onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Report - RW to invest in Vale

Doha

2 hours ago, Osh said:

People - this is The Sun. Rupert Murdoch. The same people who lied about the 96.

Be like the good people of Liverpool - don't believe a feckin word that that sh!t rag writes.

I agree with what you say about the 96 mate and their record is poor BUT all i will say is that there is truth in it

Advert

2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Don’t think? 
Another words u don’t know 

To clarify we got sod all. Where is St Robbie now? Lapping it up in in LA, that’s what. When he is back in the UK he will make sure he will spend time in his executive box at Chelsea or maybe write another tune for Spurs fans. 

I do agree that him wearing our home shirt at the gig helped shift a few…but if it was such a success why are we still trying to desperately sell the very same shirt he wore at the gig for £5 as part of the Black Friday sale nearly two years on? 

I don’t mind Robbie, he is a Vale fan and a good ambassador for the city…but he has certainly got a lot back from what limited input he has had for the club given his wealth and profile. 

17 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

To clarify we got sod all. Where is St Robbie now? Lapping it up in in LA, that’s what. When he is back in the UK he will make sure he will spend time in his executive box at Chelsea or maybe write another tune for Spurs fans. 

I do agree that him wearing our home shirt at the gig helped shift a few…but if it was such a success why are we still trying to desperately sell the very same shirt he wore at the gig for £5 as part of the Black Friday sale nearly two years on? 

I don’t mind Robbie, he is a Vale fan and a good ambassador for the city…but he has certainly got a lot back from what limited input he has had for the club given his wealth and profile. 

£250k ain’t a little. £250k more than 99% of celebrities who attach themselves to football clubs. Why shouldn’t he lie in LA? I can tell you now, there aren’t too many on here who had his money, fame and chance to live anywhere not many would remain in Stoke.

I recently watched the Netflix documentary, now I know his story will be jazzed up for TV but while he's done some silly things in life I think it's safe to say he's grown up.

The amount of crap the tv gave him and especially the journalist from the Sun in the past was shocking.

And he can hardly come to Vale Park and watch a game in peace can he?

His presence would bring investment I'm sure, not on a Wrexham scale but welcome revenue non the less

11 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Bit harsh 

He has given us good exposure down the years at times and did invest under V2001, not to mention help with the shirts in recent seasons so has been engaged with the club more since Carol came in.

He has always said hasn't he that when the time is right he wants to come into the club but needed the right owners and obviously when he is able to give time to it, which I assume his career to date hasn't allowed him to have that time.

15 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

wow to that first bit

Now then you say he has had a lot back from promoting Vale .....    mmm again you know little about him,personally i think its very much the other way around

57 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

wow to that first bit

Now then you say he has had a lot back from promoting Vale .....    mmm again you know little about him,personally i think its very much the other way around

Spot on there Carl. He has got nothing back in anything he has done when promoting the Vale. It hasn't done anything for him being a Vale fan other than the novelty value to the media. 

Over the years he has played in testamonials  which have greatly increased the attendances.

Posed in various tops ( one being a video promoting a single ) which over the years have increased shirt sales even to non Vale fans .

Invested 250k to own 25% of the club. ( the maximum allowed at the time ).

Donated those shares to the supporters to fight MOLD

Lifted the clubs profile with the concert and again boosted shirt and shop sales with the launch of the new shirt.

If he does invest i am sure he could bring in further investment from his contacts in the music and media industry.

The only one that will gain any benefits is PVFC.

19 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Spot on there Carl. He has got nothing back in anything he has done when promoting the Vale. It hasn't done anything for him being a Vale fan other than the novelty value to the media. 

Over the years he has played in testamonials  which have greatly increased the attendances.

Posed in various tops ( one being a video promoting a single ) which over the years have increased shirt sales even to non Vale fans .

Invested 250k to own 25% of the club. ( the maximum allowed at the time ).

Donated those shares to the supporters to fight MOLD

Lifted the clubs profile with the concert and again boosted shirt and shop sales with the launch of the new shirt.

If he does invest i am sure he could bring in further investment from his contacts in the music and media industry.

The only one that will gain any benefits is PVFC.

It does make my laugh that the "negative" side always comes out with some, when as listed by Carl and mby, we have had "positives". It has cost the Vale as a club no money to have RW as a fan. I went to Orient years ago and we did not take many. But lots of Koreans were there, quite bizarre. 

He is in Aus I believe atm and doing okay with his brand of music, like or not.

Any avenue that is open should be looked at, will it happen who knows? 

We could always send Hank and Norman an SOS, if not.

At the end of the day it is us fans that keep the Vale going.

Archived