onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Tough watch again something seems to have gone drastically wrong not looking good at all. Zero excuses something has to change. Clarke honestly baffles me how we havent changed formation. We have one fit cb but play 5 at back. Worrall best player agaisnt Cambridge doesnt start? Not saying a change of formation will fix things but surely atleast try how many <ovf censored> performances will it take for us to try something different. Honestly baffled.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Just got home.  8 hours of my life I won't get back.

1. Stevens is gash but we already knew that.

2. Donnelly is in the wrong profession. His huge punts into the air would be awesome at St Helens. 

3. Robinson is abysmal. See point 1. 

4. Smith cannot pass or control a football easily. Their 3rd was from an appalling first touch which led to the penalty. However he's the least of our worries. 

5. Ojo is brainless . Sent off at 3 down in injury time and now a 3 game ban . No words can justify his actions or excuse them. 

The one positive from today. I've actually got a nice bit of colour in my face from sitting in the lovely sunshine. So not all bad.

Embarrassing inept shameful and gutless .

Massey was decent until they scored then got dragged down to the other 10's level.

A truly awful day. 

' Massey was decent ' ?

Today was his big chance to be our saviour. He played wide right. He received lots of the ball, almost everything we did went to the right. He was involved once he had the ball ... but ... he didnt do anywhere near enough to show he is what we need. Two decent crosses at best, a couple of wasted ones, a few runs into no mans land, lost the ball more than once, pass backs went astray, looked disinterested when running back to defen in second half.

All of this and yet if we had made five subs i wouldnt have taken him off, He was better than the others but definately not for me next season

2 hours ago, ClntonBoulton said:

just back from my first live game in 17 years and I've given the Missus permission to shoot me if I EVER EVEN think about going again!!

We were pretty awful tbh...looked like, gulp, relegation fodder! there was no flow, no heart/desire, very little skill on view. Stood at he back of the away end it was interesting watching our front players when the defenders had the ball.....there was no movement, no options so it was hoofed to two forwards who had no chance of getting the ball and then bosh back it came.

The first goal was an U11's keepers error...what was he doing?

However, as bad as we were and it was incredibly frustrating I don't see the point in booing, singing "You're not fit to wear the shirt and all the other derogatory stuff sang at the team....it serves no purpose and I felt embarassed for the "supporters" singing it.....got to take it on the chin sometimes and I know we've had to do that a lot since Xmas...just my thoughts obviously.

Were we as good as when you watch on ifollow

2 hours ago, ClntonBoulton said:

just back from my first live game in 17 years and I've given the Missus permission to shoot me if I EVER EVEN think about going again!!

We were pretty awful tbh...looked like, gulp, relegation fodder! there was no flow, no heart/desire, very little skill on view. Stood at he back of the away end it was interesting watching our front players when the defenders had the ball.....there was no movement, no options so it was hoofed to two forwards who had no chance of getting the ball and then bosh back it came.

The first goal was an U11's keepers error...what was he doing?

However, as bad as we were and it was incredibly frustrating I don't see the point in booing, singing "You're not fit to wear the shirt and all the other derogatory stuff sang at the team....it serves no purpose and I felt embarassed for the "supporters" singing it.....got to take it on the chin sometimes and I know we've had to do that a lot since Xmas...just my thoughts obviously.

Are you here for another one

Flitcroft constantly hammers in about recruiting the right characters for the club and they do extensive research on this so if they arent the right fit then we wouldnt sign them. Id hate to see the players who we didnt go for judging in the character shown today.

9 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

' Massey was decent ' ?

Today was his big chance to be our saviour. He played wide right. He received lots of the ball, almost everything we did went to the right. He was involved once he had the ball ... but ... he didnt do anywhere near enough to show he is what we need. Two decent crosses at best, a couple of wasted ones, a few runs into no mans land, lost the ball more than once, pass backs went astray, looked disinterested when running back to defen in second half.

All of this and yet if we had made five subs i wouldnt have taken him off, He was better than the others but definately not for me next season

First 20 minutes was my caveat. Rest of the game he was toss. Felt he had left back on toast early doors.  

Decent probably stretching it. I'm still shell-shocked!! 

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Tough watch again something seems to have gone drastically wrong not looking good at all. Zero excuses something has to change. Clarke honestly baffles me how we havent changed formation. We have one fit cb but play 5 at back. Worrall best player agaisnt Cambridge doesnt start? Not saying a change of formation will fix things but surely atleast try how many <ovf censored> performances will it take for us to try something different. Honestly baffled.

This is what I don’t understand.We don’t have 3 CBs fit but yet keep playing them. We have WB’s who aren’t WB’s and defensive midfielders asked to be creative and wonder why we don’t create chances. We keep doing the same thing week in week out expecting a different result. This is one of the most boring teams I can remember watching.

I really think DC has lost the plot. For all his criticism of Askey he’s doing exactly the same. Personally feel DC has lost his edge . His demeanour interviews has changed, he reluctant to make changes during games, I would describe him as being passive which is not how he was last year. Maybe that’s because he feels like the rest of us and can’t wait to get rid of these players and rebuild in the summer so he’s going through the motions. Thats the attitude of the whole squad. They are going through the motions and it begins with the manager. 

Looking at the squad and who’s available, he has to change for me and get rid of 3 CB’s go back to basics with 4231.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

I genuinely think we need just focus on grinding out some draws i knkw that sounds pessimistic but we need to stop leaking goals. 3 draws probably sees us safe

Running out of games mate .

Forget Ipswich and Plymouth. 

Charlton away is not as appealing as it was 2 months ago. Vastly improved team. Lincoln only lost once at home.

Believe you me it's squeaky bum time. 

For me go for it Monday. I want 5 at the back ditched and attack a team in hideous form. 

Archived