onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Poll: rate Port Vale's January transfer window

robf

Vote: rate Vale's January transfer window business  

141 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Port Vale did during the 2024 January transfer window?

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

The thing i'm most dissatisfied/disappointed with is not getting any strikers in at all, I thought we'd have at least one incoming, Uche is probably out for the rest of the season, so it's time for Loft to step up & hope to keep Willo fit, otherwise we are Donald Ducked

Advert

3 hours ago, 1 said:

Blaster > Gore

Devine > Weir

Balmer < Lopata

Thomas < Mighten

Biggest difference = loss of Blaster for Gore

That is my prediction.

Little bits of business that don't impact the first team = small +

No cover obvious areas = massive -

</> = huge loss overall

Not sure how you can compare the players so confidently to what we had. I voted the window very poor due to not getting a striker at the bare minimum but I can’t say if Gore won’t be better than arblaster etc and not sure you can either fairly. 

2 minutes ago, WV said:

Not sure how you can compare the players so confidently to what we had. I voted the window very poor due to not getting a striker at the bare minimum but I can’t say if Gore won’t be better than arblaster etc and not sure you can either fairly. 

All open to different perception I guess.

For me ( which means I'm judging solely on one game which is crackers ) Weir is nowhere near the level of Devine. 

We'll soon see. As we go with what we've got. 

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

All open to different perception I guess.

For me ( which means I'm judging solely on one game which is crackers ) Weir is nowhere near the level of Devine. 

We'll soon see. As we go with what we've got. 

I remember people saying Devine was crap in his first few games/months  too. 

Like most other Valiants, I just can't get my head around the lack of a forward acquisition. Even before Uche was injured it was blatantly obvious we needed up front numbers. To miss out then was bad enough but to not sign anyone after the injury is in my mind, incompetent. Time will tell, cross fingers for the moment.

4 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Now they’ve as good as confirmed that nobody else coming in there’s no way of giving it anything other than poor. Put the Rhys Williams one to one side as to be honest if he is a wrong’un its better to be shot now than have him ruin the dressing room over a longer time.

We went into this window needing a LWB and a forward and have ended up with neither. Don’t know where the blame lies whether it’s Carol / Flitcroft / both in equal measure but they’re playing fast and loose with our chances of staying up. Would like to be more positive but just can’t.

Playing fast and loose about sums it up. They are dicing with our future and I hope they have weighed up the odds very carefully because the costs of going back to L2 would be very heavy, taking us back to the bear pit that is L2. It's not just the forward situation, where we are woefully underpowered, but also in midfield where our central paring was just overwhelmed on its first outing. It's stretching credulity to its limits to think that one could be optimistic about the second half of the season. 3/10 for me, given we're still short of a decent forward and left wing back - our stated aims.

Judging by the non performance v Portsmouth and only adding 2 to the squad I'm.not really hopeful I'm.sure there good players in the own right 

We haven't strengthened judging by pompey performance ok they top of the league but it was a really abject display .

So I say it's a 4 out of 10 we needed it be a 7/8 to make sure we playing league 1 football next season 

We are in trouble. 

Unfortunately 

As Happy Clapper In Chief, have to say i'm disappointed.  

The 4 players bought in are there to replace those that have left recently; we cannot hide from the fact that we are very short in attacking options.  

Being generous - 5 out of 10

5 minutes ago, Osh said:

As Happy Clapper In Chief, have to say i'm disappointed.  

The 4 players bought in are there to replace those that have left recently; we cannot hide from the fact that we are very short in attacking options.  

Being generous - 5 out of 10

Yeah to be clear I’ve got no issue with any of the four brought in. Gore had a bit of a welcome to men’s football moment Saturday but I think he will be better for it going forward.

Whoever that was they tried to get over the line last night I don’t hold that against them as moves collapse more than we could probably ever know for many reasons. What I’m struggling to reconcile and why I am frustrated is why we didn’t have a backup plan on loan given the way we’ve been spending the last month saying how desirable a place we are to loan players to now.

"How do you think Port Vale did during the 2024 January transfer window?"

I cba editing a screenshot of that Vale tweet this morning about only signing 4 in January onto the tv, so just pretend it's there to get my answer.

20 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

There has been a lot of "I wish we'd have signed him" this January looking at the business of other similar sized/smaller clubs.

That's been very frustrating for me.

I am deeply shocked at the complete lack of signings when we desperately needed a striker with ikpaezo and Garrety injured as well as Ojo it is clear to me that the club is in financial problems with Williams returning to Liverpool and in my opinion Gore not strong enough and mMassey having his one good game against Charlton and being very average against Portsmouth that leaves Loft who has scored one goal all season and Wilson up front and loan signings only improve the player for the loan side and why have we sold a player to Burnley now and not until the end of the season and a player like McDermott could have kept us up but sadly, without investment which the owners have dismissed we are only heading in one direction and I publicly thank the new owners for purchasing the club. and Dwite Gail who has been released by stoke would have helped but it’s too late now but he is still a free agent 

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

I am deeply shocked at the complete lack of signings when we desperately needed a striker with ikpaezo and Garrety injured as well as Ojo it is clear to me that the club is in financial problems with Williams returning to Liverpool and in my opinion Gore not strong enough and mMassey having his one good game against Charlton and being very average against Portsmouth that leaves Loft who has scored one goal all season and Wilson up front and loan signings only improve the player for the loan side and why have we sold a player to Burnley now and not until the end of the season and a player like McDermott could have kept us up but sadly, without investment which the owners have dismissed we are only heading in one direction and I publicly thank the new owners for purchasing the club. and Dwite Gail who has been released by stoke would have helped but it’s too late now but he is still a free agent 

Seriously think Gail will go from £40,000 a week to £2000 at the Vale?

Archived