onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

8 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

19 games left plenty of time for a new manager get to grips with what needs be done .

It's been a very Vale season one minute on cloud nine reaching quarter final of league cup with a terrific performance at Mansfield then we showing ourselves up v Carlisle Cheltenhamand Fleetwood who were all bottom of the league .

Think we have played  majority of top clubs in this league and generally we never beat them and don't have a goal attempt .

It's all kind of predictable .

3 at the back big holes everywhere .

Forwards not connecting then when they started to one couldn't get down to Charlton quick enough and one plays when he feels like it and one for all the will in the world struggles do anything good. 

You cannot ignore the fact we needed a striker especially when Uche got injured the fact that we somehow ended up with a kid a player who gets injured more than he should do and a player who if has a goal attempt I'll probably clap for a good 5 mins when it occurs .

Ben Garrities the hub of the Vale without him we look leaderless 

So all in all we find ourselves in this crazy situation where whoever comes in has to work with what we have .

Who's to say he will like what we have .

The timings just bizarre unless the new man has already said YES I'll take it ,I think whoever takes it is going be able bring a few free agents in let's hope they are ready though we haven't got time for players get up to speed they got to hit the ground running and be fit and ready to go .

There's so many failures out there at management but we have to give someone a chance 

Me personally I want a winner in someone who can get Vale on the front foot in games and recognise quickly when the other teams on top and stop that do they aint .

Think personally we will get the bloke who come help Crosby out when Clarke had his time off .

I cannot recall his name but well respected and was with DC at Cheltenham for a bit but I'm sure he isn't now .

Thats my guess but more importantly we have a game tonight a game where every player has to be at there best, not necessarily for the people who select them ,for the 1100 angry and dejected supporters who witnessed the game which ultimately finished Crosbys time off as manager ,I know people say he deserved it but no striker 5th from bottom you would take at the end of the season with no striker wouldn't you .

The new man well I'm.expecting him to get us up to 8th bottom minimum but more importantly I expect his style of play get folk talking about Vale in a positive way and people rushing out to renew season tickets while others who fo not usually have one wanting one .

UTV 

DI, are you referring to Adam Murray. If so his stock has taken a massive downward turn since he left us for Besiktas.

Advert

3 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

DI, are you referring to Adam Murray. If so his stock has taken a massive downward turn since he left us for Besiktas.

That's him quite tactically astute though I believe .

To be honest couldn't care less who the manager uis get us winning games, ,make it enjoyable,get the fans going we have good passionate fans .

You won't hear them if you do not play well ,mind you you might do you might hear there moaning cause they care that's why .

I want see motivation I want see winners and I want see non stop hard running. 

I don't want players showing disrespect to the shirts there wearing ,if they do I want them paid off and removed from the club .

I'm looking forwards to tonight .

Hopefully there's some thought as gone into the team selection 

Hopefully also the person who sends them out whether that's Carol Kevin boomer Dunn or Nash gets over to the players that you play your game and concentrate on your qualities not worry about there's (Leyton Orient).

UTV 

With 8 league games in 26 days, the appointment needs to be someone who can have a fairly immediate impact.

It can't be someone who needs the summer to put things in place. We need a fairly immediate upturn in pretty much everything.

9 hours ago, andy jones said:

Can't stand the bloke. But I respect his ability to get players playing!

Loath is approach to the game, always complaining and he also gets his players to hound the ref and complain at everything as well.

But he gets results.

Wonder if a deal could be done for him.  A dozen pies at dinner time and another dozen for tea.  All the coffee you can drink.  🤪

9 hours ago, Warren said:

It looks likely and very sensible to me that Flitcroft takes over as manager until the end of the season. He's got all the experience and a pretty good record. With the games coming up this month I am concerned there isn't time for an external recruitment exercise. I think it's the way to go. Need to find his assistant. I guess he will know someone.

Just a thought tho if Flickers takes over till the end of the season.  Then we can get a new manager and a couple of strikers when we are in Div 2.  🙃 

He will want the side to still play this fancy passing and possession football.  So will the players still rebel against it or just not be able to play that way.  

We have a squad which consists of Clarke, Wilson, Loft, Ripley, Leutwiler, Mighten, Plant and Ikpeazu.
3 are injured
1 is rarely fit for more than 10 consecutive games
2 are goalkeepers
The remaining squad members are central defenders or central midfielders.
Who would want that poison challace?

Whilst I can see the argument for Flitcroft to take over the mess he has helped to create. His previous managerial success was at Bury. Where his spending helped to Bankrupt the club. I don't consider it a coaching success, when you are allowed to Carte Blanche buy all the best players available. He must have been aware that what he was unsustainable.
If he was that interested in being the manager he would have gone for the job instead of talking Carol into giving him a job, she wasn't even aware of until the interview started.
My only worry is that he will have far too much influence on the choice of new manager. I was hoping he would have gone with Crosby.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

8 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

Warren for once could be on to something. Carol should appoint Flitters and give him the chance to manage the players he's signed on the pitch he's had sorted out and coached by the coaches he's appointed . <ovf censored> or bust for everyone then . (Or win/win)😀

I’d agree except he won’t sort them out. He is every much as unconvincing a manager as he is a DOF

Oh cheer up everyone. Flitcroft's record as a manager is actually pretty good at 4 clubs. One promotion, one play off, one stepped in to save from relegation and Mansfield head hunted him from Swindon. 

LIVE ODDS, BET VICTOR....

Ainsworth.    4/1

Duff.               5/1

Eustace.          6/1

Dunn.              6/1

Moore.             8/1

Heckinbottom. 8/1

Rowett.             10/1

Neil.                   12/1

Wild.                   12/1

Let's hope we are interviewing all the candidates .

As much as liked Crosby he should have gone with DC at the time how can one man who very few folk wanted fired not have all the backroom staff dismissed also .

We didn't at the time I thought how strange let's hope it's not deja Vu as noticed Nash and Dunn running on sat patting all the players on back after game .

Maybe some people have ideas they could do better doesn't always work like that. 

What goes around comes around.

UTV 

Archived