onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Let's say Carol gets rid. Goes back to the 'old' way and appoints a new manager off her own back who then sees a clear out in the summer and brings in his own players. We then go down. Only person to blame then is Carol, as we seem to love holding someone to account. Would you be moving for Carol to be removed/sell up then?

DF got promotion in his first full season and appointed DC.

We stayed up last season.

This season is the first where I think it's justified to say we've underperformed to any great degree.

Some people have very short memories.

I don't think short memories have anything to do with it, its about belonging to a football club who offer hope and the odd bit of excitement. Whilst I'm happy we achieved promotion, I am not happy with now becoming a fan of Stagnant FC, just content to wallow in 18th place with no strikers or anything else to get me off my seat. 

I really do ask myself the question, have the Shanahan's taken us as far as they can? Is it now time for a dignified departure before it turns sour for everyone?

There is now a massive pressure on our returning injured players, for they are the only ones that I can see being able to haul us to safety. The January transfer windows, this season and last have been disastrous and we are just about sick of it.

The official response from the club following the failure to sign the striker and wing back that they and us both knew we needed was something along the lines of "That concludes the business and see you at Fleetwood in front of a full away end". I found it condescending and presumptive then and do more so now. If those Fleetwood tickets only became available the day after the window closed I don't know how many we would have sold.

Instead of going all doe eyed over Robbie Williams, Carol should be looking to deliver what the true week in week out fans need at The Vale, the odd good cup run, a decent striker and a comfortable place to pi55, for starters.  

It will be interesting to see who the next manager is. In our current position we need somebody who is going to be pragmatic rather than idealistic (although I think we all know who’s to blame there) and who is capable of squeezing every last bead of sweat out of them.

John Eustace had Brum on a good run - would he come?

Joey Barton is just an absolute weapon so a definite no-no……..

My guess??? It is a bit left-field….. but Steve Evans. You heard it here first.

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

It will be interesting to see who the next manager is. In our current position we need somebody who is going to be pragmatic rather than idealistic (although I think we all know who’s to blame there) and who is capable of squeezing every last bead of sweat out of them.

John Eustace had Brum on a good run - would he come?

Joey Barton is just an absolute weapon so a definite no-no……..

My guess??? It is a bit left-field….. but Steve Evans. You heard it here first.

He isn’t leaving Stevenage for us and we won’t pay compo anyway. 

Archived