onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

Advert

4 hours ago, worldsendvalefan said:

My point is that people in all parts are struggling. I just get annoyed when people in Stoke think they are worse off than other parts of the country. Yet when it comes to buying or renting a property it is far easier and cheaper to get on the housing ladder compared to other places. I do agree that wherever you are it can be difficult. But people who rent or have a mortgage in North Staffs will have more disposable income.
I just don't think the argument that the club shouldn't put prices up because of poor Stoke-on-trent holds water. Especially when it is a small increase.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

And what makes me angry is that many people whom are from the Home counties and London are socially cleansed but relocated to outer areas where there are huge pockets of relative deprivation. £25500 is the Joseph Rowntree foundation income for a single person to have a comfortable lifestyle, yet many jobs in the Stoke area pay no where near that.

People unable to access the housing market because of low wages out priced by the many moving here on London wages and paying above the odds due to their level of income thus pricing the local person out even further.

The so called Leveling up strategy by the Tory government is an absolute sham and until they level the London wages with the rest of the country we are heading for deeper and larger inequality

37 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

And what makes me angry is that many people whom are from the Home counties and London are socially cleansed but relocated to outer areas where there are huge pockets of relative deprivation. £25500 is the Joseph Rowntree foundation income for a single person to have a comfortable lifestyle, yet many jobs in the Stoke area pay no where near that.

People unable to access the housing market because of low wages out priced by the many moving here on London wages and paying above the odds due to their level of income thus pricing the local person out even further.

The so called Leveling up strategy by the Tory government is an absolute sham and until they level the London wages with the rest of the country we are heading for deeper and larger inequality

I can assure you that working class people in the home counties are not any better off than people living in Stoke and have less access to the housing market because of the price of housing and renting, Someone working for Tescos in Aylesbury does not earn a penny more than one working in Stoke. If you think people are been priced out in Stoke you have no idea of the prices down here. Believe it or not the minimum wage is the same down here as up in Stoke.

Those people who are moved out of London to be relocated are done so because there is no social housing for them. They don't come up on high wages most are single parent families with little or no income so they won't be pricing anyone out.

I do agree with you though the Tory government levelling up strategy is a sham and wages need increasing. But these great London wages you think people get paid is restricted to the those that work in the City of London itself and not many of them are moving to Stoke. 

I do apologise I have dragged a debate over Vale Park prices into something else. So I will shut up on the subject now

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, worldsendvalefan said:

I can assure you that working class people in the home counties are not any better off than people living in Stoke and have less access to the housing market because of the price of housing and renting, Someone working for Tescos in Aylesbury does not earn a penny more than one working in Stoke. If you think people are been priced out in Stoke you have no idea of the prices down here. Believe it or not the minimum wage is the same down here as up in Stoke.

Those people who are moved out of London to be relocated are done so because there is no social housing for them. They don't come up on high wages most are single parent families with little or no income so they won't be pricing anyone out.

I do agree with you though the Tory government levelling up strategy is a sham and wages need increasing. But these great London wages you think people get paid is restricted to the those that work in the City of London itself and not many of them are moving to Stoke. 

I do apologise I have dragged a debate over Vale Park prices into something else. So I will shut up on the subject now

I suspect what he was referring to was the number moving to the area in their early 60s and buying homes on the periphery of Stoke. Both my neighbours have moved up from London in the last 4 years and both are nice people. It has led to quite high localised house price inflation in semi rural areas on the periphery.  The issue is national and caused by a lack of house building (often due to government policies) combined with large net migration inflows well above our housing capacity. I'm lucky in having no mortgage but even supporters with families living in what appear quite nice areas were already struggling as their basic mortgage debt was high, add on higher interest rates and there's very little left. For the less well paid the situation is even worse. I'm fortunate that I've earned enough compared to my mortgage over the last 35 years to never consider going to a football match a luxury. For an increasing percentage of families it currently is. That has been exacerbated in parts of the city by an inflow of people who cashed in on housing gains in the South East, which I fully understand and accept.  I do think the club have now done the right thing, I also suspect if they hadn't there would have been many empty seats.

• Like 1

So club have given in too the moaning which is fair enough .

I don't know how much we make from having a full house but it needs be for sure 

Hoping if your a season ticket holder  you can bring one extra as its only fair if you are that you can have the privileges as that why we stump the money up front .

I'm.sure everyone will get a ticket anyway .

I think also if you have been every league cup  game as the club know what games you have attended as you on a data base then should class them folk as same as season ticket holders to get there tickets also .

Make sure the loyal fans in the poor crowds get there's first.

1876 members also because let's face it we all being here where we can only pick and choose our games through work etc and other commitments 

Folk who rarely go but turn up if so eyeing something  big riding on it last in the queue .

Only fair be surprised if everybody doesn't get a ticket though I'd expect every one who wants go to get there hands on those golden Valiants tickets v Middlesboro. 

Lets hope we sell out .

Bit harsh on folks who've paid for membership, but are below in the pecking order than someone who's mates with a ST holder but hasn't been since Man C away... I'm sure they'll be some members out there who won't be mates with a ST holder to buy them a ticket.

I wonder how many tickets will be available in the Paddock for non-season ticket holders? Will Paddock STs be able to buy for friends and family in the same stand that they sit in?

• Like 2

On 06/11/2023 at 19:56, JoeB2 said:

Going about this completely the wrong way.

Slagging off 'casuals', 'fairweathers', or kids who simply haven't been able to get anyone in their family interested enough to take them to Sutton at home isn't the route to growing the fanbase. The fans we need to grow the club are not going to attend Fleetwood in the Carabao 1st round. They might attend Boro in the Quarter Final if the buzz is there and the price is fair.

£25 is steep but, whatever, we have notice and I know the money stays in the club. Carol's making us self-sufficient and we're a business at the end of the day, not a charity.

The issue is that the club should be getting as many youngsters through the door as possible. We simply have to increase the number of young people who choose to go to Port Vale on a Saturday - there's nowhere near enough and we're only just beginning to recover from the lost decade from 2008-2018. You do that by making memories

Kids for a £5, under the lights, electric atmosphere for a massive cup game and the potential of a semi final. Swindon and Wembley made great progress. We need another magical night.

Instead, a family of 4 forks out £80 before parking, food, and drink during the most expensive week of the year. We've aimed to maximise revenue from the existing fanbase rather than use it as an opportunity to attract some newbies, which (considering we're now self-sufficient) is the only route to moving upwards. We've played it safe - which is of course their call - but could be a missed opportunity if its a special one.

To summarise, make it cheap for kids, get round the schools promoting it, win 5-0. 

So after pages and pages of fans saying how disgusting and ungrateful it is to point out that pricing U18s out of a potential memory-maker was 'Not Ideal Business Acumen', the club have agreed and have dropped prices for U18s!

Glad to see common sense prevail. Let's get as many folk in as we can, and hopefully make a few more fans who will buy STs next season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

So after pages and pages of fans saying how disgusting and ungrateful it is to point out that pricing U18s out of a potential memory-maker was 'Not Ideal Business Acumen', the club have agreed and have dropped prices for U18s!

Glad to see common sense prevail. Let's get as many folk in as we can, and hopefully make a few more fans who will buy STs next season.

Thought price drop was just for U12’s Joe?  I agree with your sentiment though even if 13-21 year olds are still paying more and those 62 and over paying less than the standard match day prices. Would be interesting to know what demographic profile for attendance the club used when considering the pricing structure - the play-off semi, Derby at home last season?  Being honest I don’t believe the overall attendance will be affected even after this change, think it will still be a sell out either way just the make up of the crowd will possibly be slightly different.

7 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Thought price drop was just for U12’s Joe?  I agree with your sentiment though even if 13-21 year olds are still paying more and those 62 and over paying less than the standard match day prices. Would be interesting to know what demographic profile for attendance the club used when considering the pricing structure - the play-off semi, Derby at home last season?  Being honest I don’t believe the overall attendance will be affected even after this change, think it will still be a sell out either way just the make up of the crowd will possibly be slightly different.

Max Factor rather than Boots No7? 🙂

• Haha 1

We need get behind the team massively for this game, create an atmosphere similar to Swindon. There's been a lot of talk for and against the Hamil switch, even bickering about which is better, Hamil or Railway. Who cares. Lets just focus on improving the atmosphere with what we've got.

Years ago we used to sing, Johnny Rudges Black n White Army, they're so good it's unbelievable...then it changed to P.V.F.C. and it's never been the same since, we race through it so quick it dies off after a couple of attempts. The P.V.F.C is to blame. Why don't we just go with Andy Crosby's Black n White Army on repeat, but interchange between Hamil and Railway. It will help to control the pace so the chant could go on for ages. That was what used to be great about it. Will never forget Liverpool away in the league Cup, it went on for what felt like 30 minutes and got everyone involved, dropping off and picking back up again at times.

Would sound brilliant if it worked.

Edited by Family Stand Terrier
  • Like 1

1876 memberships have been advertised with the following incentive:

Priority access to all in-demand home and away tickets before they are released on general sale, following the access period to Season Ticket holders.

They've sold 1876 memberships on the basis they give priority, after season ticket holders, for all high profile matches, only for the club to reach a quarter final and 1876 members receive zero priority. It seems mates of season ticket holders are at the front of the queue instead. 

Since the advertised benefits clearly aren't being honoured, will the club be issuing refunds for every 1876 membership they've mis-sold? 

Edited by lydiatevaliant
  • Like 2