onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Loyalty Points.

ollyandpatch

Advert

I always expected this. Despite being a season ticket holder for 40 years have I any more right to a Burton ticket than a first time season ticket holder?  

Ultimately those who go to the most away games will be rightly rewarded with first dibs. 

12 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Very strange that the loyalty points system has been reset to zero.!

Lucky that we are not at Burton or another ground where there is a scramble for tickets but it's still a puzzling decision. 

Seems loyalty ends on the last game of a season 😎

Still shows your all time total. The reset to zero is for this season. Makes sense.

21 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

Still shows your all time total. The reset to zero is for this season. Makes sense.

What is the point showing your all time points if they dont count. Does'nt make any sense, they should have rolled on. The whole idea I thought was the more games you go the better chance of getting a ticket on big games.

What is the point showing your all time points if they dont count. Does'nt make any sense, they should have rolled on. The whole idea I thought was the more games you go the better chance of getting a ticket on big games.
They may use previous season points for big games. Has anything been stated yet? Some clubs use 2 or 3 seasons points.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

25 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

They may use previous season points for big games. Has anything been stated yet? Some clubs use 2 or 3 seasons points.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Correct,this should have been in place and made clear, there is still points awarded and people dont know how they got them, me included, I have two points already.

Loyalty schemes should be a season by season thing. For example if a father / mother can't go to games one year due to child commitments or someone my age is getting a new body part fitted then they should be able to come next season without being disadvantaged in their quest. 

3 hours ago, Properman said:

Clean slate every season imo is the fairest way to go. Example being, i attended every home game for the last 2 seasons since the scheme started plus a fair amount of away. If I go only a couple of games this season, should I get the same priority or better than someone attending home and away this season. I shall be going every home game and a few away by the way as normal.

18 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

Clean slate every season imo is the fairest way to go. Example being, i attended every home game for the last 2 seasons since the scheme started plus a fair amount of away. If I go only a couple of games this season, should I get the same priority or better than someone attending home and away this season. I shall be going every home game and a few away by the way as normal.

Or a compromise, roll over just the previous seasons away  points.

Just seems a step backwards in my opinion. 

So if we do a 'Luton' by some miracle and sell 10,000 season tickets and reset the loyalty points, all the many fans who have travelled all over the country for the past 30 years or more have no advantage over a first timer because we have hit the big time.

Unlikely I know.

2 hours ago, Warren said:

Loyalty schemes should be a season by season thing. For example if a father / mother can't go to games one year due to child commitments or someone my age is getting a new body part fitted then they should be able come next season without being disadvantaged in their quest. 

7 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

So if we do a 'Luton' by some miracle and sell 10,000 season tickets and reset the loyalty points, all the many fans who have travelled all over the country for the past 30 years or more have no advantage over a first timer because we have hit the big time.

Unlikely I know.

I can agree with both points of view. It's a difficult one, there'll always be someone missing out regardless of what system you use.

6 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Unlikely I know.

I assume fans recent history will remain stored and available to use if required. Need a statement from the club, there is still 3 weeks or so before away tickets go on sale.

4 hours ago, Port Vale Paul said:

I don’t think it makes sense.  Yes points will be reset but as I understood it ST holders received a certain number of base points to begin with.  I’d hazard a guess that these points have, for whatever reason, not yet been added if all accounts are showing zero.

Archived