onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

Just now, JRC said:

The two signed yesterday look good signings, I'm reasonably confident both will improve the team from a week ago and would have improved the team prior to the loans leaving. Uche is a loss, although that isn't the fault of the recruitment team. The real loss has been Devine and Arblaster.  Devine was patchy when he played as a 10, so I don't think we are any worse with Weir or Mighton playing there. Devine and Arblaster we both very good in that sitting role. Against Portsmouth Gore and Weir together looked a bit lost. I thought Weir looked better when Sang replaced Gore. Really the determinant of whether it's been a good window or not will be if Gore can perform for most of his loan at the level of the two we lost. I think all of us are hoping something will be announced on the striker front. 

Thomas, Bulmer, McDermott,  Cass and Conlon hasn't made the first 11 weaker.  With the current injuries I'd have kept Conlon but the manager was selecting Walters ahead of him. 

I am waiting till midday to see if this has been another bad one.  We lost some good players back to their own clubs and a couple who didn't make it like we hoped they would.  Cass going out on loan and Conlon being moved on was always going to happen.

The shock one was McDermott moving on.  But hopefully that money will help bring through younger players to become Vale stars.

What will make it a bad one is if there are no striker(s) coming in.  Just can't see where goals are going to come from with our front players, be that because they don't get the service from wingers/midfield.   Worried Willo will breakdown and then we are truly up <ovf censored> creek.

The two loanees coming in look on paper they will enhance the side.  Their fans are not happy they have gone, which is a good sign.  See if they are played in their best positions or not. 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

If that is it im genuinely shocked a whole month to bring in a wing back and striker and we dont bring in either?????

Sorry I am not shocked if that happens.  Flickers will come out with - their agents wanted more than the 3 buttons and paper clip we are willing to pay.  We have a wage structure and will not bend from it.  

Is it a bit short sighted when we are in our position in the league.  Where it is looking more likely we will be relegated.  Yes we have a couple of games in hand - but you have to win them - can't see that happening.

This may be an expensive mistake by the club to use this approach or a very wise one.  Time will tell.  I hope the later.

If we go down then it will be an expensive one and Carol and Kevin will have to dig deep to get us out of Div 2,  Other clubs (most - a part from Reading by the looks of it) have tried to strengthen to try and get out of the relegation zone.

The joys of being a Vale Fan.  Never easy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Sorry I am not shocked if that happens.  Flickers will come out with - their agents wanted more than the 3 buttons and paper clip we are willing to pay.  We have a wage structure and will not bend from it.  

Is it a bit short sighted when we are in our position in the league.  Where it is looking more likely we will be relegated.  Yes we have a couple of games in hand - but you have to win them - can't see that happening.

This may be an expensive mistake by the club to use this approach or a very wise one.  Time will tell.  I hope the later.

If we go down then it will be an expensive one and Carol and Kevin will have to dig deep to get us out of Div 2,  Other clubs (most - a part from Reading by the looks of it) have tried to strengthen to try and get out of the relegation zone.

The joys of being a Vale Fan.  Never easy.

I'm no longer convinced we're even trying to get a striker.

Plenty of them moved in this window and to clubs who are certainly no better off than us.

It's been an issue for so long now it's gone way past a joke.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

Would it be unreasonable for Flitcroft to offer an explanation as to the utter failure to sign a striker ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Yes, l think it would be unreasonable. For those of us old enough to remember, club staff were never under this scrutiny before the internet came along. 

The world has gone mad. 

• Like 5

I’m waiting for the line, ‘we worked hard all window and had a quality striker to sign but couldn’t get it over the line’. I’ve got no sympathy, we’re leaving it too late every window. We have needed forwards since our first summer in league, same for a LWB. Yet leave it this late to try and remedy this. Deserve everything we get. Every side has strengthened and I think we are weaker than earlier in the season. 

• Like 1

I'm giving them till midday today. I'm sure as long as your paperwork was filed by 11 last night the ratification can follow.

I'm hoping in the face of overwhelming evidence that Flitcroft has done his job and got us someone and it's just held up at the FA.
There is no chance they could keep it quiet, news would have broken from the selling club last night.

Think we're all in denial, reality is the club has failed again to bring in a striker or LWB.

We are now in a very real relegation battle.

Well done the recruitment team, all that hard word undone.
  • Like 4