onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

2 minutes ago, Osh said:

Not cheap is it...??  I've just got it down sub-£40. 

No mate you could have a nice weekend away somewhere decent. But it's what we do isn't it. Footy fans are bonkers really. 

Upwards of 150 quid to probably freeze me taters off in the hope of 3 points. 

Advert

Weirdly the cheaper block of tickets, having shown as sold out from Thursday onwards has today showed 40 or 50 tickets available.

I wonder how many, like my group, have bought the more expensive block because it was the only option but seemingly needlessly?

19 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Weirdly the cheaper block of tickets, having shown as sold out from Thursday onwards has today showed 40 or 50 tickets available.

I wonder how many, like my group, have bought the more expensive block because it was the only option but seemingly needlessly?

I would assume this is Reading releasing tickets to maximise their income - gouging B’Staads.  Hope those in charge don’t treat their own fans similarly (suspect they do judging by their protests this season) their owner deserves every sanction he gets.  I’d certainly be throwing more than tennis balls onto the pitch.

This is a very big game. Reading are 4th bottom in the last relegation place. We are 7 points above them after 25 games each. Win and we are 10 points above them with 20 games left. That's a lot to catch up. But lose and we are only 4 points above them which is surmountable within a few games. 

We have goals in the team going forward. We need to defend better. We need to be resilient in the last 20 mins in particular. 

Don't start unfit players who breakdown!!!!

11 hours ago, darren1810 said:

No mate you could have a nice weekend away somewhere decent. But it's what we do isn't it. Footy fans are bonkers really. 

Upwards of 150 quid to probably freeze me taters off in the hope of 3 points. 

You can have a pie with concrete pastry. Surely that's worth it?

On 09/01/2024 at 22:17, Birches Head Fred said:

Let's hope for a clean sheet and go from there.
I guess we are REALLY down to bare bones and Reading are not as bad as some think.
Head says 1-1
Heart says 0-2
UTV, see you there.

I can't see a clean sheet our defence has more holes in it than a cheese greater.

Even if we lose tomorrow, I've decided there'll be no more manager out shouts from me until the end of the season. I don't like some of his ways, which I've made clear, but I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt based on the fact that he clearly wants to do well for the club, and anybody would be a numpty to not want him to do well if you're a Vale fan. He's learning as he goes along and hopefully we can have a more consistent second half of the season where we put a decent run or two together.

We still have a pretty strong looking best 11 if we can get everyone fit. Much better on paper than in previous years. As long as we see progress bit by bit, and we're also entertained as that's what football should be, that's all anyone can ask from a manager and a club that obviously doesn't have pots full of cash.

40 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Even if we lose tomorrow, I've decided there'll be no more manager out shouts from me until the end of the season. I don't like some of his ways, which I've made clear, but I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt based on the fact that he clearly wants to do well for the club, and anybody would be a numpty to not want him to do well if you're a Vale fan. He's learning as he goes along and hopefully we can have a more consistent second half of the season where we put a decent run or two together.

We still have a pretty strong looking best 11 if we can get everyone fit. Much better on paper than in previous years. As long as we see progress bit by bit, and we're also entertained as that's what football should be, that's all anyone can ask from a manager and a club that obviously doesn't have pots full of cash.

If he can have us in the steady form since early December I would be happy, 3 wins, 2 draws in the last 7, keep that going until May we will have a steady but comfortable end to the season, has us finish on around 63 points and scoring goals like we have.

8 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

If he can have us in the steady form since early December I would be happy, 3 wins, 2 draws in the last 7, keep that going until May we will have a steady but comfortable end to the season, has us finish on around 63 points and scoring goals like we have.

I'm just happy to see us focusing less on keeping the ball for the sake of it and getting it forward much quicker. It makes sense if you're playing Uche up top, and doesn't mean you have to be long ball merchants. Just mix it up a bit. Little point trying to out football better teams than ourselves as we've tried this season until we have more players who are comfortable doing that, especially in defence.

Archived