onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

23 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Players were out there, we just didn’t get them in. Cambridge also went and signed a full back in Gibbo who by the looks of it played left wing back for them this last few games. Another position we needed strengthening in.

Charlton signed Kuzenga Lua Lua on 15th March. There were still players we could have brought in, even since Moore came in. We just don’t seem to want to do all we can to stay up. It all comes down to money. 

• Like 3

Advert

23 hours ago, Doha said:

Ultimately it would the club's fault for failing to make adequate Jan signings.

Every bugger else managed it. Cambridge have 9 strikers. Just beat Barnsley and Wigan away over 3 days to move clear. Our dysfunctional relationship with strikers failed to be rectified and the ramifications are imminent.

Trying to spin it in summer 23 when we ballsed up that window too with "we'll get goals from midfield instead" was a load of utter <ovf censored> <ovf censored>.

Quite how David Flitcroft - David <ovf censored> Flitcroft! - thought he'd stumbled upon some kind of cheat mode for squad assembly is beyond my understanding. 

Away from the argument of whether he should have stayed or not, what an amazing job Darrell Clarke has done at Cheltenham!

He's got ten wins from 32 games in charge. That's after taking over a side which had played eleven games and had a record of one draw and ten losses. He took over in October, two months before the window opened, so he had to initially work with the players he had - he's done a magnificent job in my opinion. 

In an ideal world, it would be great if Clarke's Cheltenham and Vale both stayed up and Martin Paterson's Burton went down...

However, sadly it looks like only one of Vale, Cheltenham and Burton to stay up.

5 minutes ago, robf said:

what an amazing job Darrell Clarke has done at Cheltenham!

He's got ten wins from 32 games in charge. That's after taking over a side which had played eleven games and had a record of one draw and ten losses. He took over in October, two months before the window opened, so he had to initially work with the players he had - he's done a magnificent job in my opinion.

🙂

On 04/02/2024 at 07:42, Rampant Zebra said:

Flitcroft is to blame for me. He paid for Clarke to come and wreck the place like he did with Bristol Rovers and Walsall before and is now doing at Cheltenham. We spent 5 years money in 4 years pandering to his narcissism. 

On 20/12/2023 at 09:21, Rampant Zebra said:

It wasn't a veiled dig at Clarke, I make no secret of the fact that I think he is a mediocre manager at this level.  Hard work and game management gets you a long way in non league and League 2 but he is showing his inability at this level at Cheltenham. Obviously it won't be his fault when they get relegated but he will decimate their squad in January but not turn it around.

Edited by Doha

As each game gets ticked off its clear that this will go right to the wire. !

Burton look really poor, Cheltenham do have an easier run in and the bookies still have us finishing in the bottom 4.

Only 3 weeks to go.....

• Like 1

Burton look really poor, Cheltenham do have an easier run in and the bookies still have us finishing in the bottom 4.
Only 3 weeks to go.....

Defence tightened in March. April is reliant on improving attack contribution. I can only see that from Dipepa.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

49 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Only 3 weeks to go.....

Only 3 weeks to go.....

yesterday’s result was important to get us out of the  bottom four but the next few games are even more important Peterborough away is a tough match whilst Fleetwood have Blackpool and Cheltenham have Carlisle away who I personally think are already beyond staying up burton are at Stevenage and the following week burton play Cheltenham at home but our home matches against Exeter, Wycombe and Cambridge are the important games as we still have Bolton away yet; I have a degree of optimism but we need a goal scorer and two from loft just isn’t enough in my opinion 

b

6 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

a difficult game on Tuesday at Peterborough whilst Cheltenham have Carlisle await and Fleetwood have Blackpool away and Burton have Stevenage and still have Cheltenham to come and we have big home games against Exeter Wycombe and Cambridge to come and we still have to go to Bolton  and need to find more goals to survive 

6 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

31 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Defence tightened in March. April is reliant on improving attack contribution. I can only see that from Dipepa.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Ahhhhh, but you are forgetting our returning agent of chaos - three questions need to be answered

Does Uche know what he is going to do

Does the opposition know what Uche is going to do

Does anyone know what Uche is going to do

Three NO answers = the X factor

I vote no to each of the above 😍😍😍😍😍

• Like 1

On 03/04/2024 at 13:10, TJHValiant said:

Charlton signed Kuzenga Lua Lua on 15th March. There were still players we could have brought in, even since Moore came in. We just don’t seem to want to do all we can to stay up. It all comes down to money. 

Pay peanuts get monkeys... Most business do it and we have a woman who runs a business for profit and is running the club the same... At all costs