onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter C (A) Match thread 9th Dec

Fosse69

We all know the striker situation is a shambles so it's no suprise we've got none on the pitch today, but it says it all really. This hasn't just been this season, Garrity has been makeshift striker on numerous occasions now for the past 3 seasons! Good to see Walters start again & lomax & dipepa on the bench tho. Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want but there's more to this Devine injury for me. After storming off up the tunnel last match & his mood swings previously i don't think we'll see him in a Vale shirt again. 

Advert

10 minutes ago, Vtid said:

We all know the striker situation is a shambles so it's no suprise we've got none on the pitch today, but it says it all really. This hasn't just been this season, Garrity has been makeshift striker on numerous occasions now for the past 3 seasons! Good to see Walters start again & lomax & dipepa on the bench tho. Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want but there's more to this Devine injury for me. After storming off up the tunnel last match & his mood swings previously i don't think we'll see him in a Vale shirt again. 

At least Olly is fit to play.  Should be a bit higher up the field now we have Ojo & Walters in the middle - maybe get us a goal?

16 minutes ago, Vtid said:

And we won't see Thomas again either 

At least we got an extra player on the sub bench.  So we are  a head on that one.  🤣

This match is down to who scores first.  Then the team will gain in confidence.  Just hope its us that scores first. 

If they do, then the stats will show us having 65% of the game, loads of chances to score, but finish it with a 0 against Port Vale.  Exeter will have a couple of chances and score them all as our players heads will drop.

42 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

What if........just what if it starts to click? I called for his head after Northampton. But, despite my anger, just what if it does click today? I saw 12 without a win under Rudge and also 17 without a win under Rudge, albeit both after promotions. I feel it is too late to sack him now as there is no chance for a window repair for a new guy.

I am staying awake for this 'el Crapico', you all know football, this could go down as a barn storming game or a one man and his dog  game.

Prediction: 3-0 either way. Or 0-0, , or 4-3.

We will not need a January repair job because another manager will get a tune out of this squad to keep us up

2 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Ha ha, 3-7-0 again. No strikers on the pitch against possibly the one side in worse form than us, so either a failure of recruitment or a failure of management. Crosby the Untouchable marches on while we hold our heads in our hands. 

But we will be passing the ball around like a premier team from the back.  It will be great looking football and then our strikers will score according to AC and Co.  The players will be giving 100%.. 

Sorry AC we will pass the ball around from the back, make a mistake and they will score.  Our defenders and midfield will not score and the strikers - oh they will not score either.

25 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Ha ha, 3-7-0 again. No strikers on the pitch against possibly the one side in worse form than us, so either a failure of recruitment or a failure of management. Crosby the Untouchable marches on while we hold our heads in our hands. 

Would either of our 'strikers' have scored a goal anyway?  I'm not too downhearted, though I wish we had Thomas available for at least part of the game. 

Archived