onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

I wonder if £25 will be the cheapest league cup quarter final price for a long time? Wouldn't like those moaning about the price running my business!  I think there is a myth amongst Vale fans that there is no money in the area. I am a golf coach and have a full diary until mid Dec. Most of these are working class guys. I also sell 5 sets of irons a week (at least) at £1200+ a set. There is plenty of money out there . The attendance will show that those who want to charge less will have actually cost the club money if they had it their way 

Edited by WV
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Advert

16 minutes ago, smithie said:

If this game had been away at Man United and £30 a ticket we'd still have taken 7/8000 fans. 

No-one has to buy food or drink at the ground. They can get organized and eat/drink before coming. They've got 6 weeks to think about that, and that gives them plenty of time to save up for tickets. 

If it's floating fans you want, Saturday was £15 and we had barely 4000 in attendance.

Man City Away in the FA Cup was only about £15 if I recall?

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

I assume it is a joint decision with Middlesborough, semi finals maybe Prem prices?

It will be an agreed ticket price with Boro but we preach about community and have inflated prices for a cup game Xmas week which will restrict the attendance because  its community who cannot afford to attend. Sad.

Edited by MBE

Right let's look at it this way objectively .

Under 12s if have a season ticket in hamil pay 0 pounds for 23 games .

The families of these kids have to buy there kids the shirts then pay for away games not home .

They are asked to pay some money no more than 7/8 times a season max for cup games which are generally reasonably priced mostly .

Surely for a big cup tie they will pay for there kids to attend if the kids want to go .

The problem is and I guess that's why there has been a angry response on X if you have a 18 year old a 15 and a 14 year old that's a lot of coin you gotta find a week before Xmas so I can understand the adult prices but not the concessions .

Let's hope it doesn't deter too many folk from going .

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

26 minutes ago, smithie said:

What price would have tempted you into going? 

Should be no more than £20 for an adult and £10 concessions. I really think the club have shot themselves in the foot with this one and will struggle to get a full house from Vale fans that a QF game deserves. Shame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I don't understand what the club is thinking here.

At these prices I won't be attending the game Xmas week, I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Looking at this through business eyes, the club are probably thinking... we've made a Major Cup QF & have barely made a penny from the run so far, based on the prize money being so low. We've pulled out Boro & there will be no TV money.

Let's take a punt on the fact alot of Vale fans will find the extra few quid to see their club in a major cup QF at home v a side who we could potentially beat & reach a 2 x legged Semi Final. Away end will sell out, so that's around 75K pocketed straight away. 

I think they've taken a punt knowing there will be alot of pissed off people, who will ultimately buy a ticket because it's a match they cannot miss.

For what it's worth, I do think it's been pitched a little too high. £10 & £20 would've worked. But from the clubs perspective, they've then got to get a gate circa 15K to make the same amount of money from gate receipts, as they will do based on 10K paying the prices they have released today.

I get it. I'll be saving up some money & putting it towards tickets for me & the kids. I wouldn't miss it for the world. & that's what the club have banked on!

• Like 5

No problem with the core adult price, but should a 7 year old be getting charged the same as a 63 year old? Why should a working age adult have to pay £40 for themselves and their school age kid to attend whilst someone in their 60s pays £15 to attend the last 8 of the league cup? Nasty junior pricing for me. Make the 62+ year olds pay £20 and under 19s (not 16s) pay £10.

17 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Man City Away in the FA Cup was only about £15 if I recall?

Yep ...and many people would have spent £100 upwards with travel and booze etc. Remember we sold 8000, so what would be the reason for not getting at least that many for a game we have far more chance of winning in? 

Just now, smithie said:

Yep ...and many people would have spent £100 upwards with travel and booze etc. Remember we sold 8000, so what would be the reason for not getting at least that many for a game we have far more chance of winning in? 

It wasn't played Xmas week though which makes a huge difference.

16 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

No problem with the core adult price, but should a 7 year old be getting charged the same as a 63 year old? Why should a working age adult have to pay £40 for themselves and their school age kid to attend whilst someone in their 60s pays £15 to attend the last 8 of the league cup? Nasty junior pricing for me. Make the 62+ year olds pay £20 and under 19s (not 16s) pay £10.

The proof of the pudding will be in the attendance and I've no doubt we'll sell out. 

• Like 1