onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

3 minutes ago, smithie said:

Let's assume that Reading FC know where previous protests (tennis balls) have come from. Let's assume it's reasonable to think any further action would most likely come from those areas. 

With that in mind, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect them to concentrate stewards in that area? To work with the police in attendance to pre-empt the disruption? 

I guess we've got different expectations of the police and stewards. 

There aren’t enough police to stop crime on the streets ,

I don’t think they can fill a league 1 ground with cops incase some fans with tennis balls in their pockets want to stop a game peacefully. 

the club have the obligation to keep people off the pitch , pay for more stewards / extra police 

they didn’t clearly 

Advert

8 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

There aren’t enough police to stop crime on the streets ,

I don’t think they can fill a league 1 ground with cops incase some fans with tennis balls in their pockets want to stop a game peacefully. 

the club have the obligation to keep people off the pitch , pay for more stewards / extra police 

they didn’t clearly 

It was clear that today was going to be more than tennis balls. Mob rule won today - and that would be understandable if there were hundreds of hooligans. There weren't, and yet the police allowed disruption to take place. They failed both clubs today.  

24 minutes ago, Osh said:

Rubbish. We helped Fulham when they had their sit down protest in the centre circle. 

The Reading fans have made many protests and not been listened to. While it's a pain in the arse today I fully support them. 

Don't tell me it's rubbish osh ,When a lot of money has been spent on a match ticket and to  travel down to reading to watch a match and it's called off due to fans not protesting in the tight manner ,you haven't got a clue have you , get a grip. 

If we were awarded 3 points today we would be happy

. Reading will probably be relegated without points deduction if as has been mentioned they sell there better players this month to get money into the club which will help to pay wages. So a points deduction will not be as big a detriment to the club as it could be and their fans know this, which is why they were prepared to do something as drastic as they did today to help get rid of an obnoxious owner. Certainly just throwing tennis balls on the pitch wasn't having an effect.

Now back to us being awarded three points. Would we be that much better off by the end of the season Reading fans have already said that they will do the same over the rest of the season, which by precedent will mean three points to all the clubs they play for the rest of the season.

This will make a mockery of the league, so there is only one course of action and that is to play the game at a later date behind closed doors. All points should be earned on the field of play.

5 minutes ago, smithie said:

It was clear that today was going to be more than tennis balls. Mob rule won today - and that would be understandable if there were hundreds of hooligans. There weren't, and yet the police allowed disruption to take place. They failed both clubs today.  

I think you answered your own argument (disruption) not hooligans. 

so clubs job to sort not Police 

56 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

I think team and club members means players and officials (like the Turkish president who ran on the pitch to assault the ref).  Fans are neither, so I don't think we'll get three points unfortunately. 

Does that mean membership schemes are meaningless eg Vale’s 1876 Members and season ticket holders

From Man Utd season ticket Ts&Cs for last season (taken from internet):

Following the purchase of a Season Ticket, a Ticket Holder shall also be considered to be a “Member” for the purposes of the Club's 'Official Membership' scheme

The whole point is that the club knew this was going to happen. Reading fans were talking about it in the week before the match. All the tennis balls came from the same area of the pitch yet absolutely no attempt was made to prevent access to the pitch from that area. They had nets there which had been used in the pre-match kick off which could have been put there but were just laid down on the ground. The club deserve condemnation for their inaction. That area of the ground should be closed for future games. And Vale should be given all the points which the EFL deducts from Reading!

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

The whole point is that the club knew this was going to happen. Reading fans were talking about it in the week before the match. All the tennis balls came from the same area of the pitch yet absolutely no attempt was made to prevent access to the pitch from that area. They had nets there which had been used in the pre-match kick off which could have been put there but were just laid down on the ground. The club deserve condemnation for their inaction. That area of the ground should be closed for future games. And Vale should be given all the points which the EFL deducts from Reading!

Quite right.

They knew about it.

We've been in protest situations at Vale and I've personally taken part in those.

But we never stopped a game!

Two clubs take part in football matches and fans from the opposition should be respected.

They have clearly showed no regard for those that travelled to support us today.

We should be awarded the points absolutely no doubt about it.

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I was talking to one of their fans after the game and he was as pissed off with their fans as we were. He said that they forget the owner has put millions on the club in recent years. 

I agree. He has but no longer wants to. That’s it. Smurfwaite meanwhile threatened to actually wind the club up, openly goaded fans and actively tried to destroy the club. Totally different in my view. 

12 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Pretty much exactly what I've said. Absolute shambles from Reading, stewards and police today. 

I was talking to one of their fans after the game and he was as pissed off with their fans as we were. He said that they forget the owner has put millions on the club in recent years. 
They were 90 mins off the premiership under these owners if I remember rightly. If I have then, all the debt getting under control would've hinged on them getting promoted etc.
They have still put millions and millions in tho in the meantime

Archived