onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

52 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

You can cross Matt Taylor of your letters to Santa he’s gone to Bristol Rovers

He would of been my first choice thats for sure,they will pay him decent money tbf

Not sure who else is out of work who i would like but my 2nd choice is Pete Wild although it doesn't look like Crosby is going anywhere soon

Advert

Man City are playing 3241 presently. Not a wing back or fullback in sight. Very strong down the centre of the pitch with 5 defensive orientated players. Foden and Grealish on the flanks.

I guess with players as good as they have the shape of the team can change to suit the position at hand. But the point I'm making is that we don't have to keep playing wing backs if in fact we haven't got any or any good enough. 

Edited by Warren

On 29/11/2023 at 20:35, rob1983 said:
On 29/11/2023 at 19:32, Guitar Ray said:
Have you been out of the country for a while?  We’ve spent over £100k on the playing surface over the summer with a similar amount to be spent next summer.  That’s been well reported but you somehow missed it.
If you kept up to date you’d also know that the reason a new roof hasn’t been installed on the Railway loos is because the money is being put to a complete rebuild early next year rather than a patch up.
We’ve invested in team.  Whether that recruitment is good or bad is not down to Carol.
She’s appointed a football person in Flitcroft to make the decisions on the football side of things, then there’s the manager and staff.  She isn’t picking the team or coaching the players.  Plus having owned the football club for a few years now she probably knows more about running a real football club the you and me put together.
These are all facts.  Come back when you’ve got something sensible to say rather than the crap you’re currently spouting.

Buck stops at the top, I'm afraid.

Since when?

9 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Not picking on you because we have been at each others throats. I'm not a hoof ball fan but if we play with 2 strikers and we are launching it in their half / area, it would mean that we are getting into the danger zone loads more than we are currently doing and giving the opposition defence & keeper more work to do, surely?

With the games that we did win, I thought we were rather fortunate in some of those wins & draws in which  Jason Lowe (might have been Iacovitti)  after the game v Derby also eluded too

Brian - thanks for that...I honestly bear no grudges and will respect someone else's opposite view to mine, as long as it is opinion, and not made up to suit an agenda. You say we've been fortunate to win some of the games...equally I'd say we've been unfortunate to lose some of those that we have? The problem with  launching the ball up to 2 strikers is that it has to stick with those 2 to allow midfield to catch up. Otherwise it just comes back into our half!

9 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Why can’t we have tactics where we incorporate both styles of play as and when it’s required. Especially if the opposition can’t deal with a particular style of play. As Shankly stated ‘ the ball moves faster than man’. However we manage to not take advantage of this by holding the ball up and allowing the opposition to re group. I just wish AC would wake up and smell the coffee for his own sake. I and many others thought we’d measure his ability as a manager at Christmas, but we probably already know the answer now. 

I agree - but how much of that is coaching, and how much down to on-field decision-making? Coaching can only do so much - players have to be reactive during the game and make those decisions? 

8 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

Quite simply we caught sides out with our new style ,Burton worked it out and since then we have picked up virtually no points, 3 points from 33 isn't very good is it ?

Reminds me of the Bruno era and we all know how that ended up.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

It's no coincidence that we stopped getting points as the injury list lengthened. There is a correlation there!/

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 1 said:

We need to play 3 behind a target man. This 2 10s malarkey is toothless. If the formation doesn’t change, the results don’t change. If the results don’t change, the manager will change.

The 2 #10's behind a striker means we are so narrow up top. There's never any width to stretch teams out. It's always really congested in our attack, and easy to defend against if the opposition stay narrow too.

That's just how I see it anyway.

And to score 1 goal from open play (3 in total) in 9 games shows something isn't working.

Trouble is, we haven't really got the players to play any other way!

Ripley

Sang - Debrah - Yak - Attacking LB

Ojo - Blaster

Right winger - Devine/Garrity - Plant

Uche

Something like that would be worth a try for me?

6 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

It would've helped if so early in the season we'd had cover for injuries and also we hadn't gambled on so many injury plagued players, we arnt the only club that gets injuries.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

2 year deal for sicknote Jones and 6 month deal for sicknote Wilson. 

Coupled with a gamble on Grant. 

Wasn't great was it. 

• Like 3