onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

I said I think it'll be Mark Bonner as soon as Crosby left. He fits in with the ethics and criteria that Carol and Flitcroft are looking for. He's young, can work to a relatively small budget and did a lot of work with the community while at Cambridge. 

Bonner reminds me a little bit of Darrell Clarke actually, not sure why. I wouldn't be against him getting the job and I think that if, heaven forbid, we do go down then we'd be in good stead with Bonner. 

Advert

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’d be happy with Bonner personally 

I think the optics of appointing Bonner would not look good - just sacked because the Cambridge Board had no confidence in him to keep them out of the relegation zone. And their decision to replace him with Harris is now looking fully justified as after a dreadful losing run under Bonner - and some decent signings in the window - they are now steadily moving up the table. We need someone who knows exactly how to win and equally as important how not to lose. Don't see that too much in Bonner to be honest.

On the plus side with Bonner, on a forum that has seen its fair share of Darell and Darrel, it’s only a matter of time before a Boner turns up, which will no doubt be mildly amusing in the turbulent months to come.

1 hour ago, Alfie1962 said:

Whoever comes in will get my backing, pointless being negative when there is not many games to go. Need to give whoever it is the best chance of keeping us up by getting behind the team imho

Yes we all need to get behind the lads and new manager , who ever he is but with Flitcroft still there I fear some will be distracted to protest against him and forget about what’s going on on the pitch match time . UTV

4 minutes ago, 1 said:

On the plus side with Bonner, on a forum that has seen its fair share of Darell and Darrel, it’s only a matter of time before a Boner turns up, which will no doubt be mildly amusing in the turbulent months to come.

It’ll be hard though 

Will applaud any new manager when they step out at Vale for the first but if Bonner, for me will be a very cheap uninspiring choice and looks like the kind of bloke who is made to get us back up if we went down.  He just about kept Cambridge up last year by virtue of MK Dons not winning at Burton on the last day and then this year they were falling like anything before they got rid and ever since improved a lot.  Not sure what kind of style of play he is known for but looking at stats from last only bottom 2 scored less, they scored 41 in 46 games and this season 14  goals in 18 games, not sure it would be a good watch.  I have no idea about finances and how bad they are but for me the manager is the most important person at the club and a decent manager helps to attract a better standard of player.  

Bonner did a good job at Cambridge playing attacking football. Got them promoted and continued to do well following that.

Not that it means much but he comes across as a good chap, we all commented on his interview when we played them earlier in the season and heard him on the radio on our way home.

From the names mentioned he'd be my choice but we've got no idea who's really in the frame.

Up the Bonner.

20 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Genuine question here mate as I don’t know either 

Why bonner over Kennedy 

More experienced. With the mess we’re I’d like someone who’s reasonably experienced, bonner wouldn’t be ideal choice and from what Cambridgedon replied to me I’m not so sure. It’s still wild or duff for me but I’d take bonner over Kennedy 

2 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Darren Moore has come in to 7/4 second favourite.

Kennedy is still favourite, though has gone out a bit to 4/5.

Bonner is third in the odds at 4/1.

If Moore would come then his record looks the standout from those available.

Bonner & Kennedy seem the cheap & easy options for me. Both inexperienced to be fair one more successful than the other. I’d lean towards Bowyer myself before any of them just for the experience. If I had to choose before the two of bonner or Kennedy it’d be bonner as he has had success in management previously albeit neither are massively experienced managers one being a coach. In a relegation battle like this it screams of an experienced head to come in not a young up & coming manager 

4 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Darren Moore has come in to 7/4 second favourite.

Kennedy is still favourite, though has gone out a bit to 4/5.

Bonner is third in the odds at 4/1.

Would love Darren Moore! 

Archived