onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

2 hours ago, Valiiant said:

I just don't bury my head in sand and pretend that everything is sure to work out. I call things how I see it, be it praise or criticism. While there's no disaster happening at the club, or even close, there's certainly a lot of things that need improving and questioning.

A football club were things need improving?  Can't be many of those around.

Advert

100% correct . They tender to gloss over the fact he was popped up at work , not running training session, terrible run of form and D.C. had lost the dressing room.No club will take that and he topped it off by telling players in pubic there time at vale was over . I love DC promotion season but last year he was a liability.

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

A guy rang P&G last night saying that a number of Vale fans are against Crosby simply because he's not Darrell Clarke.  He's right.  I could name a few who fall into that category.

23 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

A football club were things need improving?  Can't be many of those around.

Yes. But I'm sure they don't have forums where so many people moan when you're asking questions.

The club ethos that was sold at the start of the season, apparently enabled us to secure Premier League players on loan, the playing style has obviously changed in recent weeks, getting the ball forward quicker including scoring more goals and our playing record has slightly improved, does that mean the loan market is now a reduced market no more Premier League or does it mean the club ethos was a load of bull and just an ego trip ?

27 minutes ago, blackdog said:

The club ethos that was sold at the start of the season, apparently enabled us to secure Premier League players on loan, the playing style has obviously changed in recent weeks, getting the ball forward quicker including scoring more goals and our playing record has slightly improved, does that mean the loan market is now a reduced market no more Premier League or does it mean the club ethos was a load of bull and just an ego trip ?

I’m sure things can adapt and philosophies do not have to be rigid within any football club that is trying to be successful. 

The style of football the vale played yesterday was top drawer, I really enjoyed the attacking intent , the mistakes at the back were on the players and not the manager he can't do nowt about players losing concentration at key moments in a game anyway KTF AND UTV  . 

46 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

The style of football the vale played yesterday was top drawer, I really enjoyed the attacking intent , the mistakes at the back were on the players and not the manager he can't do nowt about players losing concentration at key moments in a game anyway KTF AND UTV  . 

The manager selected Debrah who was clearly not fit. He's also the one that often plays Smith in a position he's not comfortable at all.

4 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

100% correct . They tender to gloss over the fact he was popped up at work , not running training session, terrible run of form and D.C. had lost the dressing room.No club will take that and he topped it off by telling players in pubic there time at vale was over . I love DC promotion season but last year he was a liability.

Maybe something tragic happened in his private life that caused him to act out of character? Show a little empathy?

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

A guy rang P&G last night saying that a number of Vale fans are against Crosby simply because he's not Darrell Clarke.  He's right.  I could name a few who fall into that category.

Not sure about that. Hindsight is wonderful and maybe we’d have still survived last season, but with DC we went on a Askey-style run where we couldn’t see where the next point was coming from, so I had no issues with CS acting. I also had no issue with AC taking over temporarily & then permanently. I even managed to see beyond the horrific start at Barnsley although when you look back, the writing seemed to be on the wall. But I had started to question tactics and approach to games before the absolutely pathetic Middlesbrough showing (one of the biggest games in our history) and that really did for me. I feel with AC we’ve always that a really bad half in us, whether it’s Barnsley (in both games), Reading, Bolton, Lincoln, Carlisle (a), and then Derby & Boro (both halves). And that can only be down to the instructions given by the management IMO.

On 07/01/2024 at 17:42, blackdog said:

Time will tell on that score but my own opinion is that with the players currently available it’s been somewhat forced on us to go more direct.  We’ve lost both Ojo and Arblaster, two very good technical players in our midfield, which with the injury to Garrity is now a bit threadbare, we’ve also got Uche up to something like full fitness and looking a real handful, so it makes a lot of sense to play less through midfield and look to hit Uche.  Maybe if we sign a midfielder or two in January we will see a return to the possession based style, which seems to be favoured by so many teams these days.

23 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

No

Poor comment that, imo. It's  a human being were talking about,  who had suffered an unimaginable tragedy.   Hardly surprising IF he went off the rails.  Especially with him spending a lot of time alone up here whilst his family were down south.  

Only my opinion,  you may know things I don't,  I suppose 

Archived