onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

23 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I think Conlon is done. It's sad how it's panned out as 2 years ago he was our best player. 

Possibly too laborious for the way we try and play now. And if he couldn't make the bench v Barnsley then when will he . 

Yeah I expect you’re probably right but if I remember rightly Funso is out for a few weeks too so maybe it could delay letting him go. Either way though the club have a whole window to address this in some form now so I’m not having any excuses from them on this, they will have known there was a risk of this as there is with any loanee so should have options lined up. If there is a bit of hope on it regardless what people think of recruitment in other positions our recruitment of midfielders has been pretty good overall since Flitcroft came to the club.

Edited by Guppys left peg

Shame RE Arblaster but was always going to happen. This is the danger with loans. Fantastic player and one of the best I’ve seen play for vale period. Destined for big things and I hope he makes it big. Going to be tough to replace him in Jan. I think we saw the state of our midfield without him in recent weeks. (And Ojo) 

Edited by valiant_593

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I think Conlon is done. It's sad how it's panned out as 2 years ago he was our best player. 

Possibly too laborious for the way we try and play now. And if he couldn't make the bench v Barnsley then when will he . 

I think the writing was on the wall once he had his shirt number taken off him. Now he can’t even make the bench when we have a lot of injuries which clearly says that Crosby isn’t having him. Wouldnt be surprised to see him off to Cheltenham in January. 

55 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Arblaster going back is a huge loss to our survival hopes.

It’s a shame, he’s been good for us. But equally he’s also been playing in a side doing poorly so Im not convinced he’s as pivotal to us staying up or not as people may think. He can’t do it on his own. Hes a loan who was always going to go back given factors like how Sheffield are doing, how well he’s played individually, the big injury he just suffered and how the mood has turned here too. Now we need other players to step up to the plate or we bring in someone as good in January. 

Edited by PV1973

Absolutely gutted to see the expected recall of Ollie. 

In his short stint, he’s perhaps cemented himself as one of the most talented to pull on a Vale shirt. 

I’ll be surprised if that boy doesn’t pull on an England shirt at some point.

Best of luck, Ollie! 

On the flip side, what a hammer blow for us. He will be sorely missed in that midfield, as he was integral on how we wanted to play. 

Flitcroft and the recruitment excelled on this one, down to them again to find a suitable replacement - I’d imagine they’ve been looking since the minute we signed him. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Is this an opportunity for Sang in centre midfield 🤔

Swear had seen he’s picked up an injury though no idea how serious. I’d like to see it though. The other thing if we can find a natural LWB in this window gives us an option to move Grant centrally too I guess.

I’d go with Alfie in Oli’s role and then that frees up the option to maybe put Willo into one of those number 10 positions maybe? That’s of course assuming we are wedded to this formation which seems to be the case.

Edited by Guppys left peg

7 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Swear had seen he’s picked up an injury though no idea how serious. I’d like to see it though. The other thing if we can find a natural LWB in this window gives us an option to move Grant centrally too I guess.

I’d go with Alfie in Oli’s role and then that frees up the option to maybe put Willo into one of those number 10 positions maybe? That’s of course assuming we are wedded to this formation which seems to be the case.

Sangs got either achilles problem or hamstring problem. I can not remember which but i'm leaning towards achilles.

The one issue I can see, if we play Devine in the same position, like we did in the 2nd half v Barnsley and Blackpool had a scout at the game, then they will make sure that he will not have all that time on the ball like he did the other day.

I think we always knew Ollie would go back so no shock from me,clearly the best loan we have had in a very long time and far to good for League One imo.

The good thing i guess to come out of these loans(Ollie and Alfie) is that Sheff Utd and Tottenham could be open to ket us have other young players(do they have any of note?)

The best of luck to the lad anyway

• Like 2