onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

19 hours ago, smithie said:

They could and should have cleared the pitch. For reasons unknown they chose not to. They literally let the Reading fans freely run onto the pitch. Everyone knew it was going to happen so it's inconceivable the club and police didn't. This was a few hundred fed-up Reading fans, NOT 5000 hooligans intent on disorder.

The police have failed Reading and Vale today. They were absolutely useless and it begs the question...what exactly was the point of them being there? 

Agreed!

This is what pissed me off the most! I get they couldn’t stop the lot getting on. But a protest? Please.

It was obvious from the start, that there were maybe 50-100 set on the cause. The rest where teens giving it large, seeing their opportunity to get on the pitch. 
There were small children playing all over the pitch, like it was a Sunday lunch in the park.

At the end, the 20-30 set on the cause remained, vastly outnumbered by stewards. But they chose to just stand there, hands in pockets, chit chatting with them. Shambolic that was! Even the lads in the corner where they all came from, where chanting ‘off off off’, so in reality it was 20-30 knobheads that got to ruin in for the very very vast majority.

Oh, and another thing: could people on twitter PLEASE stop stating “I speak for all Vale supporters when I say…”. No you bloody well don’t! 
And don’t ride your high horse, calling fellow Vale fans “embarrasing” and worse, because they don’t support getting the game abandoned. 

Advert

24 minutes ago, steauavaliant said:

My point is that it stopped Reading playing a football match and thousands of fans their right to recieve/enjoy that to which they were entitled. Read the Law.

If your point is that the Police should have done more yesterday then yes, they should have…they were useless.

If your point is the Government have stopped all protests which your original comment stated then you are wrong but yesterday does go against what the Government deems as a peaceful none destructive protest.

24 minutes ago, steauavaliant said:

My point is that it stopped Reading playing a football match and thousands of fans their right to recieve/enjoy that to which they were entitled. Read the Law.

Do not protests require prior permission and agreement from the police? Or does that not apply on private property?

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Clip from their forum.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Clip from their forum.

charming young man, and we dont really give a ==== for you and your lot!!!!😝

For the record I do think it was handled terribly (including the antagonistic announcements), Vale fans who went should be reimbursed for their travel, ticket etc, and we should be given the points. But had police and stewards started to physically force people off the pitch I really don't think it would have turned out well. That's why I lay blame with the Reading ownership and the Efl for letting it get to this state. 

I also think the point was made after about half an hour or so and as did many Reading fans who then left the field. 

3 minutes ago, ginge said:

For the record I do think it was handled terribly (including the antagonistic announcements), Vale fans who went should be reimbursed for their travel, ticket etc, and we should be given the points. But had police and stewards started to physically force people off the pitch I really don't think it would have turned out well. That's why I lay blame with the Reading ownership and the Efl for letting it get to this state. 

I also think the point was made after about half an hour or so and as did many Reading fans who then left the field. 

I've (almost) said enough on this - but if the police weren't going to act, there was no point them being there. 

I'd like to see how that nonsense yesterday would be treated by police in some other countries.   

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Its easiest enough to get refunds for train travel and hotels

Really? With non-refundable deals on train tickets and hotels? 

You'll have to talk me through that one. 

5 minutes ago, smithie said:

I've (almost) said enough on this - but if the police weren't going to act, there was no point them being there. 

I'd like to see how that nonsense yesterday would be treated by police in some other countries.   

I think the police and stewards did the best thing they could have done from their point of view. They gave nobody any chance to complain about being treated badly and the fans have made themselves look in the wrong with the people who make the decisions. Massive own goal. 

18 minutes ago, smithie said:

If you walk behind the Bycars/railway at the end of the game groups of Vale and away fans often come into contact and words exchanged between fans. The police tend to stay out of it but if a fight broke out they would intervene. I imagine they are acting on what is safest for everyone without trying to put fuel on the fire. 

49 minutes ago, ginge said:

If you walk behind the Bycars/railway at the end of the game groups of Vale and away fans often come into contact and words exchanged between fans. The police tend to stay out of it but if a fight broke out they would intervene. I imagine they are acting on what is safest for everyone without trying to put fuel on the fire. 

This was the most middle-class pitch invasion I've ever seen. I'm sure I saw a Marks & Spencer picnic hamper in the centre circle. Absolute farce from the Thames Valley Police.    

This was the most middle-class pitch invasion I've ever seen. I'm sure I saw a Marks & Spencer picnic hamper in the centre circle. Absolute farce from the Thames Valley Police.    
I must admit, I didn't think Reading had it in them. They must be the dullest club in existence.

Archived