onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

3 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Wasn't the 'error' again Boro due to Ripleys ball into him though?  The error that cost a goal vs Wigan down to poor chest control.  Yak is constantly getting caught coming inside leaving his man free at the far post.  He was very slow to react to the runner for their 1st goal yesterday too.

Not a great ball but Balmer should deal with it easily. Certainly shouldn’t have been brushed aside as easily as he was.

• Like 1

Advert

Enjoy the game decided its best to give it a miss with starting work at 22.00 I'd go in a hr later but last time i lost my fit bit was generally all over the shop all night as titsed off all night while working after Stevenage giveaway .

Hope we play both halfs like second half tues .

Would it be too much win 

I think not but hope they do 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

Surely Dan Jones is close to getting back to fitness soon? Seems he’s been out for about 90% of the season (that’s just a figure plucked off the top of my head and not saying it’s in any way accurate). Needs to get back out there soon and justify that new contract which I’ll be honest was sceptical of giving to him when he did for all the talk about Willo’s availability.

Edited by Guppys left peg

Important match on Friday v Blackpool, this is a game VALE  can WIN with right approach and self belief. Blackpool are a really good side at home but on their travels are lacking in confidence. Last two away league games defeated 2-1 at Cambridge and suprisingly 1-0 on Boxing Day at Burton. Where according to Blackpool fans forum their team were extremely poor and deserved to lose.

Just like at Vale with the Crosby OUT situation the same applies to Blackpool where the majority of fans dislike the style of playadopted by Neil Critchley and their poor away record. It surprises me that many Blackpool fans want their manager sacked. As certainly in most home matches Blackpool score alot of goals.

I only attend a small amount of Vale matches per season due to refereeing commitments and missed the Barnsley defeat for that reason. But will attend Friday night's match hoping for a Vale victory.

I completely agree with most Vale fans that Nathan Smith needs to be recalled to the starting line up to gain stability in the back four and YES the style of play under Andy Crosby is very thrustrating. By as I always appear to see Vale win so few times in any season. I am not bothered as long as Vale secure three points.

Staying in League One is paramount. There are some very decent young players coming through from the youth ranks at this club which is highly commendable and YES in the January transfer window, Vale need to sign a few experienced players including a striker to cement their place in League One for season 2024/25.

Surely nothing can be as bad as after XMAS 2022 season virtually through to the conclusion of the season 2023, with so few victories.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 1 said:

Smith must come back in and play in the centre. Debrah has been ok overall and Yak is getting back to full fitness. I think sticking with these 3 as CBs is the way to go. Move Lowe into a holding CM role until Ojo comes back. 

Lowe has been far better than smith and yak over the last few months. People were calling for smith before the Wycombe match and when he came back he was was really poor. Yak hasnt been good enough either, though smith doesnt look capable of playing on the left of a three.

THe most important thing is that loft doesn’t start and hopefully Wilson does (and if not Wilson, put garitty up there and play one of the young lads who came on the other day). If loft starts again, im going home. 

10 hours ago, 1 said:

Smith must come back in and play in the centre. Debrah has been ok overall and Yak is getting back to full fitness. I think sticking with these 3 as CBs is the way to go. Move Lowe into a holding CM role until Ojo comes back. 

Agree with your back 3 but don’t like Lowe in midfield- so he sits this one out.  I think he has been poor recently.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Surely Dan Jones is close to getting back to fitness soon? Seems he’s been out for about 90% of the season (that’s just a figure plucked off the top of my head and not saying it’s in any way accurate). Needs to get back out there soon and justify that new contract which I’ll be honest was sceptical of giving to him when he did for all the talk about Willo’s availability.

Been bombed out! Clear to see 

4 minutes ago, RPH-KV said:

One or two “gone missing” lately; Cass Conlon Jones 

Looking like they'll be shipped out in january, don't understand Cass & Jones tbh. Yes they aren't great but none of the defenders have been great barring lowe & debrah who've done alright at times at best. Yaks not the same player since returning from injury. If it was a few are going they must have some replacements lined up as we're thin enough as it is 

Edited by Vtid

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

He’d have been better off letting it go out for a throw.

With hindsight he probably shoild've but in general if the balls played to you you'd try to do something with it.  Imagine if he had just let it roll out, he'd have been hammered by the fans.

I'd like to get Smith back in playing centre, Debrah right and Balmer left currently and then stop chopping and changing every week.  They may have a few errors in them but hopefully with a consistant line up it would lead to better understanding and overall better performances.

• Like 1

Just now, NellyTheValiant said:

With hindsight he probably shoild've but in general if the balls played to you you'd try to do something with it.  Imagine if he had just let it roll out, he'd have been hammered by the fans.

I'd like to get Smith back in playing centre, Debrah right and Balmer left currently and then stop chopping and changing every week.  They may have a few errors in them but hopefully with a consistant line up it would lead to better understanding and overall better performances.

Balmer left? Wow he should be nowhere near this squad let alone starting 11 he's awful. I get we aren't blessed with options & defenders in any sort of form right now. I'd say our strongest back 3 is Deborah smith jones 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• Like 1