Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

Advert

Long ball forwards to pompey centre half that's all I saw 

Long ball football at its worst .

We were absolutely rubbish .

A 1 out of 10 for entertainment we either a 8 or 9 or a 1 today we were absolutely diabolical how they haven't scored more I do not know .

Waste of a afternoon again .

I've never understood folk who stop attending but I'm getting pushed to not do so .

We are a much better team than that why we turning in a lousy half hearted display when we playing top of the league .

League Cup quarter final aswell .

If the players cannot be bothered turn up why should the fans .

0 goal attempts at home on target

It's a total embarrassment. 

5 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Neither challenges were a foul

I think there's enough doubt about the penalty to accept the ref had to make a split-second decision and it's not a abhorrent disgrace that he got it wrong. My gut instinct watching the video is penalty but I'm not 100%

I can't tell if Grant touches the ball. Kamara definitely touches it wide a bit. We'd want if it it was the other way round.

Crosby thinks it was a pen. Think that suggests there's enough doubt at pitch level for it to be a tricky decision.

Chislett 100% clean challenge. Great tackle.

10 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

clubs a mess. lost our best 2 players . welcome back home to reality Robbie Williams.

It just feels like too much empathy has set in at the football club across the board to me #  The games in hand other posters have mentioned don't really mean a lot if you can't score and can't defend  .😒

25 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Jesus christ. Thank you. Finally a sensible post. My thoughts exactly, we went toe to toe with the league leaders with a decimated squad who are rusty and only lost a deserved point due to the Shere incompetence of a referee who started badly setting the tone with the softest of bookings after 10 minutes, and just got worse and worse as the game wore on. In the last 20 mins he may as well tossed a coin to make his decisions. It looked increasingly likely that 2 reasonably matched teams would be divided by the one goal and the referee would play a big part. Turned out to be exactly as it happened.

Toe to toe, are you for real, the meaning of that is to attack your opponent, what attacks did we have today, we tried to get a nil nil draw and were like a team playing against a side 2 leagues above us, why show them so much respect when they are bang out of form.  You say the soffest of bookings, 100% correct decision to book Chistlett early on, yes the ref made some bad decisions but that was not one and if that penalty decision was the other way round, people would have been saying the correct decision, glad no VAR in our leagues but seeing that again there is no way that decision would have been reversed.

Portsmouth are top of the league for a reason! They will go up. A real baptism of fire for our young lads. Disappointed yes downhearted no. We are not smart enough yet to adapt our play ! We keep doing the same things that don’t work

39 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Anyway amongst all the negativity. Myself included.

Here's a positive thought for next week for us all.

Fleetwood haven't won a game of football since November 11th. 

Would you say if we lose next week surely Crosby has to go

34 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Jesus christ. Thank you. Finally a sensible post. My thoughts exactly, we went toe to toe with the league leaders with a decimated squad who are rusty and only lost a deserved point due to the Shere incompetence of a referee who started badly setting the tone with the softest of bookings after 10 minutes, and just got worse and worse as the game wore on. In the last 20 mins he may as well tossed a coin to make his decisions. It looked increasingly likely that 2 reasonably matched teams would be divided by the one goal and the referee would play a big part. Turned out to be exactly as it happened.

Thank you Fuzzy.

I am a bit concerned as we have no goals in the team at present.

That's 1-0 home losses to Pompey,Derby,Borlton and Posh plus a 2-3 to Barnsley.

We have no MF and the 3 CBs are cumbersome at times.

A change of luck? Ojo to return? We were overrun at times but gritted it out and a point would have been massive today.

Fleetwood is a huge game and February is a big month where we need at least a couple of wins.

BTW that must be the worst top of the table team I've seen in a long time. A one man moanarse forward and 2 players either side who constantly went to ground 

I don’t think it was the decision of the penalty that upset me, it was the constant inconsistency of the referee’s performance which accumulated in the penalty decision.
1 Booking Chislett for a first foul then letting their players do similar tackles with no booking.

2 To allow their player drag Uche to the floor by the arm resulting in a dislocation is poor

3 To allow Joe Worrrall to dictate when fouls have been committed is showing some favouritism. Which he had shown from the first corner when Worrall sat on the floor until ref went over to him and then proceeded to tie his lace.

4 To give a penalty for a innocuous tackle after what looked like a blatant foul on Chislett poor

5 To allow their goalkeeper to fake injury and lie on the floor in injury again poor

6 For their goalkeeper celebrate in the way he did in front of the home supporters was nothing more than incitement, which have resulted in some real ugly scenes if the stewards had not acted in stopping supporters getting to him

And all this on top of the most ridiculous decision of the afternoon in our own so called Safety Officer closing the service road in front of the Railway Stand BEFORE the game and making all Vale supporters walk past Portsmouth supporters to get to the Hamil End or Railway Stand. What an absolutely ridiculous decision which was communicated so well by the club. 
From Thursday’s Forum - we must and will improve informing supporters of decisions that affect  them  !!! Oh dear failed TWO days later. 

Second best all game and got beat by the better team although horrible to lose that way at the end.

Ripley superb today, chiz ran his heart out and shorrock bright when he came on.

Uche injury bad news for us as he is so important I’m not confident in loft taking his role it’s worrying.

Gore had a real welcome to men’s football today prob had the shock of his life.

We need the likes of Garrity,Ojo, debrah back and a forward in else we could be in the <ovf censored>

I wasn’t happy at the time about the chiz foul but having watched the video it looks like a great tackle from the Portsmouth lad and Connor grant touched the ball first, no pen for me.

Sore neck today ball seemed to be in the air a lot.

50 minutes ago, Wozza4England said:

I’m not saying he was poorer than anyone else. IMO there were 5 others equally as poor as Ryan Loft but nobody worse. I’m not having this “put himself about a bit” as a defence for being totally devoid of ability. There are lads up the Knave who could wear a white shirt and put themselves about but no-one would condone paying them 2 or 3 grand per week or whatever he’s on.

The Knaves closed!

Archived