onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Amidst the gloom.....

smithie

Take a look at the table and Fleetwood, Cheltenham & Carlisle need miracles to stay up. They've got to at least double their points totals with well under half their games left to play. All the trends suggest they won't do that. 

As for the 4th spot, everybody from Shrewsbury downwards is in the mix. We've got 2 games and 2 points in hand over Reading and 3 games in hand on the teams above us. 

Everything is in our own hands. Last season 46 points was enough to stay up. It could be even lower than that this season. 

I'm not pretending the situation is good BUT we're a long way from being in a hopeless position. 

A win on Tuesday however achieved would be a massive boost. Yesterday is done, let's look forward.

Advert

13 minutes ago, smithie said:

Take a look at the table and Fleetwood, Cheltenham & Carlisle need miracles to stay up. They've got to at least double their points totals with well under half their games left to play. All the trends suggest they won't do that. 

As for the 4th spot, everybody from Shrewsbury downwards is in the mix. We've got 2 games and 2 points in hand over Reading and 3 games in hand on the teams above us. 

Everything is in our own hands. Last season 46 points was enough to stay up. It could be even lower than that this season. 

I'm not pretending the situation is good BUT we're a long way from being in a hopeless position. 

A win on Tuesday however achieved would be a massive boost. Yesterday is done, let's look forward.

A positive and realistic post. However, I have my doubts without Arblaster, Garrity and Devine. Those games in hand may mean nothing if we perform as we have done in the last x2 games.

A win yesterday and I think that was one team who definitely won’t catch us. Problem is now we need get a better points tally in the games we have left than we have had in the previous same amount of games and that is with a weaker squad. Tall ask, but doable.

3 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

The bar is getting lower by the week.

It certainly is, and for the umpteenth season it feels like we're saying "Get to the end of the season and re-evaluate". 

We're missing Uche (for his overall presence and nuisance), Garrity (for his goals and commitment), Arblaster (for his quality) and Devine who was blossoming. Apart from Chizzy and maybe Wilson, it's hard to see where goals are coming from. 

The pragmatist in me would settle for going ultra-defensive and going home bored rigid but with a few draws added to the tally - but it's a risky strategy when we're so leaky in defence and lightweight up front. 

I'm afraid I'm clinging to hope as our saviour, but right now there ain't much more we can do. I'm not close enough to the club to know if we're skint/short of money/living within our means but it seems unlikely there'll be any change to the management or playing staff. 

A deflection off Loft's belly would do for me on Tuesday! 

1 hour ago, smithie said:

I don't think those clubs need a miracle - anyone beats anyone in this league - 2 or 3 scruffy wins in a row isn't beyond anyone, look at us at the start of the season!

I'm more worried about our own performances. We concede every week and barely create anything. It's a recipe for relegation.

There’s a lot of comments on here about Arblaster and Devine, these were still 2 players who were part and parcel of our poor run of form that’s seen us plummet down the table. 

Anyway a win Tuesday and we could be 5 points clear of the bottom 4 and everything will be rosy again 🤣

6 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

There’s a lot of comments on here about Arblaster and Devine, these were still 2 players who were part and parcel of our poor run of form that’s seen us plummet down the table. 

Anyway a win Tuesday and we could be 5 points clear of the bottom 4 and everything will be rosy again 🤣

Don't you think the worry is that we've been in such poor form WITH two players of that quality in the side?

We're considerably weaker now, we also don't have Garrity's goals and we need more points from the games we've got left.

I'm thinking we're more likely to go than not at the minute.

The ONLY thing I'm clinging to is hat the bookies disagree.

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

And now the squad is much worse. That’s why people are worried. If we were poor before, then Saturday was a view of what we are without them pulling our performances up. Add the loss of a striker who is arguably less s*** than loft, and our top scorer garitty.

1 minute ago, eh up nah said:

Don't you think the worry is that we've been in such poor form WITH two players of that quality in the side?

We're considerably weaker now, we also don't have Garrity's goals and we need more points from the games we've got left.

I'm thinking we're more likely to go than not at the minute.

The ONLY thing I'm clinging to is hat the bookies disagree.

Exactly my point even with all those players in the squad we’ve still plummeted to where we are now and it just highlights the lack of strength in depth that’s been assembled. 

3 or 4 wins from our remaining games probably sorts us out as we SHOULD get a few draws here and there.

I'm sick of saying that every year.

Think its been all but one year in about six now.

I'm also not confident in the slightest we can get those wins.

Yesterday was the one.

To get tonked at Fleetwood you've got to be awful.

Just now, PV1973 said:

Exactly my point even with all those players in the squad we’ve still plummeted to where we are now and it just highlights the lack of strength in depth that’s been assembled. 

Apologies, I read your comment as arblaster and devine being part of the issue and that they wouldn't help us if still here 

Archived