onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, blackdog said:

There are no goals in this team, hence Garitty a midfielder being top scorer, so whoever comes in is going to struggle, he could get us organised and difficult to beat but without goals it's an impossible task.

I think there are goals, granted not many but the issue is a massive lack of any kind of urgency or creativity in our play. Pass, pass, back. Pass, back, pass, pass, long ball, turn over possession. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Need to introduce some urgency to our play and some actual f-ing point to what we are trying to do. 

19 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Dunn slithering off like a coward and not taking any responsibility

Do you know that for a fact? Or was he, AC and Schofield sacked together at a meeting after training? Why would they take training if the club intended to sack AC? It all stinks of them standing up to the hierachy about the transfer window.

14 minutes ago, osprey said:

We have one of the biggest pitches in the league and we don’t play with proper wingers- don’t understand why not 

We play with wing backs too but don't actually have any. It really is peak Port Vale.

We have one of the biggest pitches in the league and we don’t play with proper wingers- don’t understand why not 
Winger came on tonight. We passed the ball to him once. It was obviously overhit, and fast as he is, he had no chance of actually getting the ball. He was most likely caught off guard because someone tried to pass it to him for the first time in 15 minutes

Always love the Vale but time call it a day especually on going to  tues night rubbish matches .

Tonight was absolutely startling how much quicker and hungrier Orient were .

They deserved score 6 quite easily they were everything we weren't. 

We were slow outmanoevred and jogging around Wilson whatever is is problem the main culprit on 97 mins did he touch the ball, did he show hunger ,did he tackle did he I'd say he did nothing at all yet was left on to do that that's 3 games in a row  a person out the crowd could have done more .

So here my marks 

Ripley 8 save after save as Vale were cut to shreds .

Debrah 4 very poor 

Lopoca 5 he did OK 

Lowe 4 very poor 

Ojo 4 very poor 

Weir 4 very poor 

Chislett 4 very poor 

Shorrock 5 had a few goes first half but too big a game for him play in 

Loft 4 swiping and missing the ball sum's him up why didnt he control and give Vale a undeserved lead by finishing i do not know why we still playing him do we want go down .

He won header after header no point as Wilson obviously cannot read what his strike partners supposedly doing .

Wilson 0 honestly cannot give him a mark he as done nothing at all 

Sang 4 very poor 

All in all a dreadful display which got the result it deserved OK Bipepa made goalie make a save we thank him for that Jones passed it with some conviction but overall we were absolutely terrible. 

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Do you know that for a fact? Or was he, AC and Schofield sacked together at a meeting after training? Why would they take training if the club intended to sack AC? It all stinks of them standing up to the hierachy about the transfer window.

I really hope that's the case. Weird that Nash has stayed. 

The Flitcroft thing does my head in, it's one of those things where the more you think about it, the more gobsmacking it becomes. Remember that half finished squad last season? Playing games with no strikers and dossers in goal. And then he decided he was cleverer than all of football by deciding not to pay for any strikers this season (but also not buying in any goals from midfield). It's <ovf censored> flabbergasting 

1 minute ago, lydiatevaliant said:

A cowardly performance befitting of our coward of a director of football, hiding away from the fans. If tonight doesn't give Carol the measure of the man then nothing will.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly it must also be said that often at times of struggle Carol herself does a good impersonation of a hide and seek champion. 

18 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Can't see anything positive now, we are heading down I feel unless we push the boat and bring in a manager who is proven and I don't feel we have any money .  You say we could have done without playing Orient, no matter who we played we would have lost, Carlisle have won one in about 14 that was against us, Fleetwood none in 15 before us, Cheltenham bottom when they played us, it does not matter who we play anymore.

Well, I think Orient are a good side and there are enough other teams out there we can beat. There are critical games coming up. Including Reading. I was demoralised by what I saw tonight, but it was mitigated by the fact they were a good side. On the positive the players tried their hardest and despite everything we nearly got a goal near the end. 

There is no point relegating us with 18 games to go. We have games in hand on all the teams above us. 

Archived