onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

7 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

I agree but if left early you be so angry still as you wouldn't have seen what was I agree was a tremendous second half .

I just want folk in  them seats gamely enjoying the teams efforts .

If we lose 500 fans it's 500 too many just read in 10 years we have lost 425 games after watching our defensive efforts over that time I'm hardly surprised .

We need better for sure more Debrahs is the way forwards .

UTV 

Erm - that stat?  "We've lost 425 games in the last 10 years"?  Just not true I'm afraid - where is that stat being circulated?  It might have felt like it sometimes, but check the facts. It's not been a great decade apart from the recent promotion, I grant you, but the facts are that we have lost 185 games out of 451 in the league.  That's a loss rate of 41%.  If we did the same again for another decade, we still wouldn't have lost 425 games - to lose that many in a decade would see us in the Ronseal Paint Stripper 4th division, or similar. Or just go out of business for having a 77% loss rate each season. 42 out of 55 games or so each season lost.  Really? 

I get the point you are making about losing games, and yes, our defence leaks like a sieve, but where did this statistic get quoted from? If you added in our lost cup games over 10 years, the losses might reach 42.5% (I haven't done the maths) - is that what was meant instead of 425?  Has someone missed out a decimal point?  I'm all for using stats to make a point but this one seems wildly inaccurate.  Criticise the club by all means, but 425 losses in 10 years? Blimey!

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 00.08.59.png

• Like 4

Advert

3 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

Erm - that stat?  "We've lost 425 games in the last 10 years"?  Just not true I'm afraid - where is that stat being circulated?  It might have felt like it sometimes, but check the facts. It's not been a great decade apart from the recent promotion, I grant you, but the facts are that we have lost 185 games out of 451 in the league.  That's a loss rate of 41%.  If we did the same again for another decade, we still wouldn't have lost 425 games - to lose that many in a decade would see us in the Ronseal Paint Stripper 4th division, or similar. Or just go out of business for having a 77% loss rate each season. 42 out of 55 games or so each season lost.  Really? 

I get the point you are making about losing games, and yes, our defence leaks like a sieve, but where did this statistic get quoted from? If you added in our lost cup games over 10 years, the losses might reach 42.5% (I haven't done the maths) - is that what was meant instead of 425?  Has someone missed out a decimal point?  I'm all for using stats to make a point but this one seems wildly inaccurate.  Criticise the club by all means, but 425 losses in 10 years? Blimey!

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 00.08.59.png

9 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

If the football is the best for years how come we keep losing ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

A number of things .

Injuries to key players at wrong times .

Misfortune 

Run of the ball 

Players making basic errors too often 

It's not like its great play that's beating us it's lack of concentration in key moments. 

A bit of everything really poor subs, poor timings of subs leaving players on who at times when watching them you think his he taking the pi--

Also slow to react to what the other team are doing like for example v Barnsley you could see there back players had too much time quite early in game so why didn't we make subs immediately why wait till half time .

Many reasons not one in particular 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

5 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

FB_IMG_1703818509407.jpg

I cannot find the league games lost this century statistic on the football rates site although I quickly count a total of 420 losses between 2001-23 from the tabulated PV results. Whichever way its viewed, using league matches lost this century as a barometer of current form and crowd participation is bad use of statistics. I prefer this more optimistic statistic from actual football rates site.

Footballrates.thumb.jpg.3ecf6ee53dc42894233764f3d544046c.jpg

• Like 1

Feel a bit torn at the minute.

I can see the 'rational' arguments that things aren't so bad. 16th is at the bottom end of acceptable, and there's more young players being given chances than ever. We've picked up 7 points from 12 and lost 3-2 to a very decent side on Boxing Day. There's been a clear, if unsuccessful, attempt to shift our style of play and recruitment was reasonable this summer.

Despite all this, there's some instinct kicking in that things aren't right and that Crosby isn't the man. It may be 2 decades of things never being right, and my overall pessimism kicking in, but I can't bring myself to settle down with it all. Just a vibe. 

I'm going to try and force myself to be positive. Arblaster's recall should force us to adopt a more direct approach. We simply don't have the personnel to play patient football anymore. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

2-1 Vale

Wilson & Iacovitti

You be careful Brian you be accused of being a happy clapper .

My team tonight Im sure folk ain't going be happy about it, but it won't be bings team, he will be more worried about them than concentrating on our attributes .

Leuitweiler 

Cass   Debrah Smith Icavetti 

Lomax Devine Garrity Chislett

Wilson Uche 

4 -4 -2 or when the intelligent excellent JWilson drops 4 -4 -1 -1 plenty of pace down both sides with chislett cutting in like he did tues to fantastic effect his 2 goals brilliant shame only 1 stood .

Out go Lowe Massey Loft ,we cannot afford be pedestrian ,and I'm sorry just lately all 3 have struggled well we need be on the front foot so for me they are benched 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

56 minutes ago, Santa said:

I’ve done a fag packet calculation and I actually make it 449 league defeats since 01/01/2000.

Either way it's a  skewed statistic. 

Premier league play 38. So 8 less games a year than ourselves.  That equates to a lot of games for the likes of Palace, Lardies etc who have always been mid table to struggling. 

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

I'm going to try and force myself to be positive. Arblaster's recall should force us to adopt a more direct approach. We simply don't have the personnel to play patient football anymore. 

It's pretty obvious Crosby only has a Plan A. He has one way of playing and is either too stubborn or too dumb to try and come up with something else. Losing Arblaster won't change a thing other than making us a worse team.

just hope he breaks habit of a life time and puts 2 strikers on (at the same time 😮🙈😍)

big Uche was instrumental in both goals against Wigan - his cross for youngens header was sublime

JW also looked really sharp and on another day could have bagged a couple himself

no reason why we cant overturn Blackpool tonight 👍👍👍