onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

Advert

Well I'm going to have to have a serious look at my 60 years of supporting the Vale. They'll still be my team but watching the owners and manager being so.passive about what's on the pitch is making me feel depressed.
That was another shocking display and ok we played top of the league but we had no plan at all. If they are going to continue with this style and no other then we are sunk.
I don't want my team to go down because we're a premier 2nd team. Most hate this in the cup comp and let's face it if these kids are good we're not going to keep them for a full season. If they're not good we'll get relegated.

8 minutes ago, Powerline said:

On a side note Portsmouth fans are a right load of weapons. Hardly surprising though coming from that <ovf censored> tip. Makes stoke look like Monaco.

Stoke looking like Monaco is an anology I'd never see in one sentence!

4 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

From the forum on Thursday I don't think anyone at the club is considering relegation. No permanent signings this window, no striker, but hey, we have a decent restaurant and youth team.

Make no mistake, we're in a relegation scrap.

My conclusion with the forum is that the club is taking huge risks on the immediate footballing future of the club, somehow without any recognition - or even acknowledgement - of where our current trajectory is taking us. Everything else will be fine of course but we can't expect to survive in L1 based on the level of spending and quality of recruitment we've seen to date. It's cut-throat, the survival of the fittest and we're going to be trampled in the fight for survival unless the club wakes up big time.

3 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

No you can play the system when you have got the players, unfortunately we do not.

Not sure what options there were. Wilson struggles after 60 minutes. We had 2 strikers on the pitch for 63 minutes. I like Dipepa's effort but he's not really league 1 ready. When he came on Shorrock did well.

4 minutes ago, southport vale said:

Well I'm going to have to have a serious look at my 60 years of supporting the Vale. They'll still be my team but watching the owners and manager being so.passive about what's on the pitch is making me feel depressed.
That was another shocking display and ok we played top of the league but we had no plan at all. If they are going to continue with this style and no other then we are sunk.
I don't want my team to go down because we're a premier 2nd team. Most hate this in the cup comp and let's face it if these kids are good we're not going to keep them for a full season. If they're not good we'll get relegated.

Crosby should not be manager of Vale 

What the hell is going on get him gone.

Relegation is looking nailed on here 

7 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Either way we lost and didn't look like winning in my opinion clutching at straws , Crosby is too negative 🥺

Crosby Saved the Ref's Life, Stopping the Fan Chasing him ! - Crosby didn't Hit one shot over the Bar ! Crosby Doesn't agree with Any of that Bad Refs Stupid decisions !

6 minutes ago, southport vale said:

Put it this way if Crosby is still at vale till end of season it's a miracle if we stay up 🙏

Here is what I witnessed.

Player drags Uche over on the edge of the box. No foul,no booking,dislocated shoulder for Uche.

18 drags Loft to the ground. No booking. Same player goes straight through Chislett from behind. Second bookable offence. Instead ball gets played to Kamara who dives over Grant. Ref gives the penalty and the points to a very average Pompey who celebrate like they have won the league against a decimated team who haven't played for 3 weeks.

No surprise that the ref went and hid by the Pompey bench. I'm sure he'll enjoy his trip home on the Pompey team coach.

One of the worst refs I've seen

Vale were poor today but it is not the job of the referee to ensure that the better side wins. He was an absolute disgrace with that penalty award. That is the fourth one they’ve had against us in the last three games and to be perfectly honest, only one was a pen in my opinion.

The lad who ran on the pitch was an idiot. He will cost the Vale money because we will be fined for letting one fan on the pitch whereas Reading got no punishment for letting a thousand on. 

They were the better side, no doubt, but I actually thought we battled today.

To lose in that manner is outrageous.  The decision to not give the free kick on chislett was absolutely disgusting.  It is right up there with the absolute worst I've seen live.  

The guy that went for the ref, I really hope he doesn't get a lifetime ban.  Obviously something will happen but my god, I'm struggling to completely condemn it.

Archived