onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (A) match thread - 23rd Dec

robf

Advert

13 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Play well and lose, play not so well and draw emoji848.png moan moan moan emoji849.png
Its about time we s*** housed a point, after all we've had it done in reverse to us plenty of times.
Just for the record this isn't the worst we have played for 'decades' emoji849.png
As ever an important game boxing day, if just to stop the endless negativity on here. Heaven forbid we dare to lose,which is obviously what the gaffer and lads are desperate to do as they are so awful and clueless.

And the completely missed the point post of the year is this. Well done!

Where have been people being saying is the worst that we have played for years?

• Like 1

I think it was a game of two halves for Alfie. The first 45, yes, he was terrible and the game completely bypassed him. However, in the second half he really started to dictate the play and show flashes of excellence. 
With Ojo and the Blaster out for a number of weeks, it’s now time for Alfie to show his worth. I think some people forget that he is still 19-years-old, he’s going to be a little inconsistent. 
On yesterday, I was there and it was a pretty dull affair. The first 70 minutes were as bad as I’ve seen for a long, long time. I thought Wilson & Walters really changed the game.
The away end was pretty toxic for 90% of the match, and rightly so- the football is f*cking .
Crosby really has uphill battle to win back the supporters, with 80% completely gone already. 

So our two best and most influential midfielders are out injured. What do people expect?Who can we bring in of equal quality and influence?
We aren't allowed breathing space to try and sort an affective midfield, during a game, without people going mental. The midfield was obviously severely lacking yesterday,for all to see, resulting in 60 odd mins of being over run.
However our defence held firm and Ripley wasn't really tested, apart from making one decent save, and we grew into the game after formation changes and subs etc and came away with a point.
Just the fact that we had formation changes shows that the management were more than aware of our lack of midfield and were juggling on the hoof thru the game to come up with the best option.
Boxing day should, hopefully, be alot different.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Just an observation: One can infer that Crosby is under pressure (and rightly so) by the last few post match interviews he's given. They are more like an Andy Crosby public relations exercise.

To be fair Diego, his interviews have always sounded like that. I switched off from listening to him about 6 weeks ago now because of it. 

I also think the way he comes across is not helping him to to endear with part of the fanbase too

• Like 7

And the completely missed the point post of the year is this. Well done!
Where have been people being saying is the worst that we have played for years?
I'm really not interested in anything you say anymore. Your self righteousness is beyond nauseating and antagonistic and the fact you mock a 10 year old lad, in tears, supporting his team at Christmas just sums you up. To think your a grown man is just embarrassing for you .
For the record someone furthur up said it was the worst for decades.
Keep up Brian, that's if you can, which you obviously can't .
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

What do people expect? How about playing a midfielder instead of a centre half in the middle (Lowe).  Take your pick from Walters Conlon Sang or Garrity - all would have done a better job than Lowe.

How about starting Grant on the left instead of a right footed player.   If he can’t do 90 minutes you start him.  How about realising what a stinker Massey was having and making a change.

How about admitting Loft is garbage and play Uche ( admittedly not much better) 

Hurry back Willo.

Edited by RPH-KV
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

So our two best and most influential midfielders are out injured. What do people expect?Who can we bring in of equal quality and influence?
We aren't allowed breathing space to try and sort an affective midfield, during a game, without people going mental. The midfield was obviously severely lacking yesterday,for all to see, resulting in 60 odd mins of being over run.
However our defence held firm and Ripley wasn't really tested, apart from making one decent save, and we grew into the game after formation changes and subs etc and came away with a point.
Just the fact that we had formation changes shows that the management were more than aware of our lack of midfield and were juggling on the hoof thru the game to come up with the best option.
Boxing day should, hopefully, be alot different.

He played one of our best and influential midfielders at centr half for 3 or 4 games 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bimbleabout said:

I'm really not interested in anything you say anymore. Your self righteousness is beyond nauseating and antagonistic and the fact you mock a 10 year old lad, in tears, supporting his team at Christmas just sums you up. To think your a grown man is just embarrassing for you .
For the record someone furthur up said it was the worst for decades.
Keep up Brian, that's if you can, which you obviously can't .

I said Home matches were the dullest, as in boring to watch.

• Like 1

This is one of the most frustrating times for Vale fans. It's not desperate and for a change our league status or very existence is looking secure, nonetheless I feel we have a right to be concerned for football's sake.

It's frustrating because we have a decent set of players, with the exception of one or two, in fact I can't remember a time when we have had such a promising pack of home grown talent breaking into the 1st team and for that I give Crosby credit. 

Our style of play is the issue and for that Crosby has to take responsibility as does Flitcroft. I wouldn't mind if it was "tippy tap" until we create an opportunity but it isn't, it's "tippy tap" until we balls up and the opposition score. Our opponents are wise to us and if the average fan in the stand can see this then why can't those who have had a lifetime of employment in football?

Being a Vale fan, I want us to win, I want Crosby to succeed but when we as fans feel the way we do how do we register our discontent? I'm never one for booing players especially if they are giving their best and again whilst there has been widespread angst regarding the tactics I don't think any player could be really accused of not giving their best, which differs from some Vale dross of the past.

Are we capable of a change in playing style? I think we are beyond the, "keep the faith" cliche, what we are doing doesn't really work for Vale. Is there anyone on this forum who could convince me that we have got it right or we have to be patient? You hear it frequently said that the manager was sacked because he had lost the dressing room. For me I feel that the current manager could get sacked because he is losing the fanbase. If Crosby is a good coach could he change his style? Is it Flitcroft dictating terms?

If something doesn't change I have a feeling we could be heading for an undignified period at the club which should be avoided at all costs. I'll be there on boxing day, it's a clean slate for me, I'll be willing us to win, hoping for the best for the manager and player's however I know there's a whole bunch of Vale fans who are just waiting for that first mistake.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Total rubbish. 

What about the previous 3 months they have been part of?

BJ - you are also guilty of completely missing the point here as well

He is not saying we weren't crap with them in - just that we are even crapper when they are injured

😜😜😜😜🤣🤣🤣😍😍😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2