onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Complaining to the Club

Family Stand Terrier

10 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

The naivety, or denial is from those that don't accept that those that create an atmosphere predominantly stand up. Am I wrong to say that?

Yes I go to away games. On more than one occasion last season home fans were singing "how <ovf censored> must you be, you sit down away". Care, don't care, it happens. It's also all over social media when photos of our away support are posted. Again, care, don't care, I'm just pointing out it happens.

I sat near the front of the Hamil on Tuesday. Celebrated Garrity's equaliser, stood up to sing best on earth and got shouted at to sit down by someone who never sung a note all game. I sat down, but it really pissed me off at the time. It was seconds after the goal. Some people go out of their way to antagonise and provoke a response. I didn't react.

Not going around in circles again, I've laid out my opinion clearly so won't respond in that sense anymore. Think there are some potential solutions to explore so everyone is happy.

In the immediate aftermath of a goal you'd be entitled to tell someone to jolly well clear off (or words to that effect) if they try and get you to sit down. 

We really have got some absolute plums in our support.

Advert

21 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Celebrated Garrity's equaliser, stood up to sing best on earth and got shouted at to sit down by someone who never sung a note all game

Christ, state of them. Was it this pair sat behind you?

14 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Given all you’ve said about atmosphere, standing up and singing why did you sit at the front of the Hamil?  I don’t think you thought that one through.

Number of reasons. The singing section behind the goal was sold out. I wanted to sit at the end of a row with my daughter. And she wanted to get on telly 🤣 so we went to the right of the goal if you look from the pitch. She's 14, don't ask.

Not sure where to pose this question. It relates to the closure of the toilets in the RP. At the beginning of the season in the gents toilets, the sit down toilet had been removed, being replaced by more urinal space. Those wanting to use the sit down toilet, then had to use the porta loos, outside. For those with any building/stroke engineering knowledge, would the fact that the removal of the sit down toilet have weakened the roof of the toilets. As the sit down toilet had brick walls going from ground to ceiling.?

3 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Not sure where to pose this question. It relates to the closure of the toilets in the RP. At the beginning of the season in the gents toilets, the sit down toilet had been removed, being replaced by more urinal space. Those wanting to use the sit down toilet, then had to use the porta loos, outside. For those with any building/stroke engineering knowledge, would the fact that the removal of the sit down toilet have weakened the roof of the toilets. As the sit down toilet had brick walls going from ground to ceiling.?

Have you read this thread through?  They don’t want you to sit down now, they’d like you to stand.  It’s all about creating an atmosphere…….👍🏻

Lets make no mistake about if Vale are moving through the field with intent and purpose I'm probably one of the people folk moan about .

I find it very hard just sit there .

It's a emotional game for some folk it's everything ,me no but if I have paid my hard earned go watch them not accepting of defeats nor bad performances as I believe in life your levels in your job should always be to be better every day than the day before .

If you drop your standards you lose your income and your way of life whether your 16 or 52 you go out and give everything to your paid job even if rewards are poor .

A standing area be good but just a little bit of common sense on arrival at the stadium ..

If you are a person who wants sit there and nor be distracted/disturbed by the actions of your fella supporters front of you just ask politely do you mind moving as of someone said to me that I'd say no problem and I'd head to where the fans be singing etc .

No need report everyone _everything to the club in a negative way just all meet up in the concourse before hand and say like i singers and standers to left of goal people with kids who are passive quiet and just observational to the right .

Cause the way folk go on it could affect a supporters decision  whether attend or not .

In fact it comes across as Bullying telling folk what do when every different person has different emotions while games are being played .

People just have to unselfish and work to resolve this nonsense .

I went in the hamil (I'm from Railway stand )for the acoustics .

I'm there support Port Vale not be intimidated by others .

Everyone's paid there money .

We all have different feelings .

Find a way Vale to rid the matchday experiences these problems are causing to whoevers moaning about them .

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Like it or not VP right now is all seater and to the letter of the rules those fans that stand throughout the game are in the wrong so with this in mind should be respectful of those fans wishing to simply follow the rules and enjoy the game from their seated position, as has been the case since the seats were put in after the Taylor report.  If someone asks you to please sit down they’re actually well within their rights to do so.  Perhaps let that sink in a moment before coming on here and moaning yourself about this subject.

Also, I didn’t realise that it was impossible to sing and shout from a seated position, have to admit that’s a new one on me, and the suggestion that if I don’t stand throughout the game it will result in Vale Park becoming a library is just plain daft.

Moving on, the bigger picture of course is that the club have tacitly allowed standing at the back of the Hamil, but given the make up of the fans in the stand it’s a bit of a mess.  “Singers” (technically “standers”), families, ex-Bycars Enders (mute loners), and a mixture of normal fans from the other stands and some walk ups, all vying for their preferred seat with matters complicated  further by roof support posts and a senseless cordoned off section.

My stated view has been that it’ll take a couple of seasons for things to settle down, so a little common sense and consideration is required in the interim, which may mean moving back a row or two if you wish to stand, or forwards a row or two if you wish to sit.  Naturally this may prove difficult as people get attached to their seat and, more to the point, are generally selfish.

Ultimately in the short term some will move back out of the Hamil into the other stands, as is already the case, medium term we’ll have the whole of Lorne Street open, the suggestion being that’ll accommodate the families, by which time those left in the Hamil will no doubt have established who sits or stands where and lots of singing, standing and sitting in unison will ensue. Joy.

I agree. Plus Vale Park has been all seater since the old Lorne Street was knocked down, so at least a whole generation. The singing block is great but it isn’t that which is the issue. It is the selfish sod standing in the middle of the stand for 90 minutes, with his hands in his pockets, not making a sound who irritates me. 

15 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Number of reasons. The singing section behind the goal was sold out. I wanted to sit at the end of a row with my daughter. And she wanted to get on telly 🤣 so we went to the right of the goal if you look from the pitch. She's 14, don't ask.

Fair enough.  Having sat in a similar spot myself it’s worth keeping in mind that this is just the type of area where you’re likely to get the day trippers, which used to include families with free kids tickets in the Bycars.  You have to accept that these folk may not know many/any of the songs, so can’t join in, and won’t perhaps have the same passion as yourself and will simply want to sit and watch the game.  No idea if this was the case in this instance of course.  From what I’ve seen from where we sit that block is pretty lively all the way down to the front most games.

27 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

An internal brick wall would for sure support the roof even if it was not primarily a load bearing wall.

2 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

The naivety, or denial is from those that don't accept that those that create an atmosphere predominantly stand up. Am I wrong to say that?

Yes I go to away games. On more than one occasion last season home fans were singing "how <ovf censored> must you be, you sit down away". Care, don't care, it happens. It's also all over social media when photos of our away support are posted. Again, care, don't care, I'm just pointing out it happens.

I sat near the front of the Hamil on Tuesday. Celebrated Garrity's equaliser, stood up to sing best on earth and got shouted at to sit down by someone who never sung a note all game. I sat down, but it really pissed me off at the time. It was seconds after the goal. Some people go out of their way to antagonise and provoke a response. I didn't react.

Not going around in circles again, I've laid out my opinion clearly so won't respond in that sense anymore. Think there are some potential solutions to explore so everyone is happy.

Bang on mate next week there will be 3100 Bolton fans standing today as soon as the game starts 3/4 of the vale fans will sit downn fecking <ovf censored> 

27 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Bang on mate next week there will be 3100 Bolton fans standing today as soon as the game starts 3/4 of the vale fans will sit downn fecking <ovf censored> 

Generally speaking, the further south the away game the more silent and compliant the Vale following is.

3 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Screenshot_20230923-090635_Chrome.jpg

As evidenced by two people from different camps “liking” it. This seems to me to be a way forward, maybe making the blue area half as big again to accommodate walk ups and avoid selling season tickets there. The club if asked can always say, “there’s no standing but there is a singing section”and everyone would know what that meant.

Archived