onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) match thread - 10th Feb

robf

17 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m sensing another letter to the EFL….

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If he stays a couple of weeks it'll save rolling the pitch.

It's his moanar*e Raynor who is even worse. Perhaps if his GK hadn't wasted time they wouldn't have played as long

Advert

Lopata was very good. Noticeable when he went off and Smith had to go in the middle on his own, we got split apart several times then. Mighten looks lively and will gain us many free kicks in dangerous areas. Battled today and players looked up for it, at last! We didn't deserve to lose so I feel this could be  a very important point at the end of the season.   Anyone else reckon Vale, Sjoke and Crewe a in Dovision 1 next season?

Deserved a point, quality was sadly lacking though and we always looked like conceding once Stevenage decided to get at us in the second half. The thing that will take us down is the lack of a striker (or 2) as we just won't score enough to get the 5 or 6 wins needed. Injuries to our vital players haven't helped, another one today which will probably result in a long lay off. Poor January window when we could all see what we needed and our squad depth is woeful

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

No idea about the given penalty but if it is debatable I feel it’s justice for the ridiculous tackle Butler did on Chizzy which was a stonewall penalty at Stevenage.

Mighten looked like a penalty as well but he was very  theatrical which probably went against him, but having said that it didn’t stop the ref giving one against us v Portsmouth.

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

He’s a very good keeper as was Scott brown. We would be rock bottom without him. 

He's a great shot stopper as was Brown but never commands his area, if we had last year's keepers we would be bottom but as with many keepers we have had he stays rooted, their first goal was his all ball all day long.

Just now, valefan79 said:

He's a great shot stopper as was Brown but never commands his area, if we had last year's keepers we would be bottom but as with many keepers we have had he stays rooted, their first goal was his all ball all day long.

Not disagreeing but I think he’s a very good keeper and if better off his line wouldn’t be in league 1 

Special mention to Sang when he came on, some great balls into the box and for me being under used since he has come back after injury.  He has a great ball on him and if we had a forward of note he would have a number of assists.

The penalty decision is absolutely shocking.

Clearly heads it away - his arm is at a funny angle, mind.

Makes up for the stonewaller on Chislett at their place.

Where was the pitch invader to rapturous applause? I thought we didn't stand for contentious penalty decisions.

Have to fight fire with fire, take the heat off the defence by getting more players around Willo. Weir, Mighten and Chiz as 3 interchangeable 10s. Anything else and we are totally impotent.

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

The penalty decision is absolutely shocking.

Clearly heads it away - his arm is at a funny angle, mind.

Makes up for the stonewaller on Chislett at their place.

Where was the pitch invader to rapturous applause? I thought we didn't stand for contentious penalty decisions.

3 games against Stevenage have resulted in shocking penalty decisions, 2 in our favour and 1 against.  The one in the FA Cup when Uche got that was equally as bad.

Archived