onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Complaining to the Club

Family Stand Terrier

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Wasn't an apex roof with supporting steelwork? After 73 years in need of replacement, even if not the original. 

No they are all flat concrete roofs on al the toilet blocks.

we don’t know if it’s the concrete roof that has collapsed or just the suspended ceiling, just a guess, but I would think more likely the ceiling than a 6inch thick concrete roof.

Advert

13 minutes ago, Conrad said:

we don’t know if it’s the concrete roof that has collapsed or just the suspended ceiling, just a guess, but I would think more likely the ceiling than a 6inch thick concrete roof.

If it is the roof that’s collapsed, we’re very lucky it didn’t happen on a Match day.

Thanks, obviously it only the ceiling I have seen in the past. Hopefully, only the ceiling has collapsed. The roof would have been far more dangerous, possible Raac?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Can someone, especially at the club, advise why the two end sections by the police block are netted off ?  It makes no sense whatsover, Do they think the Railway fans are going to throw things at us ?  Or vice versa ? If it is just to store the Goal after the pre match kick about then MOVE IT to the Lorne Street Unused stand. For many many years the Railway singers have congregated at one end of the Stand near the Railway ...... So why not replicate that atmosphere.  My opinion is that the people who manage the stadium are divorced from the reality of being an avid football supporter . There implementations are more intune with that off a theatre . 

14 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

So much naivety in this post. Either that or just being contrary. Fully aware it's all seated, however, despite you being absolutely correct that fans can indeed sit and sing, you and I both know that the atmosphere in the vast majority of football grounds these days, comes from areas where fans predominantly stand. 

In this sense Vale are unlike most other clubs in this country. A lot of our fans simply don't want to be a part of an atmosphere. They don't want to stand, sing, bounce and basically vocally support the team. We are often ridiculed for most of our away support sitting down. We're one of very few teams that do it these days bar a few rows at the back. None of the big clubs sit at away matches, and none of the big clubs main atmosphere generating "ends" sit at home matches either. 

Without safe standing at Vale, I don't think we'll ever create the atmosphere a lot want to see, which is a shame, because we had the chance with the Hamil switch, but too many in there now just don't want to be a part of that, and don't want anyone around them to be either.

Atmosphere is normally created by the teams performance , 4-0 up playing well and all sitting down , the atmosphere will be a lot better than 4-0 down and everbody standng . 

28 minutes ago, pensioner said:

My opinion is that the people who manage the stadium are divorced from the reality of being an avid football supporter . There implementations are more intune with that off a theatre . 

Nailed it, that's how I see it. It's very hard to see a good reason why that end is sectioned off - it's for their convenience, not ours.   

I honestly can't think of another ground with a no-mans land between home and home fans!

2 hours ago, smithie said:

Nailed it, that's how I see it. It's very hard to see a good reason why that end is sectioned off - it's for their convenience, not ours.   

I honestly can't think of another ground with a no-mans land between home and home fans!

the stewards have to have a section to watch the match in. (they dont do much else)!😄:drink:

With regard to atmosphere, at Cambridge yesterday it was very loud first half but quietened down when they scored even though folk remained standing.  In the first half the loudest bloke was a few rows behind us who spent ages shouting the most foul abuse at the stewards in front of us!!  I'm not sure how that added to the atmosphere or helped the team!!!

Archived