onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Women`s Football

Advert

1 hour ago, WV said:

If your counting bums on seats it is more popular than league 2. Last season league 2 average attendance was 4924 and the WSL was 6961. It is a little behind league 1 at 10000 but Derby boost that quite a bit. 

And if you look into the wsl figures, you will also see that the figures are held up by a few clubs, and hugely boosted by the few games ie. Arsenal and Man City held at the mens stadiums, when there was a national game break for the PL teams. And the wsl tickets costs nowhere near those of the mens teams. When Barcelona set a world record for att at a womens game, the tickets that were actually bought, cost on average 7 Euros. And 90% of the crowd, got in for free. They always say ‘look at the number of paying people attending’, but they never tell you how little they pay. The ticket are so close to free, it almost seem symbolic or simply to be able to make the ‘paying’ point. 

3 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

The amount of folk watching the female game is growing .
I cannot say I've been to a game but good on them I say .
Have we signed anyone yet .
I'm sure we need another 6 signings
Another cover CB right side
Winger to bring folk out there seats and giving them especially at home something enjoy and a player to put people in them seats gamely
Another centre mid as Ojo is very up and down I think we need better than him personally.
3 strikers you have to have variation .
Some games require clever forwards and others pure will to get the ball in the net for our fans who attend the games .
Over the years when we have been successful we have had like Cross and Foyle and Slaven .
Mills and Naylor and Foyle .
Pope and Williamson and Dodds
Proctor Wilson Harratt Garrity
Brooker Bridge Willinson and Naylor Mills also
So different types of players but all have there strengths so if playing a team who's central defenders are good in the air but are suspect on the deck play players who can out manoeuvre them and I'd suspect in the air play your 6 foot 5 non league addition and let him run amok .
Lers hope we not going be playing Harrison on his own and flogging him into a season ending injury .

I have been to a game - England v Italy (Euro Champs at the time). I thought it was dire. 

However, I have been out of order and I shall temper my comments in future. 

It's just a question of taste and I have no reason but to want women's football to grow even if I won't watch it. 

6 hours ago, Warren said:

I don't like being wedged with women's football. If it was on the same level as the men's team then fine. But they are not. If they're going to be covered then all the junior teams should be on there. 

🦖🦕

13 minutes ago, Warren said:

I have been to a game - England v Italy (Euro Champs at the time). I thought it was dire. 

However, I have been out of order and I shall temper my comments in future. 

It's just a question of taste and I have no reason but to want women's football to grow even if I won't watch it. 

If I’m honest, I don’t get how it’s become a slur to say ‘I don’t like womens football’. You’re instantly called a misogynist or worse. 
For other than form, it’s a completely different game altogether.

8 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

If I’m honest, I don’t get how it’s become a slur to say ‘I don’t like womens football’. You’re instantly called a misogynist or worse. 

In the right context it’s not become a slur, in the same way that it’s fine for a woman to say they prefer to watch women’s rather than men’s football, but to say that the Vale official social media channels shouldn’t mention the ladies team is quite frankly potty.

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

In the right context it’s not become a slur, in the same way that it’s fine for a woman to say they prefer to watch women’s rather than men’s football, but to say that the Vale official social media channels shouldn’t mention the ladies team is quite frankly potty.

Of course they can mention them. But to be honest, I don’t really understand why all clubs don’t have seperate SoMe accounts for the mens and womens teams. You can be interested in the mens team, without being interested in the womens dittto. To be honest, I don’t care for womens football, so I find it quite annoying that my twitter feed is overflowing with news on other clubs womens team, because of who I follow. So when people say, “just don’t watch it/read about it”, it’s almost impossible, especially at the moment. So I’m sorry, but I too feel I’m being forced fed it, and can’t avoid it.

41 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Would you say the same for tennis, I.e I'll watch the men at Wimbledon but not the women?

I must say the quality of the women's game has improved substantially since they went professional. That was in 2017 by the way.
I wonder what men's football was like about six years after it went professional?

Ask Stoke fans. They're still watching it

3 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

It's partly my fault on here. The product just has to be allowed to stand on its own two feet. People who enjoy it go, people who don't don't. 

12 hours ago, Walka003 said:
12 hours ago, Warren said:
I million percent certain I'm never going to watch the two female signings on the PV website. Need to concentrate on the professional men's team and i hope this isnt using up critical resources. 

What's the point in a post like that? What is your aim?

12 hours ago, Warren said:

I don't like being wedged with women's football. If it was on the same level as the men's team then fine. But they are not. If they're going to be covered then all the junior teams should be on there. 

It's a treat to watch football with far less diving and cheating than in the man's game! Women's football once attracted gates of 50k+, and had to be banned so that the men could get back to playing League football. Also - women's rugby and cricket are hugely enjoyable! As for women's hockey...and as a teenager who played for lads vs girls...absolutely brutal...and brilliant! Get your head out of your arse and support another Vale team! 

15 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Here's a forerunner to the new women's team. IMG-20221010-WA0004.jpg

I think the one with the fag in her mouth is saying "the standard of officials is bleeding awful. One day, in not too many years time, the fans will just not accept this and it will get a lot better.  Its spoiling the game, ya know..."

Archived