onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

26 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Dunner worry vale1995 we are in good hands with Bing and flitcroft I'm sure they have got some irons in the fire .😆👍

Have they changed trades and now blacksmiths.  🤣

You would hope the recruitment team and AC and Flits have a list and working through it.  But going on other Jan windows, we ended up broke or worse players than before.

49 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:
Desperate is never a good look during transfer windows...

Spot on RZ. Look how well last summer and January went when we waited till the last knockings to "maximise the value available". I wonder what Matty Taylor or Mipo are up too these days. 

Edited by Walka003
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Spot on RZ. Look how well last summer and January went when we waited till the last knockings to "maximise the value available". I wonder what Matty Taylor or Mipo are up too these days. 

Mipo is playing for Maritimo in Portugal.

• Thanks 1

Mipo is playing for Maritimo in Portugal.
I know, yet to play a minute yet. He was more an illustration that this point that "fast business is bad business" that gets banded around on here every transfer window is rubbish. We wait an age most windows and seem to end up with tripe most times.

31 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Mipo was an August signing. 

13 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:
Mipo was an August signing. 

Perhaps I should have said McCarron instead, he was deadline day wasn't he?

No 👎. Because i remember him at Derby away in October. 

Either way. January is notoriously a time for other people's cast offs. 

On 03/01/2024 at 06:53, valeparklife said:

Those punts all sound very Peterborough-esque!

I would throw Lewis Fiorini's name into the mix too as a replacement for Arblaster if we could. Surprisingly still at Man City.

Excellent for Lincoln in L1 but didn't get much game time at Blackpool in the Championship.

Nevermind, he's gone to Charlton.

The first week of the transfer window has seen many of the rival teams in our fight against relegation strengthen their squads or even change their manager. 

We've had no ins or outs as yet this week. We're significantly weaker since Arblaster was recalled. 

From what I've seen, around 80 to 90% of loan signings are rubbish and have very little impact. The odd one that is decent leave after a few short successful months anyway. 

I'd much rather see us developing our own youth players. Arblaster and Devine have been the exceptions, but we must surely be able to find our own youth team players that are equal to (or hopefully better than) the likes of Balmer, Mipo, Mcarron, Small, etc...

The last time I saw Walters play (was it in the first half against Barnsley?) I thought that the rest of the team noticeably bypassed him and didn't pass to him at all. Did anyone else think that? 

I really hope that our club learn from previous January windows!

UTV!