onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

27 minutes ago, Warren said:

I stand to be wrong perhaps here. Not got the measuring tape out. But pretty much every game I think we are too small. Like today, we are too small in defence in our box and too small in midfield where we lose challenges as a result. Last January I thought that was a deficiency that should have been addressed because it seemed pretty serious to me.  

That’s mostly down to recruitment and partly availability but it’s not the only factor, it’s not just when the ball is in the air, we don’t compete on the deck.  We miss Garrity big time for his running, heading and battling qualities, sadly still injured.  We could’ve played with one of Harrison and/or Proc today considering the compact pitch and tall opposition, not that it matters when your keeper gets 2 hands on the ball and drops it into his own net and the team don’t have the collective will to raise their game to at least match the opposition.

Advert

You know what Vale fans are a forgiving bunch. We can forgive a lack of talent by someone who makes up for it with effort and endeavour. 

I think of someone like Kyle Perry who despite being dreadful at least tried his heart out and gave everything. 

We now have players allegedly laughing and telling us fans to eff off. Some of these have shamelessly thrown the towel in. 

Only time I've felt this angry was a couple of occasions in the relegation season. Sam Kelly bottling a 60/40 in his favour by the Lorne Street and Hooper lying on the Fleetwood pitch delighted to be subbed as he had no heart or courage for the fight . Some of these players need a long hard look at themselves. And if they don't want to play for us then they certainly won't have many suitors at League level based on the last 4 months. 

Shouldn't be hurling that kind of abuse at the players for me, no matter what. They are Port Vale players. I don't believe that any of them go out there to not do their best. They are bang out of form & there is zero confidence amongst them. It's frustrating yes, but ppl need to grow up & show some self restraint. 

Watched that video from full time & some of our supposed fans are an utter disgrace. Call yourselves supporters!? How does that behaviour help anything? Middle aged blokes who should know better, but don't, because they're about 10 ales deep, spitting abuse out & waving their arms about like they're ready to fight. Absolute morons. Just because you travel to Accrington away & pay your money, it doesn't give you the right to act like an animal when things go wrong on the pitch.

Bunch of absolute cretins. I'm glad Robinson told them to **** off.

Sort your lives out.

On 07/04/2023 at 23:10, darren1810 said:

You know what Vale fans are a forgiving bunch. We can forgive a lack of talent by someone who makes up for it with effort and endeavour. 

I think of someone like Kyle Perry who despite being dreadful at least tried his heart out and gave everything. 

We now have players allegedly laughing and telling us fans to eff off. Some of these have shamelessly thrown the towel in. 

Only time I've felt this angry was a couple of occasions in the relegation season. Sam Kelly bottling a 60/40 in his favour by the Lorne Street and Hooper lying on the Fleetwood pitch delighted to be subbed as he had no heart or courage for the fight . Some of these players need a long hard look at themselves. And if they don't want to play for us then they certainly won't have many suitors at League level based on the last 4 months. 

It is becoming obvious now for me but we have a one dimensional manager that we will not move forward with

18 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Shouldn't be hurling that kind of abuse at the players for me, no matter what. They are Port Vale players. I don't believe that any of them go out there to not do their best. They are bang out of form & there is zero confidence amongst them. It's frustrating yes, but ppl need to grow up & show some self restraint. 

Watched that video from full time & some of our supposed fans are an utter disgrace. Call yourselves supporters!? How does that behaviour help anything? Middle aged blokes who should know better, but don't, because they're about 10 ales deep, spitting abuse out & waving their arms about like they're ready to fight. Absolute morons. Just because you travel to Accrington away & pay your money, it doesn't give you the right to act like an animal when things go wrong on the pitch.

Sort your lives out.

Players are a disgrace pal. Find it a joke you’re calling out fans who’ve paid money to watch that tripe and find it ok that Robinson tells them fuxk off. What a load of rubbish 

46 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

No vale fan deserves a player to laugh at them when we’re churning out dog <ovf censored> like this week in week out. We could be dog <ovf censored> every week and I wouldn’t care but we’re not trying. That’s the bit that gets me. 

The only common denominator is the fact that we Vale fans will still be there year in year out when these useless tools have moved on to some other hapless club. DC says that players have been found out…. I suggest that DC should look in the mirror, maybe he has also found this level to be a step too far.

8 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Sort your lives out.

Was in the seats. Heard boos and chanting but couldn't see what was happening on the terrace. 

I'm sorry though Robinson has to be bigger than that and run the gauntlet irrelevant of deserving it or not. It wasn't personal at him. It's a collective thing.  

If he's done as alleged then he's on a loser. No loss a headless chicken with absolutely zero footballing intelligence bizarrely raved over by a few just because he looks busy and is quick. He's utter doggus. Chorley or Radcliffe Borough is his destiny. 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Players are a disgrace pal. Find it a joke you’re calling out fans who’ve paid money to what that tripe and find it ok that Robinson tells them fuxk off. What a load of rubbish 

I find that footage of our fans a joke. Absolutely embarrassing.

I don't care if they've paid money, it doesn't give people the right to hurl any abuse they feel necessary at a group of players already rock bottom on form & confidence.

Bunch of monkeys at the front of the stand. Dishing it out & then crying when one of the players tells them to **** off.

Robinson is young & naive. I'm sure he'll learn his lesson. But I don't blame the lad. He was the best thing since sliced bread when he was on the cusp of the first team a couple of months back. Now people want him sacked off for having the balls to stand up for himself.

Not having it.

Archived