onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe (H) FLT match thread Sep 5th

robf

Beating Charlton away, winning at the early League leaders. Pah! This is the match Vale fans will really be looking forward to :whistling:

Yes, erm, it's another visit from our near neighbours in the much maligned Football League Trophy group stages. 

Expect the usual EFL Trophy things - much changed line-ups, much disinterest and sparse crowds...

Share your thoughts on our dedicated match thread.

Advert

An interesting group, home games against the Railwaymen and the youngsters of the wealthiest club in England. Then, a visit to the Hollywood stars. Win bonuses and player development to enjoy? Crowd congestion not expected. Even with a first view of a new centre-forward, our international stars will be away doing their duty.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Use it as a way to get minutes into the legs of those who need it and then give some of the youth lads more experience for me. Obviously without Arblaster, Thomas and Devine due to international call ups anyway. If it was my call would go with something like this

GK Leutwiler

RCB Lowe

CB Balmer

LCB Jones

RWB Shorrock

CM Walters

CM Sang

LWB Grant

AM Plant

AM Garrity

ST Loft

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

Use it as a way to get minutes into the legs of those who need it and then give some of the youth lads more experience for me. Obviously without Arblaster, Thomas and Devine due to international call ups anyway. If it was my call would go with something like this

GK Leutwiler

RCB Lowe

CB Balmer

LCB Jones

RWB Shorrock

CM Walters

CM Sang

LWB Grant

AM Plant

AM Garrity

ST Loft

I wasn't impressed with much in the last game v Crewe. I guess I was pleased when we were being outplayed our defence and keeper were solid. I was also very impressed with Walters. This is another chance to see him progress. I would prefer we put out a strong team, score a few and withdraw. Not put on a strong team at the end to win it in the last 15 mins. However, I suppose I have to accept that giving youth a chance means starting young players and accepting some risk. 

If you want to develop young players you need to trust them and show faith in them, even if they get it wrong. I listened to the first Crewe match on iFollow,  then watched the whole match 2 days later. The first half was much more even than the Radio Stoke commentary.  We weren't great but we weren't getting steamrollered. 

If you want to develop young players you need to trust them and show faith in them, even if they get it wrong. I listened to the first Crewe match on iFollow,  then watched the whole match 2 days later. The first half was much more even than the Radio Stoke commentary.  We weren't great but we weren't getting steamrollered. 
That's the first thing I realised when ifollow first started - The commentary reflects in no way shape nor form what's happening on the pitch.

34 minutes ago, philmpv said:
2 hours ago, JRC said:

That's the first thing I realised when ifollow first started - The commentary reflects in no way shape nor form what's happening on the pitch.

Must be honest normally the commentary is just background noise. It the cup games when the video isn't live when I've noticed it.

12 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

An interesting group, home games against the Railwaymen and the youngsters of the wealthiest club in England. Then, a visit to the Hollywood stars. Win bonuses and player development to enjoy? Crowd congestion not expected. Even with a first view of a new centre-forward, our international stars will be away doing their duty.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Newcastle aren’t the wealthiest club, they just have the wealthiest owners. FFP means they can’t splash the owners money!!!

We should go with the strongest side possible depending on fitness. We have the weekend off so no need to save players. Get the job done, get a few goals and then bring on some of the younger players after 60/65 minutes. If we lost to Crewe because we didn't select a strong enough side it would leave a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth until the next game comes around.

I would be tempted to go stronger with the free weekend now to keep momentum going and make it 8 unbeaten. Losing as said would leave a negative with 11 days off.

Loft surely will start and imagine keeper would change. Alfie Devine probably starts this and Garrity. Get minutes into Grant and Sang. Defence probably picks itself again unless Balmer is available. Shorrock and Walters maybe options.

Archived