New Manager is ?

Fosse69

13 minutes ago, rob1983 said:
1 hour ago, Brian said:
Job done then. If you’re going to get him, he’s bound to want to come

What's your point?

I’m responding ironically to your rather silly post

Advert

My argument against Robinson isn't just one appalling tackle which nearly ended a player's career. He was a serial clogger throughout his playing career. Do we really want to become a team in his image? Do fans really want to watch the kind of football we would likely play under such a manager, or is win at any cost all that matters. You need hard players like Andy Porter in a successful team to compliment the more skill full players, but Robinson was a serial thug and I wouldn't want him near the Vale. If that's what people want fine, but count me out. I would also question what his credentials are for getting us out of this mess, he is a coach with no managerial experience, sound familiar. Surely an experienced manager who's been in a similar situation would be the best bet.

5 minutes ago, capirex said:

My argument against Robinson isn't just one appalling tackle which nearly ended a player's career. He was a serial clogger throughout his playing career. Do we really want to become a team in his image? Do fans really want to watch the kind of football we would likely play under such a manager, or is win at any cost all that matters. You need hard players like Andy Porter in a successful team to compliment the more skill full players, but Robinson was a serial thug and I wouldn't want him near the Vale. If that's what people want fine, but count me out. I would also question what his credentials are for getting us out of this mess, he is a coach with no managerial experience, sound familiar. Surely an experienced manager who's been in a similar situation would be the best bet.

Totally agree. Serial hatchet man for Watford, Bolton and Birmingham.

The Watford team that night had Rob Page in their back four and another defender (Palmer, ex Ipswich) who if memory serves, punched Alan Lee off the ball. 

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

The problem is & you can not have a go at Vale fans for thinking this, we have just tried the route of giving a coach his first managerial appointment which he made a right mess of.

Rightly or wrongly, it's now given the supporter base the impression ,that getting an inexperienced manager is a cheap option and what we have just had virtually all season, will happen again.

Yes, I agree.  But, if we drop on a good one... 

Equally, look how many managers get touted around, club after club, and achieve very little.  Look at the difficulty Sjoke is having!

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Portsmouth appointed a 37 year old with no managerial experience in January 2023. Now they have played 61, won 31, 50.82% win rate, currently top of L1.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Its a fact that it does work for some but were they in the relegation zone with 18 games left on a decline like we are? Plus is he just a puppet for a DOF? I think the situation here is a million times different,if you can point to one that has come into a club and got them out of the relegation zone with so few games left then fair enough.

As a side note though none of us know if it could work BUT it's such a massive gamble to take right now imo

Portsmouth appointed a 37 year old with no managerial experience in January 2023. Now they have played 61, won 31, 50.82% win rate, currently top of L1.

The big difference is John Mousinho has autonomy to do what he wants with the 1st team and is not told how he must play. 

Colby Bishop up front

Marlon Pack in MF

18000 average crowd

Much bigger budget

No comparison 

1 hour ago, JohnDoe said:

This is what ive been trying to say. Look at others doing well. 

Pete wild was appointed from non league and had previously coached England amputees!

Michael Duff was succesful in his first managerial job with Cheltenham after being a coach for a couple of years. 

Neill Collins has taken Barnsley to fifth. He was appointed from tampa bay rowdies. 

Oxford are 7th and their manager came from a team in India and had previously coached in Australia. 

John Rudge was successful in his first managerial position too.

(Its also notable how many were previous players at their clubs)

Why was it fine for all these teams who are finding success, but the cheap and disastrous option for us. We need to right person for us, and if its that persons first managerial position with is then ill give him a chance to prove himself. 

Have any of these rookie coaches got thrown into a relegation battle mid season with no resources to change the squad?

39 minutes ago, Santa said:

I’m not going in to bat for Andy Crosby but I will say that with a couple of decent centre forwards at his disposal he becomes a much better manager instantly. 

That’s my worry. Put Klopp in charge with no transfer window, he still has no Uche, then Loft and Wilson. How would he, and by extension anyone, change us into an attacking threat? Hopefully an answer this afternoon!

Archived