onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Weir signings a very good one better quality than quantity .

Could do with 2 more defenders one from non league who leads and maybe one like Ronnie Edwards of Peterborough. 

Need to improve that area for sure .

Cannot keep giving the amount of chances we do gamely from non dangerous phases of play from opposition its too easy for opposition to score .

So let's do some business move some on and have new beginnings with new hungry to succeed players 

Advert

2 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Weir signings a very good one better quality than quantity .

Could do with 2 more defenders one from non league who leads and maybe one like Ronnie Edwards of Peterborough. 

Need to improve that area for sure .

Cannot keep giving the amount of chances we do gamely from non dangerous phases of play from opposition its too easy for opposition to score .

So let's do some business move some on and have new beginnings with new hungry to succeed players 

We got alarmingly played through v Charlton. But the biggest issue is giving the ball away. That ruined the whole night v Middlesbrough. 

4 hours ago, wootter said:

Anyone who calls a professional footballer useless clearly has no idea how difficult it is to become one !

i know there are levels but anyone who makes it are in the top few percent in the world at football

It's weird thinking about it. Allowing for the fact that the top 2 leagues possibly have 3 very good 'keepers per team and supposing that the best players get signed by a professional club, that still means that (for example) Aidan Stone was one of the best 200 goalies in the entire UK.

Can’t see us getting a centre back unless one leaves. By my count we have 7, DJ not far off a return and Debrah only short term, that means everyone will be available. Cass obviously looks to moving so that might mean he can be replaced.

12 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

It's weird thinking about it. Allowing for the fact that the top 2 leagues possibly have 3 very good 'keepers per team and supposing that the best players get signed by a professional club, that still means that (for example) Aidan Stone was one of the best 200 goalies in the entire UK.

Perhaps one of the top 50 if it's just English goalkeepers

On 11/01/2024 at 18:04, Nippy Naylor said:

To be honest I think Thomas looked lively against reading first home game of the season, pace to burn and put himself about , just wasn't crosbys cup of tea , tho  

He did look good on occasions but often when starting or coming on as a sub did little of note and it just meant we couldn`t keep the ball up front so I could understand why Crosby didn`t always use him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

Update from Alan Nixon on Jake Young this morning that Carlisle are in as well as ourselves and Exeter. Reportedly Bradford want £200k for him. Amazing what one decent spell in your career can do for your asking price even if he is still pretty young.

Personally I think he will end up going for around 150k and a sell on,I have no idea what we have available but considering we were linked with a move for Stockton last season for around 150k would Young be worth taking the risk on for a similar fee?? He is young and has potential to make us money in the future

16 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Personally I think he will end up going for around 150k and a sell on,I have no idea what we have available but considering we were linked with a move for Stockton last season for around 150k would Young be worth taking the risk on for a similar fee?? He is young and has potential to make us money in the future

Yeah that sounds about right. I’ll just say though I hope (and am sure they are) the likes of Flitcroft are taking note for when it comes to setting an asking price for Garrity. I’ve said before set the asking price at a million for his production over a much longer period of time and make other clubs work toward us.

Incidentally with Stockton his name has been circulated to other clubs by Burton. Stevenage and Charlton (now JCH seems to have stalled) linked so far.

Also Fleetwood want Jack Marriott off the wage bill. Suspect it might not be the profile of player we’d go for but any takers there?

Edited by Guppys left peg

After Weir's two successful seasons in League1, many of us Brighton fans were a bit disappointed that he didn't get a loan at the next level up this season. The Blackpool loan was a bit of a disaster - right from the start the manager seemed reluctant to pick him, let alone give him a run of games. Fair enough in a way - they're doing pretty well - but the feeling is that it wasn't a failing on Weir's part that lead to his recall.
Ten goals from midfield (almost a quarter of their goals tally) in a struggling side suggests that he's plenty good enough for League1, so hopefully he'll have a good half season playing for you. Quite a memorable start for him yesterday, eh?! Good luck for the rest of the season.
Nice one. He's been got in to cover Garrity who himself had 10 goals this season so far but is now out injured till March.
Weir made a couple of good passes yesterday and looked calm and capable before the dramas of yesterday unravelled.
The seagulls are a prime example of what can be achieved from being on the brink. Was it 1999 you almost went out of the leagues? What the club has achieved since then is nothing short of brilliant and good luck to you
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Yeah that sounds about right. I’ll just say though I hope (and am sure they are) the likes of Flitcroft are taking note for when it comes to setting an asking price for Garrity. I’ve said before set the asking price at a million for his production over a much longer period of time and make other clubs work toward us.

Incidentally with Stockton his name has been circulated to other clubs by Burton. Stevenage and Charlton (now JCH seems to have stalled) linked so far.

Also Fleetwood want Jack Marriott off the wage bill. Suspect it might not be the profile of player we’d go for but any takers there?

I remember jack Marriott at derby a few years ago , A pacy forward , skilfull and good goalscorer be a good fit at Vale .