onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We spent too much money on his watch in the promotion season which is why we had to appoint Crosby and couldn't recruit as many of the required players for the following seasons. That is down to him surely.

If we've bought him a watch that's ridiculous.

Advert

Should Mark Kennedy be appointed that tells me we have no money and he looks a very cheap option.

If we are just going for another inexperienced coach I really do find it incredulous what Flitcroft said at the forum and his actions since.

On a positive note with Mark Kennedy I seem to recall his Lincoln side were very good defensively of which we definitely need a back to basics approach.

6 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We spent too much money on his watch in the promotion season which is why we had to appoint Crosby and couldn't recruit as many of the required players for the following seasons. That is down to him surely.

Is that fact or speculation? As we have had a near rebuild of players since we were promoted. Garrity, Smith and Wilson are all that remain.

EDIT: Adding Jones to that list who seemed to have been frozen out by Crosby.

9 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

We could also question how Flitcroft landed himself a DOF job after the disaster at Bury.

Sometimes I think some appointments are absolutely ridiculous.

Do you mean the disaster of getting promoted?

He was the manager of a football team not the financial controller or owner of the football club.. It was up to the the <ovf censored> who owned Bury at the time to say No.

Bury going into administration was not a football managers fault.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

On records we'd have been significantly better off staying with Crosby.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b60ec3305677ddae166652a10568bc43.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg.b8ca4496d1688685464d08c7e0e19b48.jpg

If you look at Crosby’s proper spell at vale and then Kennedy at macc, Kennedy has a higher ppg because of the draws. This also ignores the fact that Crosby’s wins were stacked right at the start, and after that we’ve been awful.

Sorry guys I've been away for a few days and can't be arsed reading through everything.

Can someone tell me, is there any concrete evidence that going to be Kennedy or is everyone just putting two and two together with him being at the stadium and the odds moving?

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

If you look at Crosby’s proper spell at vale and then Kennedy at macc, Kennedy has a higher ppg because of the draws. This also ignores the fact that Crosby’s wins were stacked right at the start, and after that we’ve been awful.

This is true. I'm sure I read earlier that the owner of Lincoln confirmed he wasn't sacked because of results. Which you could also see as a bad thing too.

9 minutes ago, Powerline said:

It’s still a poor record however you want to swing it mate! And the cheap & easy option yet again 

16 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Is that fact or speculation? As we have had a near rebuild of players since we were promoted. Garrity, Smith and Wilson are all that remain.

EDIT: Adding Jones to that list who seemed to have been frozen out by Crosby.

It was a quote from Carol I believe, "we have spent 5 years money in four years" or something along those lines. It was from an official source and available on the internet at the time.

I think people need to be careful who they are rejecting. I think we are a very unappealing prospect for a manager at the moment. The most unbalanced squad I think we have ever had. I can't see where the next goal will come from let alone win.
I have a horrible feeling in my gut that we are going to end up with Westley after everyone we approach says no.

28 minutes ago, MBE said:

Do you mean the disaster of getting promoted?

He was the manager of a football team not the financial controller or owner of the football club.. It was up to the the <ovf censored> who owned Bury at the time to say No.

Bury going into administration was not a football managers fault.

Nonetheless, he was inherently part of the problem.

He is 'director of football' How the hell did he even land the job? Does the league table not tell you something?

I also get the feeling that  Darrell Clarke was restricted by the hierarchy and had been made a scapegoat.

1 hour ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Kennedy's record at Macclesfield is appaling...albeit he was only there for 15 games

The Lincoln record isn't great either/ Average of just over one goal per match managed

They said his football was boring,sets up not to lose and packs midfield hence lack of goals i guess,so dont expect fast attacking football with goals....... they could be taking a big risk when it comes to selling season tickets

Archived