onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Warren said:

We need to stay positive and find a way. I know it's hard. A shed load of people left the club on Monday. They weren't good enough in current role. Need to replace them and go from there. 

We really could have done without playing Orient tonight. They genuinely were a good side. 

We have been in worse situations than this. My main concern is February crammed with games. No time to think. 

Can't see anything positive now, we are heading down I feel unless we push the boat and bring in a manager who is proven and I don't feel we have any money .  You say we could have done without playing Orient, no matter who we played we would have lost, Carlisle have won one in about 14 that was against us, Fleetwood none in 15 before us, Cheltenham bottom when they played us, it does not matter who we play anymore.

Advert

Will Ryder being chucked out to face the press is so cowardly from the club. This shouldn't be his job. Poor guy. 

Everyone's hiding, but an academy coach is the one taking the hits. There's been absolutely zero planning to this fiasco. If that clown upstairs is staying on, he should be facing the press, apologising for the mess he's created, and very clearly telling us what on earth he's going to do to put it right.

There are no goals in this team, hence Garitty a midfielder being top scorer, so whoever comes in is going to struggle, he could get us organised and difficult to beat but without goals it's an impossible task.

41 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

To be honest, I'm not sure she will know what to do. She accepted her own limitations early on and (mistakenly) appointed someone with experience in football to guide the club. She has been monumentally let down. To compound this, I think she completely underestimated the cost of running a League 1 club and imho seems to have run out of cash. Well, the lessons will be hard to learn for someone who has put her heart and soul into making the club successful.

After tonight, it seems odds on that we will be relegated and that will be a bitter pill to swallow.

Carol told us herself. I think she said she has spent in 3 years what she had planned for 4. Since then, we spend only what we generate.

What i dont understand, from the meeting two weeks ago, it still seemed that all was going to plan. Well how do we expect to raise even more money for next seasons player budget when this season we have seen RW suite opened, excellent shop sales, decent season ticket levels, fan zone and hamil road revenue, revenue from young player sales.

We now know we need money for toilets and whatever else so how can we increase player wage budget, Where does Carol see extra revenue ?

Can't see anything positive now, we are heading down I feel unless we push the boat and bring in a manager who is proven and I don't feel we have any money .  You say we could have done without playing Orient, no matter who we played we would have lost, Carlisle have won one in about 14 that was against us, Fleetwood none in 15 before us, Cheltenham bottom when they played us, it does not matter who we play anymore.

Don’t forget Burton at home

5 minutes ago, osprey said:

We have one of the biggest pitches in the league and we don’t play with proper wingers- don’t understand why not 

If anything we need to shorten it.

Shorrock Debs and Wilson were blowing out of their backsides with lots of time still to play. 

2 minutes ago, osprey said:

We have one of the biggest pitches in the league and we don’t play with proper wingers- don’t understand why not 

The art of defence is to be very strong down the centre of the pitch. Then the art of attack is to stretch the play and especially on a long and wide pitch. So we ain't getting either right. 

Orient had 17 shots, 8 on target plus a crossbar and should have scored more than one. 

We had 7 shots with 3 on target. Did best near the end when overloading attacks. 

So our width is being provided by defenders or tonight an inexperienced young player out of position. We've got a very weak midfield who can't be played through. Attack is disconnected. Chislett is forced to try wonder dribbles from too far out. 

We are doing everything wrong. I agree the formation is a factor. If wing backs are to be used they have to be effective attackers and defenders. They're not. If we have 3 central defenders I expect us to be more secure not less. 

15 minutes ago, PVP said:

That performance was worst than Fleetwood.  There is a deep problem at our club. Is there no money left ?  Has the ambition gone ? Is the tail wagging the dog ?  There are a few uncontracted centre forwards out there with track records including Connor Wickham, and Gary Madine, maybe short term options because at the moment I dont see where a goal is coming from.  Either do something now or as much as I don't want to think about it we need to be league 2 ready.

As bad as it was it wasn’t worse than Fleetwood.  Orient, whilst no world beaters, are a better side in better form.  Fleetwood looked like a pub side.  We also showed a modicum of spirit tonight, something that was completely lacking on Saturday.

Manager just been sacked, possibility of dropping into relegation spot and they turn in a performance like that !! 😖😖

Spineless, gutless, no passion, no desire, no idea, sorry excuse of a performance.

I’m actually embarrassed to be a Vale fan tonight.

Loosing the will to go anymore.

Archived