onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough (H) FLC QF Match Thread 19th Dec

Birches Head Fred

Advert

1 hour ago, JohnDoe said:

I think yaks ben poor since his injury whenever hes played. Lowe has been good over a longer period while smith has been poor for a long time. For me it’s th left side thats up for grabs. The other two are locked in for a few more games at least (assuming that we play the current system becasue crosby can’t change.)

Yak has been poor i agree, like to see jones there myself but he's completely disappeared 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

37 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Their are loads of choices out there . Do not be fooled to think that we can not do anything better than Crosby

We are not going to be bringing in 2 strikers in January when we already have Loft & Uche under contract & a manager that either starts with just 1 striker or none at all.

Paying Crosby off and bringing in another manager won't change the squad of players we have and will just reduce the budget for new signings in January. Is that a good idea? Crosby has both arms tied behind his back, he has a poor unbalanced squad and quite a few injuries.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

The Vale we all know had gone. None of the starting line up had been here for more than two seasons. They are professional footballers but the occasion probably didn't mean as much to them as to Pope, Smith and Gibbons when we played Manchester City. What else could Crosby do, we have no fit players apart from the ones named last night or we wouldn't have had 3 kids on the bench.

What a load of rubbish. I'd hazard a guess all 92 clubs and definitely non league clubs have very few players with long service. Player turnover is massive. 

Is this another veiled dig at Clarke?

Can you please elaborate on your first sentence.  The Vale we all know .

What do you mean. Please put more meat on the bones. I'm dying to know what the Vale we all know is ?

Is it Enfield, Chasetown. Losing 4-1 at home to Macclesfield? 

Or just Everton and Spurs ?

I thought their second goal shows how toothless our attack is. They win the ball on the wing from a defensive howler and within a few passes they have it in the net. 

From the same situation we would be playing hot potato with the ball pinging low short passes back and forth outside the box shouting “no you shoot”, “no you shoot” until we either end up back over the halfway line or rolls into the keeper’s hands

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

What a load of rubbish. I'd hazard a guess all 92 clubs and definitely non league clubs have very few players with long service. Player turnover is massive. 

Is this another veiled dig at Clarke?

Can you please elaborate on your first sentence.  The Vale we all know .

What do you mean. Please put more meat on the bones. I'm dying to know what the Vale we all know is ?

Is it Enfield, Chasetown. Losing 4-1 at home to Macclesfield? 

Or just Everton and Spurs ?

It wasn't a veiled dig at Clarke, I make no secret of the fact that I think he is a mediocre manager at this level.  Hard work and game management gets you a long way in non league and League 2 but he is showing his inability at this level at Cheltenham. Obviously it won't be his fault when they get relegated but he will decimate their squad in January but not turn it around.

58 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

So thats an excuse for not having a go at them and just rolling over?

I thought we did have a go. However, as usual Crosby tactics annoyed me. They were a bigger physical team than us. That might suggest we are not trying in challenges but the fact is we were just losing them. 

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Paying Crosby off and bringing in another manager won't change the squad of players we have and will just reduce the budget for new signings in January. Is that a good idea? Crosby has both arms tied behind his back, he has a poor unbalanced squad and quite a few injuries.

Your hatred for DC and your lovin for AC is just weird.

Any manager would get a regular tune out of this current squad.

How he sets up his teams 9 times out of 10 is poor. His in game management is even poorer. He's got no clue how to change things.

If you think the squad is unbalanced then who is to blame for that? If you say its down to Flickers then Crosby got no backbone to stand up to him and say the signings are not right for the club & should not be manager

What injuries? Mitch Clark & James Wilson?

3 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Only heard what the manager said after the game - a deep gash down to the bone below the knee - ouch!

I've had an injury like that. Still got the scar 52 years on. But hopefully he hasn't damaged the knee joint itself. 

9 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It wasn't a veiled dig at Clarke, I make no secret of the fact that I think he is a mediocre manager at this level.  Hard work and game management gets you a long way in non league and League 2 but he is showing his inability at this level at Cheltenham. Obviously it won't be his fault when they get relegated but he will decimate their squad in January but not turn it around.

You've not answered about The Port Vale we know?

16 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

you are so deluded! can you not see his in game management is that bad? his tactics are poor, his stubbornness & unwillingness to change is pathetic, his lack of ideas or how to change a game once is started is not good enough! Any half decent manager would get so much more out of this squad but people like you can't see it. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Archived