terrible loans in January, Gore, Mighten, Weir, Williams. Why did we bother with any of these

It's all a bit depressing

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

Unpopular opinions

Ripley is one of the most overrated keepers I can remember at Vale. Bottom end L1 GK.He wouldn't get any any of the top 8 teams. He's x10 better than Stone and Stephenson from last year which is why fans think he is good. 

Smith is a fantastics L2 player, he's not a L1 defender.

Sell Garrity 1m + to reinvest in the team.

Plant, Walters, Shorrock,Dipepa shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st eleven. All players with potential to develop and bring in and out of the match day squads and from the bench here and there. 

• Like 3

Just now, MBE said:

Unpopular opinions

Ripley is one of the most overrated keepers I can remember at Vale. Bottom end L1 GK.He wouldn't get any any of the top 8 teams. He's x10 better than Stone and Stephenson from last year which is why fans think he is good. 

Plant, Walters, Shorrock,Dipepa shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st eleven. All players with potential to develop and bring in and out of the match day squads and from the bench here and there. 

Smith isn't and has never been a fantastic League Two player. That's just his level.

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, MBE said:

Unpopular opinions

Plant is good. Appreciate he got completely rinsed by the leagues best winger and leagues best left back last night, but also in many instances won the ball and actually got some decent crosses in when he had the chance. Apart from that garrity volley, the only other bits of quality in the entire game from us came from plant.

We all dream of a team full of Garrity's but my second dream would be a team full of Plants.

• Like 1

Oh yeah , The guys earning thousands of pounds a week and you feel sorry for him are you winding me up do me a favour he's a professional footballer get out there and do the job to the best of your ability don't be a sulking waye of space, jeez
If a sex trafficker gave you £20 million but took your daughter I suppose you would be happy because your bank balance looked good?
  • Thanks 1