onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just now, darren1810 said:

Running out of games mate .

Forget Ipswich and Plymouth. 

Charlton away is not as appealing as it was 2 months ago. Vastly improved team. Lincoln only lost once at home.

Believe you me it's squeaky bum time. 

For me go for it Monday. I want 5 at the back ditched and attack a team in hideous form. 

Just dont think we have got it in us to go for it. One things for sure dave worrall needs to be on the pitch 

Advert

Something is going on or gone on behind the scenes, this isn’t right:

Carole saying 1 thing about the Jan transfer window and DC saying it was poor (effectively) the roses in the walled garden are not as rosey as they seem…

You don’t go from being on the edge of the play offs at the start of Jan to winning just a few games over 3 months and counting.

We are in deep poop, our form is dreadful and there is ZERO fight from any of them, the mgt team included.

I worry about going down… I can’t see us recovering, they all need the sack come the end of the season

1 hour ago, ValeForever. said:

Yes she passed in the February. Who knows what's going on in his head. You can just tell by his body language though, he isn't the same person.

Hopefully he's got good people around him, I'm sure he will have.

I think football management can be unrelenting. 46 games plus cup games. So when it starts to go wrong it can be very draining mentally for the manager. I don't know what he can do by Monday. Essentially he has to hope our forwards can suck a goal in, confidence floods back into the team and we can keep a clean sheet.

But as we have observed there are some players with attitudinal issues. I think no matter how painful they have to be seen off. So, for example, I would not in a trillion light years question Bennings attitude and he has to come back in. 

14 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I genuinely think we need just focus on grinding out some draws i knkw that sounds pessimistic but we need to stop leaking goals. 3 draws probably sees us safe

I wonder if part of the problem is we look to be employing this approach, maybe subconsciously.  Certainly the games vs the teams below us we just needed to pick up a point to maintain the gap.  Confidence is totally shot now so if we concede it just evaporates to nothing and the team falls apart.  We ship a goal and the players body language isn’t one of desire to fight back and playing the relegation threatened teams recently has shown the difference in attitude between a team that fighting to stay up and a team that thinks they’re safe.  The rot has well and truly set in when players are laughing at fans after a defeat like today.

14 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I wonder if part of the problem is we look to be employing this approach, maybe subconsciously.  Certainly the games vs the teams below us we just needed to pick up a point to maintain the gap.  Confidence is totally shot now so if we concede it just evaporates to nothing and the team falls apart.  We ship a goal and the players body language isn’t one of desire to fight back and playing the relegation threatened teams recently has shown the difference in attitude between a team that fighting to stay up and a team that thinks they’re safe.  The rot has well and truly set in when players are laughing at fans after a defeat like today.

Watching on iplayer today, I thought we were edging the game and looked more likely before the keeper mistake. After, we went to pieces. 

If Robinson and Massey abused PV fans as stated, then that's it. Drop and delete.

Robinson's limitations as a player are not his talent, but as we have seen on many occasions his lack of football intelligence. 

Massey could also be a much better player than he is. It's all about his attitude. He is usually statuesque when the opposition have the ball in his zone. He has a sort of zombie like approach to defending or even just tackling / blocking up field. He's Port Vale's Keita (Liverpool). Despite ability he goes round in circles doing absolutely nothing. 

Massey is <ovf censored> end of 

Robonson I’m suprised in his attitude 

Maybe all the booing at home games,Ground empty at full time on sky tv, Cheering the captain off last week  

Sad sacks u get what u deserve 🖕

It’s the true fans u feel for during these times 

17 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Massey is <ovf censored> end of 

Robonson I’m suprised in his attitude 

Maybe all the booing at home games,Ground empty at full time on sky tv, Cheering the captain off last week  

Sad sacks u get what u deserve 🖕

It’s the true fans u feel for during these times 

No vale fan deserves a player to laugh at them when we’re churning out dog <ovf censored> like this week in week out. We could be dog <ovf censored> every week and I wouldn’t care but we’re not trying. That’s the bit that gets me. 

34 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I stand to be wrong perhaps here. Not got the measuring tape out. But pretty much every game I think we are too small. Like today, we are too small in defence in our box and too small in midfield where we lose challenges as a result. Last January I thought that was a deficiency that should have been addressed because it seemed pretty serious to me.  

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

No vale fan deserves a player to laugh at them when we’re churning out dog <ovf censored> like this week in week out. We could be dog <ovf censored> every week and I wouldn’t care but we’re not trying. That’s the bit that gets me. 

At Middlesbrough v Burnley tonight, Burnley players got stoned by Borough fans. Completely unacceptable. But the mask of professionalism never slipped with Burnley and they won the game securing promotion. 

For me, I was happy enough to let this season go with how it;s going to go so long that we stay in League 1 this season no matter what.

We could have played <ovf censored> all season but if we stay in League One it didnt matter but I'm now very concerned.

Like many folks on here, I have not enjoyed a single game. I have not come out of any game thinking we have played really well and we deserved to get something out of it but if we stay in 

I questioned it the other day but nobody made any comment on it but we have had no ID throughout this season. We have no ID, we also use the same formation, we never change it and now is it 9 points out of 51 we have gained?

Can somebody give me my belief back for next season when we have a one dimensional manager that who will not change tactics or formations?  

On the run that we are currently on, any other manager would not survive. So, what makes DC different which I have not seen since January?

Archived