onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

We have 6500 season ticket holders but only count the ones that turn up. I'd have a guess that 1500 to 2000 season ticket holders don't come some of the games or maybe even all of them. Not many people are going pay 25 quid per game to watch this crap so the crowds are going be back to the normal 4000 to 5000 figure instead of over 7000 average we had been getting. I don't blame people for not going as it's cold, boring, terrible atmosphere and I doubt there's many sides that have lost as many home games as we have in 2023. Blackpool usually travel quite well for away games but looking at there forum alot are fed up at there club so perhaps they arnt going bring many either. 

• Like 2

Advert

49 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I left at half time. Worst 45 minutes I’ve seen from vale and that is really saying something given the drivel that’s been served up at times. Not fussed about missing out on the 2nd half. Barnsley took their best players off and took their foot completely off the gas. If they played at the same intensity as first half it wouldn’t have finished 2-3. Posted on another thread but that is me done until Crosby is gone. 

Bye. Enjoy b and q or sky sports news or or dodgy stream.

Utv. Never give in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

I agree but if left early you be so angry still as you wouldn't have seen what was I agree was a tremendous second half .

I just want folk in  them seats gamely enjoying the teams efforts .

If we lose 500 fans it's 500 too many just read in 10 years we have lost 425 games after watching our defensive efforts over that time I'm hardly surprised .

We need better for sure more Debrahs is the way forwards .

UTV 

Aye, just read that.  The only team to have lost more games this century is Crewe.

Edited by Bede

1 hour ago, smithie said:

Why would you buy a ticket then leave after less than half the game? Even if you only stay to get your money's worth and/or let the players know how you feel, l just find going so early a bit odd. 

As it happened they missed a decent game in the second half. 

I think Brian Clough once said there’s two kinds of people who go to football matches, those who expect to be entertained and those who support the team. I don’t think Vale are unique in having both types and it’s usually obvious to tell which category people fall into.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

We have 6500 season ticket holders but only count the ones that turn up. I'd have a guess that 1500 to 2000 season ticket holders don't come some of the games or maybe even all of them. Not many people are going pay 25 quid per game to watch this crap so the crowds are going be back to the normal 4000 to 5000 figure instead of over 7000 average we had been getting. I don't blame people for not going as it's cold, boring, terrible atmosphere and I doubt there's many sides that have lost as many home games as we have in 2023. Blackpool usually travel quite well for away games but looking at there forum alot are fed up at there club so perhaps they arnt going bring many either. 

For arguments sake did you enjoy last season 

The football is miles better this season crossing the ball in 200 times and no one on the end of them crosses is to me rubbish football there's no way you can aim that at this year's team .

I'd like have a look at overall goal attempts over a season bet we in top 10 for attempts at goal. 

Our weakness as being our defence yet again as we have lost 425 games in this century only Crewe 441 have lost more .

There you go in a nutshell theres your problem .

There's nothing rubbish about some of the football we play it's the best for years but when defenders are letting players continually in our box have free headers pot shots and whatever else they are guilty off you can see why folk are a bit distressed about us losing games.

The secret is too replace these players .

All in good time for now we need encourage our team to play all game like  second half tuesif we do we win in  my opinion but won't if defenders do not pick up there men 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

The football is miles better this season crossing the ball in 200 times and no one on the end of them crosses is to me rubbish football there's no way you can aim that at this year's team .
I'd like have a look at overall goal attempts over a season bet we in top 10 for attempts at goal. 
Our weakness as being our defence yet again as we have lost 425 games in ten years only Crewe 441 have lost more .
There's nothing rubbish about some of the football we play it's the best for years but when defenders are letting players continually in our box have free headers pot shots and whatever else they are guilty off you can see why folk are a bit distressed about us losing games.
The secret is too replace these players .
All in good time for now we need encourage our team to play all game like  second half tuesif we do we win in  my opinion but won't if defenders do not pick up there men 
UTV 

If the football is the best for years how come we keep losing ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Given up second guessing Crosby roulette. 

However I'm not getting the clamour for Uche. He's been tripe. 

Wilson has to start and if Bath City fancy Loft I'll drive him there myself. Never want to watch that carthorse again. Uche is barely an upgrade either.

Same here. To be air, Uche is miles better than loft, but that just says how bad loft is because uche isnt good enough and doesnt seem to have much of a footballing brain. Hes meant to be a big man but cant head the ball. He wasnt even in the squad Boxing Day until the young lad had to be withdrawn, so I suppose it would be a very Crosby thing to do to start him. Wilson has to start and play as long as he can. Next choice up front is garitty. Need to drop Massey also, but im sure he will live off that one good game in 30 and start again. A 17 year old showed him up last game. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Our weakness as being our defence yet again as we have lost 425 games in ten years only Crewe 441 have lost more .

I know we are bad, but do the maths. That is losing 42 games a year on average, taking cup defeats into account means we lose 39 league games which leaves 21 points a season on average at best.