onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

4 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I'd go with that but put Balmer in instead of Yak.  Maybe bring Yak on once he tires and is more likely to make an error.  Balmer's better at bringing the ball out, has better distribution and gets closer to his man.

Sorry, Nelly... I'm afraid I must completely disagree with you on Balmer. Although how we see the game/players is all about opinions - and this forum is where we can express them - the only place I want to see Balmer is on the train to London. 

• Like 3

Advert

2 hours ago, 1 said:

Kept a clean sheet at their place after being whacked for 7. I think we’ll get a result because surely Crosby will start with something akin to what finished yesterdays game. 

No he won’t he’ll do something akin to how we started the game. Nice guy but intellectually bankrupt when it comes to footballing ideology. I’ve just watched the goals from yesterday the third goal that lump Lift gets brushed off the ball, which I’d have thought would take some doing looking at his upper physique, obviously not. Then a good strike from their player, which it didn’t seem as though Ripley vision was obscured yet it beat him with ease. The only excuse I can think of in Ripley defence is that he’s not used to playing so deep.

Edited by Playa Amodores

34 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

Sorry, Nelly... I'm afraid I must completely disagree with you on Balmer. Although how we see the game/players is all about opinions - and this forum is where we can express them - the only place I want to see Balmer is on the train to London. 

Would agree with this - very costly errors against Wigan & Middlesbrough.  An absolute disgrace that he was selected instead of our skipper and long serving out and out defender, Nathan Smith against Boro.

• Like 4

Apparently Blackpool have a worse away record than us but no doubt they will canter to an easy win here. They have CJ Hamilton a winger very fast chips in with the odd goal, we don't have anybody who can deal with him and they have Rhodes and beesley upfront who will no doubt be left unmarked on several occasions to head or volley home. 3 nil Blackpool 4986 crowd 619 away fans chanting the normal <ovf censored> ground no fans, port vales a <ovf censored> hole, football in a library, we can see you sneaking out, is there a fire drill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RPH-KV said:

Would agree with this - very costly errors against Wigan & Middlesbrough.  An absolute disgrace that he was selected instead of our skipper and long serving out and out defender, Nathan Smith against Boro.

Wasn't the 'error' again Boro due to Ripleys ball into him though?  The error that cost a goal vs Wigan down to poor chest control.  Yak is constantly getting caught coming inside leaving his man free at the far post.  He was very slow to react to the runner for their 1st goal yesterday too.

Edited by NellyTheValiant
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, bomber said:

This home form has got to change and quick. Yes we have a hard core of support but it is so depressing to see your team loose on a regular basis are going to loose a lot of support! Some already lost! It is not just the loosing it's the manor of the defeats.

I absolutely agree but the manager continues with  this awful tactic of zonal marking and not changing the tea; put Wilson on until he is worn out and then replace him at half time and play schorrack who should be lifted by the boxing day match but Crosby realhahasnt got a scoops doo of what he is doing and unless smith doesn’t play Jordon Rhodes will have a field day with our very average defensive capabilities

What worried me more than anything on Monday 1st half was the lack of fight, pride, passion considering :

the beating we had taken in the corresponding away fixture.

the fans reaction to the Wycombe result, both at the game and on social media afterwards.

the wish to actually win a football game and entertain the home crowd.

To me there is absolutely no way we should have to accept that as fans.

Another thing that worried me, and it seems to every home game at least, is the fact that almost every team seem to score with their first attempt at goal.

Monday was the first time I have really thought it's perhaps time for a change, if Andy Crosby cannot motivate these players to go out from the first whistle and perform on Friday then I don't think he ever will.  

• Like 2