onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton (H) match thread Sep 19th

darren1810

Advert

Game we should be looking to win, and to open a 17 point gap on them would be a huge gap in terms of potential relegation not that the early signs suggest that is to be an issue.

Worry is Burton are winless, Vale have the chance to go top with a point or outright top with a win in terms of games in hand of other sides and we all generally know what comes next!

So if we can win maybe we can really start to believe in this side if the allay those usual hiccups we have in these games.

Win here and regardless of Cambridge away it sets up a massive mouth watering game against Bolton to follow possibly on the back of a good cup win and big draw so the place could be really rocking.

Biggest difference for me is the often mentioned ball retention.

For the Northampton manager to say that we suffocated them points to this.

The side looks so well organised, and so comfortable in possession, it's different gravy.

Allied to this is patient probing; something that takes some getting used to.

It's the modern way, and takes some adjusting to. I'm loving the progression, but , whilst I appreciate the evolution, I don't find it exciting to watch yet. But I will stay with it , and enjoy the journey.

In mitigation, an opposing team with an ultra low block doesn't make for excitement of course!

I think this kind of 'studious' football contributes to the lack of atmosphere and the 'library' effect.

48 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Game we should be looking to win, and to open a 17 point gap on them would be a huge gap in terms of potential relegation not that the early signs suggest that is to be an issue.

Worry is Burton are winless, Vale have the chance to go top with a point or outright top with a win in terms of games in hand of other sides and we all generally know what comes next!

So if we can win maybe we can really start to believe in this side if the allay those usual hiccups we have in these games.

Win here and regardless of Cambridge away it sets up a massive mouth watering game against Bolton to follow possibly on the back of a good cup win and big draw so the place could be really rocking.

I'm ALREADY thinking about the Bolton game, SURELY BE a total sell out....

Port Vale v Burton .

If your Vale and can attend if live close enough then you should be buying them tickets today .

No excuses the players are doing it if can go you go .

No watching it on your firestick I have one but still buy 2 season tickets and attend .

I'm not there tomoz as still away but I've made sure someone is in my place .

I want hear that the crowds over 8000 tomoz minimum .

Even going because I'm away going pay another tenner on to my 2 season tickets and watch it on ifollow cause I know it will go to Vale .

Pack the Park .

I want to read build up today even if it bull.

Lorne Street sold out Hamil sold out .

Railways rocking with or with or without a toilets to sit  on 

Come on little Port Vale could be top tomoz .

Build it 

1 hour ago, SFBT said:

Biggest difference for me is the often mentioned ball retention.

For the Northampton manager to say that we suffocated them points to this.

The side looks so well organised, and so comfortable in possession, it's different gravy.

Allied to this is patient probing; something that takes some getting used to.

It's the modern way, and takes some adjusting to. I'm loving the progression, but , whilst I appreciate the evolution, I don't find it exciting to watch yet. But I will stay with it , and enjoy the journey.

In mitigation, an opposing team with an ultra low block doesn't make for excitement of course!

I think this kind of 'studious' football contributes to the lack of atmosphere and the 'library' effect.

On Saturday I thought to myself, bloody hell we are playing like Man City here with the patient probing and knocking the ball around. Then I thought don't be such a d#ckhead Barny,tell anyone that and you will get laughed at ! 😂

10 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

No assumptions, no complacency. Keep possession and get it back quickly if we lose it. Be patient but a bit more adventurous re getting in the box for crosses and having a go in front of goal.

Gamble on them balls in in two consecutive home games first 20 been getting in right side about 6/7times yet final ball where is everyone get in that box on

one occassion sat Devine put it across box ,and only Wilson was in there and he was not in the right position if anything he stood still .

All well and good having possession but sometimes you just have to hit it or gamble and make that run as there could be a goal or two for a player there .

3 hours ago, barny61 said:

On Saturday I thought to myself, bloody hell we are playing like Man City here with the patient probing and knocking the ball around. Then I thought don't be such a d#ckhead Barny,tell anyone that and you will get laughed at ! 😂

I thought the same!!

D#ckheads unite

Archived