onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough (H) FLC QF Match Thread 19th Dec

Birches Head Fred

The deflected goal a fluke yes once that went in we started playing OK but there second goal killed it was such a poor goal give away and then the rest of the night bar the massey miss was absolutely awful .

I see folk on about atmosphere how can you create a atmosphere when no player is playing above a 3 out of 10 in a quarter final of a league cup .

I don't mind losing at all never have but last night the players instead of flying crunching into challenges instead were frightened do anything 

The occassion was too big for them they have gave it away .

If watching that home you would turn it off .

Seasons over now in the space of 3 consecutive tues night the players have managed put us out of all cup competitions and leave us nowt but a stay up campaign

Brilliant well done NOT .

In future move all Vale home games to either a MON or a WED because I do not watch them on a tues again that's about 4 years in a row where we have played poorly on that said night in fact it's a surprise if they ever win on that night .

Middlesborough had the easiest night they could ever have wished for so for  that Crosby OUT .

25 quid watch Vale bar probably Debrah and Ollie play like frightened scaredy cat cowards .

Advert

Another thing how to attract more folk to the ground 

That kind of display will not 

I'm so gutted with what I saw last night .

Saturday was brilliant and followed it up with that .

Vale all over .

I bet everyone was gone by final whistle I went on 76 mins I'd had enough 3 hrs sleep buzzing for months for that .

It was absolutely rubbish 

I've got a season ticket and I'm in 2 minds not go again that's how bad the performance was .

Nothing to do with our limp attempt to Crosbyball Boro into submission, but  I imagine it or were the Boro fans singing “he’s one of our own” to Ripley about 15 mins after the final whistle?

Nice gesture after giving him <ovf censored> all match (giving him <ovf censored> as you would expect any fans to give to former keeper of theirs). If not then…. What was wrong with the Boro fans not being respectful after the final whistle? 

12 minutes ago, mattpvfc said:

Not Been vale for 5 years and that's reminded me why I stopped going.

Exactly I rest my case. 

We had 9400 home folk last night and I bet not a one who hasn't being for years will return 

That to me was the reason why they had to play above themselves they ended up playing beneath themselves .

Vale teams in the past didn't give teams that kind of respect. 

Sad for the hardcore because we want more folk turning up .

Well done Vale useless gits

A lot of talk about not playing smith, but for the last few months Lowe has been our better defender and smith has been awful. He deserved to be dropped. And while I agree the left side is up for grabs, i would still choose Lowe and debrah for centre and right (It would be nice to try a back four system but Crosby wont change)

And on that, my big issue is that Crosby has no plan b and in incapable of changing a game. The games always end with his subs. People keep saying loft must have been forced on Crosby by flitcroft, but tonight shows thats not true. Plenty of options available, but loft was first choice to come on and it ended the game for us. I think we all came into this with a lot of hope after the last game, but that performance brought us all back to reality. 

Exactly I rest my case. 
We had 9400 home folk last night and I bet not a one who hasn't being for years will return 
That to me was the reason why they had to play above themselves they ended up playing beneath themselves .
Vale teams in the past didn't give teams that kind of respect. 
Sad for the hardcore because we want more folk turning up .
Well done Vale useless gits
I talked my lad into going as I sold it to him as one of our biggest games in recent history , he's 19 now. Been to Vale all thru his early years but has dropped off now he's in love and pubs and stuff.
He was like wtf is this. He won't be going again(his words) for a long time which is such a shame

8 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

A lot of talk about not playing smith, but for the last few months Lowe has been our better defender and smith has been awful. He deserved to be dropped. And while I agree the left side is up for grabs, i would still choose Lowe and debrah for centre and right (It would be nice to try a back four system but Crosby wont change)

And on that, my big issue is that Crosby has no plan b and in incapable of changing a game. The games always end with his subs. People keep saying loft must have been forced on Crosby by flitcroft, but tonight shows thats not true. Plenty of options available, but loft was first choice to come on and it ended the game for us. I think we all came into this with a lot of hope after the last game, but that performance brought us all back to reality. 

Lowes had a couple of bad game games on the spin now tho. For me Smith comes back into the team he was rightly dropped yes. It has to be Jesse smith & yak surely next game. Not convinced by any of our left sided centre backs right now. Never been a big fan of Jones but would be worth a go yet he's not even making the squads. Surely he's not injured still 🤔 can see him going in january 

Obviously there’s the fact they’re higher placed in a higher division but it was a flat performance from us and I went home deflated that we hadn’t given it a good go. From their point of view, if they’re homework was restricted to watching Saturday’s highlights the message would have been be alert about them ( Vale) going forward and if they play Balmer, target him when receiving the ball. I’d be interested in knowing the reason for playing him… injuries? His pace? (Ojo catches up quicker when the ball’s nicked off him) , the belief that with a run of matches under his belt he’ll vie for a place on merit? ( maybe but this wasn’t a match to include in such a run).

The first goal deflated us and there felt an element of bad luck with the deflection. The second made us too nervous to compete and it would have been on my agenda to take Balmer off asap.

The Vale we all know had gone. None of the starting line up had been here for more than two seasons. They are professional footballers but the occasion probably didn't mean as much to them as to Pope, Smith and Gibbons when we played Manchester City. What else could Crosby do, we have no fit players apart from the ones named last night or we wouldn't have had 3 kids on the bench.

6 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Lowes had a couple of bad game games on the spin now tho. For me Smith comes back into the team he was rightly dropped yes. It has to be Jesse smith & yak surely next game. Not convinced by any of our left sided centre backs right now. Never been a big fan of Jones but would be worth a go yet he's not even making the squads. Surely he's not injured still 🤔 can see him going in january 

I think yaks ben poor since his injury whenever hes played. Lowe has been good over a longer period while smith has been poor for a long time. For me it’s th left side thats up for grabs. The other two are locked in for a few more games at least (assuming that we play the current system becasue crosby can’t change.)

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

The Vale we all know had gone. None of the starting line up had been here for more than two seasons. They are professional footballers but the occasion probably didn't mean as much to them as to Pope, Smith and Gibbons when we played Manchester City. What else could Crosby do, we have no fit players apart from the ones named last night or we wouldn't have had 3 kids on the bench.

Smith would have lost his place earlier if he wasn’t Nathan smith. If his performances had come from cass or yak there would have been far more calls for him to be dropped (dont get me wrong, i love smithy but i just think he gets more leeway becasue he’s Nathan smith). Even if we had gibbons he would have probably been injured anyways. 

Archived