onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough (H) FLC QF Match Thread 19th Dec

Birches Head Fred

22 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Why? Lowe has been crap in the centre. Yes he’s good on the ball but to be honest I don’t care about that if he’s at fault for a goal every week. He was at fault for one against Stevenage, one against Wigan, and now one again last night. In fact I’d argue two last night because his backing off for the first was disgusting.

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Agreed. Not his fault - he’s a right back by trade now playing in the middle of a back 3. Right of the back 3 suits him far more.

Agree but prefer Jessie on right of back 3.

Advert

4 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I think signing Jones was a mistake and I said so at the time. He’s not a starter for me but is fine as a back up, but he’s a known crock. Even worse than Wilson in fact. Yet we gave him a 2 year deal.

i'm no fan of jones either but we need a left footer that side just for balance alone. Never replacing Hall was criminal 

The best central defender we have is Jesse Debra. He's big, strong, good in the tackle, good in the air, good on the ball and has a long throw. He poses a conundrum because he needs to play right side. This leaves us trying to fit the other central defenders available in the remaining two spaces. 

Anyway Debra was a really good spot in the transfer market. 

A few marks .

Ripley 4 8 goals conceded in last 3games very poor distribution for second goal it was so amateurish the lot of it .

Debrah 6 star man he did nowt wrong

Lowe 3 

Balmer 2 

Devine 4

Arblaster 5

Garrity 5

Ojo 5

Massey 3 

Chislett 4 

Grant 3

Subs much ado about nothing like the whole game a Vale fans perspective 

A really lame way go out .

Hope they can live with the fact them kind of performances kill the club .

Middlesborough well what did they do what so special nothing really just moved with intent .

Waste of a night .

Don't ever give me a performance like that again 

Wheres the pride in the shirt .

Wasn't shown last night at all 

I  think the atmosphere has been poor since the switch as many have mentioned, best days for me was when the paddock was in full voice & the away fans were closer. The banter got things going & made match days more lively. Now it's neither & the hamil & what's remaining in the paddock just can't get going together it's awful 
I see a lot of fans saying they will relocate to the railway next season. I agree the atmosphere has not been great in the hamill. Maybe those folk going back in the railway may stand/ sit in the far corner closer to the visiting fans.

Sent from my SM-G781B using onevalefan mobile app

10 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

There are football matches when a team can only play as well as the opposition allows them to and last night was one of those matches. According to the commentary team Vale were chasing shadows all night which illustrates the gulf in class between the two teams. The fluky deflected goal, the awful pass out from Ripley and Vale's lack of a regular goal scoring striker just added to Vale's woes.

Nah. We were rubbish, and Crosby got his tactics completely wrong. Nobody will deny they aren't a better side but it was a great time to be playing them and we absolutely stunk the place out. 

Been supporting Vale since 1975. Seen a lot good and bad.

Last night should have been a momentous occasion in our history with a 'chance' to progress.

I'll be honest and have to say that even now I'm gutted - not because we lost but because you could see that far too much respect was given to Boro from the 'off'. We backed off and sat deep from the kick off when I thought (more fool me) that we'd be pressing and flying at them in the first 10 minutes or so. We ended up looking like fools and headless chickens chasing shadows (when they did actually chase). The debacle centrally was there for all to see particularly a penalty area void of any attacking intent - Joke!  The tactics are on the manager, recruitment lies at the feet of Flitcroft. Carol oversees the lot. Balmer and Grant absolutely out of their depth on the left, ludicrous positioning. Debrah was great, Garrity grafted. This was as poor a performance as almost any I've witnessed - Chasetown (away) being the worst). I'm hurting, disillusioned and disappointed as this was not good enough, not by a long way. People around us in the Paddock started leaving on 65 mins, some, even ST holders saying they are not attending the Boxing Day game.

One step forward and 10 STEPS backward imo.

We'll know where the club is going in January, one way or the other.

I wish I could be more positive but that hurt me last night. Hope Arblaster is OK and we see him again in a Vale shirt - what a talent this lad is. I'll still be Vale moaning or not, many won't.

I’m a boro fan and was at the game last night.

First of all, what a fantastic stadium. A real football ground, it took me back to the days of Ayresome park. No trouble last night and I mixed with vale fans in the pub before the game, an enjoyable night.

The game itself I was disappointed in, I wanted a fierce cup tie under the lights, port vale never turned up and the game was over after 5 minutes. 
it’s a shame the players couldn’t turn up for a quarter final home tie, they didn’t even give us a game.

I wish you luck for the rest of the season, I’ve been wanting to tick port vale off for a while now so glad of the opportunity to go.

all the best 🤝

Last night we had no fight in us.

Before the match Port Vale Legends - Sir John, Grewie, Bernie and Ray the stalwarts of the greatest era in Port Vales history who would run through brick walls in a Vale shirt watched that inept lacklustre display. What must they have thought.

If a manager can’t motivate and players get motivated for an historic night like that then they should not be at the club.

Never mind Boro are a league above I would have not been bothered to lose 0-5 if we had just had a go at them. Once they were gifted the 2nd then it was all over.

Even Boomer had his head in his hands on the corner flag at the Hamil end.

Very disappointed in last nights display. Since my first visit in 84 I’ve never expected to win every match and be Premier league. I have expected fight, determination and belief none was on show last night.

Move onto Saturday and go again as they say.

Archived