onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

7 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I don't think they handled it well......How was he allowed on the pitch in the first place ? 

Have you been to a game lately?  If someone wants to get onto the pitch they can do so quite easily.  There are usually just a few stewards, most of whom look less than bothered, and no cops to act as a deterrent.  I could literally saunter onto the pitch at most grounds and most likely the fans and players would notice before the stewards.

Advert

9 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

We are nearing the trapdoor. Once again a poor January window, we desperately need investment to fund a couple of decent players 

Or one win away from midtable. Like Exeter and Shrewsbury at 3 o'clock.

12 minutes ago, Doha said:

He might be charged with a public order offence but I'm not sure "attempted to assault the referee" is something that actually happened, he didn't get near him.

Doha, I think just entering a football pitch, unless self incriminates . Take the fifth

8 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Have you been to a game lately?  If someone wants to get onto the pitch they can do so quite easily.  There are usually just a few stewards, most of whom look less than bothered, and no cops to act as a deterrent.  I could literally saunter onto the pitch at most grounds and most likely the fans and players would notice before the stewards.

Thats the point I'm making, he shouldn't be allowed to get on the pitch the stewards watch the game not the crowd.

15 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

One win away from mid table, if you bury your head in the sand, am afraid we are in free fall.

Not really freefall - won 2, drawn 2, lost 2 of last 6 league games before today. Lost to league leaders today. Rubbish game today.

Whatever happened with the pen and afterwards is irrelevant , we were <ovf censored>. Let that sink in to anyone's brain who thinks this is tolerable. They won every second ball, second challenge (if there was one) and a point for us would have been a travesty. Total rubbish from the top down . 

That was my first game at Vale Park since the Cheltenham debacle. Played a different type of crap in the respective games. Against Cheltenham it was all tippy tappy backwards and sideways slow motion possession football with no penetration. Today was reminiscent of 1980s Wimbledon route 1 football with Ripley launching the ball forward in the direction of Uche, Wilson or Loft who were beaten in the air 99%of the time by the Portsmouth Central defenders. Easy afternoon for them and the goalie could have sat in a deckchair all afternoon. If any representatives from Brighton or Man Utd attended they must be wondering why they loaned us Weir and Gore. The only experience they will have got from that is neck ache as they watched the ball sail continously 20 feet over their heads

Yes the ref and the liner on the Lorne St were awful but we got what we deserved. 

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

I don't think they handled it well......How was he allowed on the pitch in the first place ? 

If I wanted to get on the pitch during the game I could. They don't have the resources to stop a pitch invasion that occurs randomly. Why don't you give it a go? Either stewarding or invading?

Although Portsmouth were way the better team - we did stick at it well. We should have got a draw. I don't want to see us get battered but we showed resilience. It's a reason why I think we will stay up ok in the end. 

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

One win away from mid table, if you bury your head in the sand, am afraid we are in free fall.

Are the other 10 sides in pretty much the same position/ number of points / saying the same thing … are they all in ‘free fall ‘ as well .. 

50 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

It's the 27th of January and, unless there is significant transfers into the club over-the-next week, this transfer window will go down as the worst ever and see us relegated by mid-March! 🙈

😂 what absolute nonsense, have you supported this club for 3 years 

Archived