onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton (H) match thread Sep 19th

darren1810

Folk going on about atmosphere and I'm hearing fans telling others sit down because they are up and encouraging. 

I agree with another comment on here most football supporters are quiet in the main .

I've never understood that I get told off by my lad for being constantly encouraging and coming sweating like something bad is going happen to me ,at Wembley I nearly collapsed I'd put my all in encouraging but if I didn't encourage each player then personally I'm as much use as a firestick watcher and for me personally there be no point attending .

I go there to encourage let's face it we are second in the league and if cannot get yourself  to one attend  ,and 2 encourage seriously need have a good look at yourself and ask am I giving my all when I expect them who represent the Vale give there all .

a George Andrews famously said in his commentary think v Everton the roofs come off such was the noise reverberating around the stadium. 

That's what it's all about for me 

Passion 

Come on Vale 

Advert

Sometimes it's the opposition that effect the atmosphere. It's hard to get motivated for some games. It takes a really top drawer performance with a few goals to get the atmosphere going when you play them. Won't say "teams like..." we know how that can backfire. I'm expecting the atmosphere to really get going v Bolton. 

We see it ourselves away at the likes of Sheff Wednesday. Absolutely dire atmosphere, but for them a game against us won't be that exciting. Hillsborough can be rocking at times, so it's not that they're just a <ovf censored> fan base.

The difference between now and before is that when we do get going, the opposition fans can actually hear us whereas they couldn't before. They'd just see the Railway looking a bit animated with their arms outstretched, and obviously not a peep from anywhere else. Crewe 2nd half in the league Cup was excellent. Best it's been at Vale since Swindon, that's what the Hamil brings.

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I listened on radio and u could only hear the away end until we scored so both ends were quiet 

So stop your little ex bycars agenda against the Hamil 

I’ve got no agenda, just stating a fact, a bit rich you trying to have a dig at me when you weren’t even there.

10 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I’ve got no agenda, just stating a fact, a bit rich you trying to have a dig at me when you weren’t even there.

It’s not a fact though 

You do have a agenda just admit it your a ex Bycars boy it’s not the first time u have said it 

Most vale fans want the best atmosphere possible where as people like u want it be <ovf censored> just so u can say so 

And I was away taking my little girl see her nana I’m also a season ticket holder so I pay my way 

1 hour ago, JohnDoe said:

Is the paddock sold out or are they just not selling tickets due to the toilets? I cant buy them online. 

No they are not  selling any more tickets for Paddock because of a toilet caving in .

I read  that the other day to be honest it's a bit bizarre reason to not sell any more tickets in that end as some folk are very precious about the end they go in .

I sat with me dad in RP when he was alive I'm now in the hamil.

I don't think he will mind after all I've sat in every area of the ground over the years .

37 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

It’s not a fact though 

You do have a agenda just admit it your a ex Bycars boy it’s not the first time u have said it 

Most vale fans want the best atmosphere possible where as people like u want it be <ovf censored> just so u can say so 

And I was away taking my little girl see her nana I’m also a season ticket holder so I pay my way 

It’s not the first time I’ve said it, correct, because it’s not the first time it’s happened, I could hear the Carlisle fans more and I hardly heard anything from the Hamil on Saturday.

I want a decent atmosphere every time, not an ovf censored one and you maybe a season ticket holder, fair play for that, but you still can’t comment on a game you weren’t at.

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

A by-product of the Hamil switch is the away fans are now as far away from the singers as they could possibly be.

The noisy contingent of both home and away being close enough to wind each other up and create a bit of needle is the biggest factor in making an atmosphere.

Unfortunately the two sections can barely hear each other.

The truth, for me, with atmosphere is that most clubs struggle with atmosphere these days. Football has changed. You still get the odd few, but some of those have to force it with a drum, ultras, flags etc. We could go down that route but it all feels a bit artificial.

Carol's aim is to make us a family-friendly club where people of all ages are safe and feel included in what we're about. All very laudable, of course but she either doesn't understand or doesn't want the vital interaction between home and away fans that is usually the starting point for a good atmosphere.

Don't doubt for a second that the move to swap ends was at least partially driven by the desire to keep home and away fans as far apart as possible. The idea it would be done on the back of one game (Swindon) always rang hollow. The various reminders from the club as to fans' behaviour hint at an increasingly sterile future in the stands. 

Countless other clubs manage to deal with home and away fans in the same stand, and 99% of the time the antagonism between them is left in the ground. 

That said, I'm enjoying the Hamil so far apart from the people who've moved there...then sit down in silence and stay put like something from Madame Tussauds.

Best way to generate an atmosphere is to bring back terracing. The fiasco of where to sit (well with terracing stand) sorts itself out. Moaners can go where they want to easily and the singers stand, sing, jump and down etc. Seats have always been crap. Even the atmosphere against Everton/Arsenal was nowhere near what it was v Spurs/Watford. Southampton and Genoa was amazing in the Hamil too.

16 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

We are doing so well atm, it's sad to see vale taking a pop at other vale fans because of where they choose to sit. Or indeed IF they choose to sit.

Not everyone is going to behave the same at a game, doesn't mean they aren't vale fans.

It becomes an issue when people trying to sing and support get nagged at to sit down and be quiet. 

11 minutes ago, smithie said:

It becomes an issue when people trying to sing and support get nagged at to sit down and be quiet. 

People don't tell supporters to be quiet but they might have a moan at people standing up constantly, if they want to do this move further back.  There are elderly and young children who not always able to be up and down constantly, I get it when attacking the Hamil End and looking like scoring but when going to the Bycars and we move into the opposition half I don't get it.  

People don't tell supporters to be quiet but they might have a moan at people standing up constantly, if they want to do this move further back.  There are elderly and young children who not always able to be up and down constantly, I get it when attacking the Hamil End and looking like scoring but when going to the Bycars and we move into the opposition half I don't get it.  
Up to the club to sort out the standing and sitting areas in the Hamil, it may take a season. Opening a family area in the Hamil part of Lorne St will help, but maybe a while yet.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived