onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Bj is right about Uche. At 2.55 pm he wasn't even in the squad. Dumped completely. Despite the cult chanting he'd offered next to nothing ( so equal to Loft ). 

However since the more direct style he's looked a different proposition. As has our attacking play as a whole.

Play direct Uche is an asset. Play tippy tappy he's anonymous. 

I think that’s going to be the case with most strikers we have. That style is never going to have a striker scoring 20+. If you have a player like Uche you have to play to his strengths, if not he’s no good. For me, I don’t see loft offering anything even if we play to his ‘strengths’ (no idea what they are) I thought we needed a striker in this window, if he goes we need two (and not more loans) 

• Like 2

Advert

3 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Let's hope it's nonsense .

If he  fetching Vale 1 million because players who can do what he can do are worth the entrance fee alone then fair enough but a packet of hariboes and a academy player who I could brush off the ball No thanks 

Can we offer a packet of Haribos with Loft as the makeweight ?

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

True but he has turned it around. At the moment given our options he is vital up top. To me it looks like we have paid for him to get fit for another club and we’re left with loft and some other numpty we sign last minute on deadline day who’s scored 12 goals in 200 games. Or another kid on loan. 

So loft deserves exactly the same game time to give it a chance of turning it around

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

He was better than loft. He at least put himself about. I genuinely don’t know what loft has done yet. Loft is <ovf censored> and has been throughout his career. 

Uche was man of the match v Charlton. He has come back to the club after a period of not playing and has worked up to speed. Having invested in him to get to this stage I'm keen he stays at least to the end of the season. Whether he can be kept on longer must surely depend on wage expectations. I'm not keen on us going after the holy grail of the prolific striker. For example, Stockton pretended to be in that category and Burton soon found out that actually he's ..mmmm

• Like 3

Strange transfer business by Charlton if they want to sign Uche, they gone from wanting guaranteed goals in Clarke-Harris rejecting them, someone who will get you 20 - 25 goals a season to going for Uche, a player who will be lucky to get you 5.

Whilst not been a massive Uche fan, he has improved of late but one goal which was a mistake by the Charlton keeper is a poor return for a striker, regardless of his other strengths.  For me if you are a striker, the minimum I would expect would be double figures.  If he is to go however, we have to go out and get 2 strikers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Strange transfer business by Charlton if they want to sign Uche, they gone from wanting guaranteed goals in Clarke-Harris rejecting them, someone who will get you 20 - 25 goals a season to going for Uche, a player who will be lucky to get you 5.

Whilst not been a massive Uche fan, he has improved of late but one goal which was a mistake by the Charlton keeper is a poor return for a striker, regardless of his other strengths.  For me if you are a striker, the minimum I would expect would be double figures.  If he is to go however, we have to go out and get 2 strikers.

Sometimes though it's not necessarily the goals. He could really help Alfie May.

Look at Emile Heskey. Often derided. Picked by numerous England managers for what he offered to the team as a whole rather than pure stats. 

Uche and Clarke-Harris are totally different players. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Sometimes though it's not necessarily the goals. He could really help Alfie May.

Look at Emile Heskey. Often derided. Picked by numerous England managers for what he offered to the team as a whole rather than pure stats. 

Uche and Clarke-Harris are totally different players. 

Don't disagree about being a good foil for Alfie May but seems strange on their part to try and go and get an out finisher and then having that fall through to go for the exact opposite.

17 minutes ago, Wozza4England said:

Strange you should say that. Loft has 20 appearances for Vale, Uche has 17. 🤐

fair point, but just give him a run of say 10 starts to see how he gells - then if he is crap, he is crap 👍👍👍

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Not sure that's quite right mate ?

Wasn't named amongst subs. You don't have a fitness test at half 2 and then join the bench ? Rules and regs apply surely?

The rules are you name your side after 2pm to the media but to the ref at 1345. He was on the bench on the team sheet we gave the referee. He must have been on the team sheet given to the ref, as that includes substitutes. If a player does get injured in the warm up referees can allow a change. However there is a EFL investigation to ensue it is a "Bona Fide" medical situation. If not then the player is classed as an ineligible player, with all the sanctions. However that's not relevant as we added Uche which isn't allowed.

He missed the Wycombe game because he was sick. It was talked about in the commentary. I suspect there was an error made when the team was released to the local media (they do it on fancy paper) and they announced the team they anticipated playing and had prepared in advance. The team sheet given to Barnsley is a duplicate of the one for the referee and handed over at the same time, 1345. 

Edited by JRC

Just now, Hoppers said:

fair point, but just give him a run of say 10 starts to see how he gells - then if he is crap, he is crap 👍👍👍

If he’d shown anything at all to make me believe there’s a League one footballer in there I’d agree with you but, IMO, he is crap! I actually think Crosby feels that giving Loft 10 starts could cost him his job.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1