onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

3 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Feel for fans but Reading are dreadfully run. They had Andy Carroll on the books last time we played them. That’s insane to be paying him post relegation. 

And just remember how Nathan Smith had him in his pocket... Nathan is a complete centre half and nothing else, put him where he belongs and stop messing around! 

Advert

4 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Anyone know if any tickets available from Reading on the day, just had a phone call from a friend in London who has decided he would like to go now, can see none available on the Vale site.  Also anyone recommend anywhere to park.

Not sure if available on the day or not, might be worth ringing up reading’s ticket office in the morning to see what they say. Parking has been a right ballache. It’s not near any street parking, saw a few reviews online where people said they had a mare finding somewhere and ended up paying a tenner. So I decided to pay in advance for one of readings car parks for 8 quid, which made me create an account and everything. Nightmare, and absolute rip off.

Well what a terrific following .

Hope we play as well as we did first home game  defending and last week attack as we did do with a fair amount of quality .

Team well at a guess it's same as last week bar Icavetti for Debrah .

Not going criticise Smith this week felt he had a good game going forwards last week .

Think Weir comes on at some point I'd like see 2 things today .

Uche score and T sang too I really thought he did a pretty good job in midfield last week OK maybe at fault along with Alfie for there second goal but kept going well afterwards as we turned the screw on them .

Like him good player Massey needs to maintain last week and Wigan performance levels .

UTV 

15 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Anyone know if any tickets available from Reading on the day, just had a phone call from a friend in London who has decided he would like to go now, can see none available on the Vale site.  Also anyone recommend anywhere to park.

Just checked with the ticket office for myself and you can pay on the day. 

Pivotal game today. Have to win as a statement. Will Reading be fired up by the protests or freaked out?
2/1 Vale.
I seen big Uche during the week and he was buzzing from his goal and man of the match and said it had done his confidence the world of good and the supporters had been immense for him over the last few weeks.
Funny the difference getting behind the lads makes as oppose to griefing them.
UTV

14 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

I fail to see what that will achieve?

He talks about selling their best players will surely get them relegated. But getting games abandoned will surely see them get a giant points deduction and thereby get them relegated. 

Relegation is the least of their worries. They're looking beyond that. Protesting is one of the only options they have as fans. They're desperate, so in their shoes I think we'd be doing similar. I don't know a great deal about their situation but from what I can gather, the existence of the club is on the line. A pitch invasion will bring a bit more attention their way, which will be an aim, but they're probably that desperate and powerless that they're doing all that they can.

Completely sympathise with them. Obviously we need 3 points and if abandoned feel sorry for our fans that have paid a lot of money to go there. But they'll not be put off by that given how close they are to losing their club.

Just about to set off to catch the train. Can't wait. 

Stuck a tenner on Vale to win, and a fiver on Stjoke to loose. 

I'm going 0-2 to Vale and keep a clean sheet. Chis and Loft to score. 

Can someone enlighten me on why the Reading fans are protesting against the owner? Like what's he done?

Is he someone from the Smurthwaite playbook - ie buy the club with no intention of improving it, sell any half decent players, everything done on the cheap etc?

Archived